The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Buying Guide in this month's PPC magazine (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1020)

Rob Bell 24th November 2006 14:33

Buying Guide in this month's PPC magazine

Practical Performance Car is currently one of my absolute favourite motoring magazines - mostly about shoe-horning outrageous engines into small classic cars.

Unsurprisingly, these guys 'get' the MG ZT260!

A very good buying guide in this month's magazine... :drool4:

Keith 24th November 2006 14:40

Is it out then?
I thought it came out on the 30th?

Tim 24th November 2006 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bell (Post 9534)
Practical Performance Car is currently one of my absolute favourite motoring magazines - mostly about shoe-horning outrageous engines into small classic cars.

Unsurprisingly, these guys 'get' the MG ZT260!

A very good buying guide in this month's magazine... :drool4:

How did you wangle a copy Rob, I haven't even got my copy yet and that was a freebie in the post jobbie.:rolleyes:

Pete 26th November 2006 19:14

It's in next week's edition if I have my calendar up the right way. Saw the current edition and they said in would be in the next one which is due next Thursday. I think.

Rob Bell 27th November 2006 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 9720)
How did you wangle a copy Rob, I haven't even got my copy yet and that was a freebie in the post jobbie.:rolleyes:

I'm a subscriber :D

Very good article - and a beautiful example photographed. Who's is it?

BTW, Well worth buying a copy - Toby Una's finished his BMW 3-series 3.5 litre turbo conversion! :drool4:

Stu C 27th November 2006 13:03

is this out this Thursday then? have to get that and keep it for future reference ;)

Keith 27th November 2006 17:08

Not to sure about the Future, now is the time to buy I doubt if there will be as many available next winter as there are now and prices are always depressed this time of year.

Womble 27th November 2006 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 10731)
Not to sure about the Future, now is the time to buy I doubt if there will be as many available next winter as there are now and prices are always depressed this time of year.

All of them have to be registered by the end of this year or they will fall foul of emissions regulations. The irony of this is that the engine actually meets Euro IV standards, but according to Rincewind they hadn't got around to registering it as such when they went pop.

Tim 27th November 2006 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bell (Post 10591)
Very good article - and a beautiful example photographed. Who's is it?

A man called Ray Morley, all round good egg. Was happy to drive over and allow the mag to take pictures etc. It arrived clean but they gave it a good going over with the cloth. :D

Keith 30th November 2006 16:58

Damn, local newsagent does not have any :(