The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Selling car. but not like the pics, naughty or not ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301987)

Mogodon 8th January 2020 17:19

Selling car. but not like the pics, naughty or not ?

Do members here think it's a tad misleading to advertise a car for sale with pictures of it with lots of toys and upgrades on it, at a price which is reasonable for the car as pictured, to then at the bottom of the description, list the toys and upgrades not included, and will be removed after sale and standard parts refitted (returning it to bog standard, unlike in the pictures) or can be left on for extra cost.

I think that's rather naughty, and if not included, should not be in the pictures on the vehicle.

Saw this for an MG for sale on a FB group (a lovely toyed up MG that would after sale only be a bog standard car again), seen with other cars as well over there.

marinabrian 8th January 2020 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2785472)
Do members here think it's a tad misleading to advertise a car for sale with pictures of it with lots of toys and upgrades on it, at a price which is reasonable for the car as pictured, to then at the bottom of the description, list the toys and upgrades not included, and will be removed after sale and standard parts refitted (returning it to bog standard, unlike in the pictures) or can be left on for extra cost.

I think that's rather naughty, and if not included, should not be in the pictures on the vehicle.

Saw this for an MG for sale on a FB group (a lovely toyed up MG that would after sale only be a bog standard car again), seen with other cars as well over there.

Seller wasn't from Peterborough by any chance :getmecoat:

Dallas 8th January 2020 17:44

What upgrades are we talking about?

Depends on the buyer I guess, as some people prefer their cars to be left standard, and if that means the car can be purchased at a lower price, then quids in I say...

Generally the car would be worth more against its classic status once brought back to its original condition, some mods and upgrades can devalue a car.

The seller obviously thinks the car is worth more with all the upgrades and wants to get good money for what he has paid out, but in fairness it doesn't always work like that.

Mogodon 8th January 2020 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2785479)
What upgrades are we talking about?

Depends on the buyer I guess, as some people prefer their cars to be left standard, and if that means the car can be purchased at a lower price, then quids in I say...

Generally the car would be worth more against its classic status once brought back to its original condition, some mods and upgrades can devalue a car.

The seller obviously thinks the car is worth more with all the upgrades and wants to get good money for what he has paid out, but in fairness it doesn't always work like that.

The ones I remember were the Mg7 rear lights, the Mg7 heater control and the headrests with DVD screens built in and front bumper with DRL'S were to be removed after sale and standard parts replaced.

But were all on the car in the advertisement which if I'm paying over 2 grand for a ZT I'd expect to be included.

FLYING BANANA 8th January 2020 18:19

I would have removed the items before putting the car up For Sale.

Mogodon 8th January 2020 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2785488)
I would have removed the items before putting the car up For Sale.

Which is to me the decent & honest thing to do.

Even more so if your asking top money as I'd be so disappointed if the pictures show a nice upgraded car, I agree to pay top money for said car and then go to collect, and get given a standard car like just about every other one on the road.

bl52krz 8th January 2020 20:52

Simples. Don’t contact the seller if you are not satisfied. Game over. He will realise he has dropped a boo boo.

COLVERT 8th January 2020 21:23

It would be a bit of a con except for the fact there was a list of parts going to be removed.----:shrug:

bikerdude666 8th January 2020 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2785489)
Which is to me the decent & honest thing to do.

Even more so if your asking top money as I'd be so disappointed if the pictures show a nice upgraded car, I agree to pay top money for said car and then go to collect, and get given a standard car like just about every other one on the road.

Except you wouldn’t, because you’d have read the list of what will be removed.

I can understand not putting the time in to change parts, that the new owner may want anyway. It’d be misleading to show it ‘upgraded’ and not mention anything in the ad, and only say those are extra when someone goes to view it. Personally I’d like to see a photo included of the condition of the parts to be fitted if I didn’t want the extras.

Les4048 9th January 2020 03:56

I’m confused as you state in #1 that parts not included in the sale of the car and will be removed and these would be left on if an extra amount of money is to be paid yet you’re disappointed that these have been removed because you’re paying the figure stated in the ad for the car after the parts have been removed. If you’re not happy you walk away and leave the seller with the car or you pay the extra for the parts so the car is as shown in the picture because you did state that’s what the deal was or I have not read your post correctly