The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Trip to North Cornwall (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65658)

peelaaa 29th July 2010 20:44

Trip to North Cornwall

Im just back from a lovely holiday in north cornwall. Travelled 2 and a half hours from county meath to rosslare, 3 and a half hour ferry crossing to fishguard and then 7 hours to mawgan porth(including stops) which is between newquay and padstow.
Car was flawless, boot completely full(dog guard came in handy), 3 passengers and also bike rack with 2 bikes out on the tailgate. Fuel dropped economy dropped to below 40mpg for the first time however, bikes must cause a lot of drag.

While I was their I discovered an allen key in the rear tyre. I had the hole repaired by kwik fit in newquay that cost £19:mad:, normally costs no more than 10 euros. They took tyre off wheel to repair it for some reason so had to get wheel balance and new valve.
Whenever I have had punctures repaired before they just plug the hole without removing tyre from wheel.

Anyhow, the only part of my body that was sore from driving was my eyes and brain, the car is so comfortable to drive such long distances, I could have put my slippers on:D

loz1971 29th July 2010 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 565809)
While I was their I discovered an allen key in the rear tyre

Excellent!! I wondered where I had dropped that!! any chance of posting it back to me??:p::p::D:getmecoat:

If you come down this way again and get a puncture give me a call, and I can get it fixed for free for you.;);)

peelaaa 29th July 2010 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz1971 (Post 565833)
Excellent!! I wondered where I had dropped that!! any chance of posting it back to me??:p::p::D:getmecoat:

If you come down this way again and get a puncture give me a call, and I can get it fixed for free for you.;);)

Thanks I will. A butcher who was selling delicious produce in the holiday park was from your town.

loz1971 29th July 2010 21:22

Was it Mr Morris or Mr Ellery??

peelaaa 29th July 2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz1971 (Post 565846)
Was it Mr Morris or Mr Ellery??

Can't be sure, he was a friendly chap however and drove a white car van.

loz1971 29th July 2010 21:32

Mr Ellery then, he has the BEST home made sausages, his pork and chilli are fantastic!!

I'm glad you had a nice time, and the weather wasn't too bad for you either, we didn't have that much rain. I probably drove past you several times, in fact, which park was it in Mawgan??

I supply "the park" as it's called by the new owners, (or just Mawgan Porth holiday park by everyone else););)

peelaaa 29th July 2010 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz1971 (Post 565853)
Mr Ellery then, he has the BEST home made sausages, his pork and chilli are fantastic!!

I'm glad you had a nice time, and the weather wasn't too bad for you either, we didn't have that much rain. I probably drove past you several times, in fact, which park was it in Mawgan??

I supply "the park" as it's called by the new owners, (or just Mawgan Porth holiday park by everyone else););)

The Park was where I was staying, wonderful place. What do you supply?

I'd like to live in north cornwall, love the lifestyle:)

loz1971 29th July 2010 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by peelaaa (Post 565858)
The Park was where I was staying, wonderful place. What do you supply?

I'd like to live in north cornwall, love the lifestyle:)

Well, lets just say you wiped your you know what with Suma toilet rolls, and everything was cleaned with Ecover products, they are very environmentally driven there, they also have a VERY swanky complex in Dorchester, I supply that one too;);)

Did you see there new American Streamline caravans, that was fun watching the lorries delivering them getting down the hill with the hairpin bend in it, the largest streamline came VERY close to falling off the lorry!!:D:D:D

When I'm really lucky, in the winter, they let me tear around in there golf carts!! we have had many a fun race in those;);):p::p:

And your right about the lifestyle, were very layed back, Dreckly is a very often used word around here believe me!!!!:D:D:D

peelaaa 29th July 2010 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz1971 (Post 565867)
Well, lets just say you wiped your you know what with Suma toilet rolls, and everything was cleaned with Ecover products, they are very environmentally driven there, they also have a VERY swanky complex in Dorchester, I supply that one too;);)

Did you see there new American Streamline caravans, that was fun watching the lorries delivering them getting down the hill with the hairpin bend in it, the largest streamline came VERY close to falling off the lorry!!:D:D:D

When I'm really lucky, in the winter, they let me tear around in there golf carts!! we have had many a fun race in those;);):p::p:

And your right about the lifestyle, were very layed back, Dreckly is a very often used word around here believe me!!!!:D:D:D

We stayed in the normal caravan but the streamlines were fantastic, just not big enough for us sadly. I agree about the hairpin bend, 1st gearjob, even with my synergy 2 fitted:D

loz1971 29th July 2010 21:58

Well I'm glad you had a good time, and North Cornwall looks forward to seeing you again soon mate!:):):)