The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall Star Technical and Follow up thread for Navall Star Owners ONLY Please (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249484)

Radioguy 19th July 2016 15:48

Navall Star Technical and Follow up thread for Navall Star Owners ONLY Please

We have started the bulk shipping this week and it would be great if we can post in this thread any questions or concerns so everyone can share in experiences, solutions and tips. .

Radioguy 19th July 2016 15:50

Your head units will arrive with the club logo installed.
They have the MG, Rover and Rover facelift badges preinstalled, so if you want to change to any of those Please go to "car setting ---> Common ---> Boot Logo (Password: 9999) --- Select your logo there.

http://75andzt.com/image/catalog/Nav...oot%20Logo.jpg

norbury brook 22nd July 2016 10:57

Thanks Sean,

Mine has arrived, just opened the box and it all looks very nice.

Won't have time to do anything until Sunday so I might be back with more questions.

anyway off the top of my head; is there an on line manual?

does the old win CE unit need any special tools to remove , or will it just slide out?

I notice there are 2 USB cables labelled differently, what is the difference, I would probably like to put a USB stick on to play my music, which one will be best?

the packing note says it has a SD card with Naval 8 on it, is that the updated version of the win CE one I've been using, will it have maps or do I need to buy them?

Will I be able to log onto my google account and download my apps etc and use it like my phone?

thats all for now

cheers

Marcus

Radioguy 22nd July 2016 13:00

Hi Marcus
It will directky repolace your Wince Unit
Either USB Cable is fine and actually there are 3.

There is an SD Card already ijn the Maps slot and its fully upgraded , nothing to buy.
Yes to your google account, yiou will have to set it to recognize the new device but thats it, you will be able to download apps.

Cheers

Sean

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbury brook (Post 2334325)
Thanks Sean,

Mine has arrived, just opened the box and it all looks very nice.

Won't have time to do anything until Sunday so I might be back with more questions.

anyway off the top of my head; is there an on line manual?

does the old win CE unit need any special tools to remove , or will it just slide out?

I notice there are 2 USB cables labelled differently, what is the difference, I would probably like to put a USB stick on to play my music, which one will be best?

the packing note says it has a SD card with Naval 8 on it, is that the updated version of the win CE one I've been using, will it have maps or do I need to buy them?

Will I be able to log onto my google account and download my apps etc and use it like my phone?

thats all for now

cheers

Marcus

Chilljohn 22nd July 2016 13:24

Great unit Sean

Swopped for Nav 3 as a test and its a nice little unit well worth the money

and the speed of boot .... Wow ! lol

only bad point is .... I have to give you money .... ok ok I mean Tomtom crashes on loading but that's all lol (compared to nav 3 )

norbury brook 23rd July 2016 10:37

Thanks. Sean,

That sound perfect, just what I'd hoped for. I'll post back when I've got it in and working, hopefully tomorrow.

Marcus

gazcaz 24th July 2016 07:25

Wallpaper sizing ? when i try to put custom wallpaper up you only have a square which you can manipulate ie small, bigger but that's it .i cannot get it to capture the whole wall paper at the moment ?

Home screen would be nice if we could remove the two small widgets so you have your wallpaper and icons bottom of page ?

But that saying the screen is far much better especially in Movies (separate settings) boot screen stays dark, then logo then pow quick and no more advertising.

gazcaz 24th July 2016 08:49

Sat nav works well (BUT VERY LOUD) even with volume turned to Zero in sound settings so it matches master volume need volume to be the same as master volume....

And i cant seem to find the setting for no music etc when sat nav starts ie only voice if required.

beejay 24th July 2016 11:13

Had my Naval Star fitted by Jeff yesterday and am really pleased with it, its far superior to the WinCE unit.m Thanks Jeff for the fitting and explanations.
Thw WinCE unit is now for sale to anybody who wants it, it has a walnut face to it and is up to date

norbury brook 24th July 2016 21:43

Ok, fitted the unit today;

First thing, the sound....WOW it was like I'd had new speakers fitted to the car...really big improvement. Unfortunately this only worked with CD's and blue tooth music, when playing Spotify premium the sound wasn't as good. None of the music equaliser controls seemed to work with Spotify. Hopefully USB audio will be as good as the CD, haven't checked yet.

Touch screen is wonderful compared to the old win CE unit.

You have to go into settings to get the seeing wheel controls to work.

The screen seems very bright and I've struggled to see non black text on a lot of menus , I can't seem to find a contrast setting.

Seems like the contrast needs to be changed , I found brightness but that doesn't make text in colours other that back easier to read.

Any ideas where contrast is?

All in all a great improvement over the previous unit.

Thanks Sean :D

I too now have a win CE unit for sale. Any idea what I would ask for it?

Marcus

tony_fry 24th July 2016 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2335144)
Sat nav works well (BUT VERY LOUD) even with volume turned to Zero in sound settings so it matches master volume need volume to be the same as master volume....

And i cant seem to find the setting for no music etc when sat nav starts ie only voice if required.

I have the same problem on my Chysler 300c unit, I have played out with the setting on the sys.txt file and have not been able to reduce the announcement volume.

There does not seem to be any volume control for the SAT NAV sound which seems strange all other Android units I have had, had this facility.

One for Sean to talk to the factory about.

jdchap20 24th July 2016 21:56

Hi Sean.. Could you tell me when mine will be sent. I will be away on sat for a few days Would appreciate it before I go if possible please. as you know I have quite a few things on order.

tony_fry 24th July 2016 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbury brook (Post 2335567)
Ok, fitted the unit today;

First thing, the sound....WOW it was like I'd had new speakers fitted to the car...really big improvement. Unfortunately this only worked with CD's and blue tooth music, when playing Spotify premium the sound wasn't as good. None of the music equaliser controls seemed to work with Spotify. Hopefully USB audio will be as good as the CD, haven't checked yet.

Touch screen is wonderful compared to the old win CE unit.

You have to go into settings to get the seeing wheel controls to work.

The screen seems very bright and I've struggled to see non black text on a lot of menus , I can't seem to find a contrast setting.

Seems like the contrast needs to be changed , I found brightness but that doesn't make text in colours other that back easier to read.

Any ideas where contrast is?

All in all a great improvement over the previous unit.

Thanks Sean :D

I too now have a win CE unit for sale. Any idea what I would ask for it?

Marcus

The contrast is set way to high, if you go to the car settings then the last menu at the bottom. And look for the spanner on the right, click on it and enter code 1260, the go to display you will get the brightness and contrast settings, I have put mine on 30, it will then ask you if you want to reboot.

It might mean playing about with it several times to get it how you like it.

The only down side you have to reset the EQ and the radio station presents each time, so get the resalaution right before you change any other settings.

Hope this helps you all.

Radioguy 25th July 2016 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdchap20 (Post 2335575)
Hi Sean.. Could you tell me when mine will be sent. I will be away on sat for a few days Would appreciate it before I go if possible please. as you know I have quite a few things on order.

Hi John Its already in transit. You should have the tracking? I Would guess there Tuesday , Latest Wednesday. Thanks !

Nantwich 75 25th July 2016 08:25

Hi Sean,

I was also wondering about delivery, have not received a a UPS number.

Cheers

Mike

gazcaz 25th July 2016 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 2335580)
The contrast is set way to high, if you go to the car settings then the last menu at the bottom. And look for the spanner on the right, click on it and enter code 1260, the go to display you will get the brightness and contrast settings, I have put mine on 30, it will then ask you if you want to reboot.

It might mean playing about with it several times to get it how you like it.

The only down side you have to reset the EQ and the radio station presents each time, so get the resalaution right before you change any other settings.

Hope this helps you all.

Interesting i shall give this ago to thanks.u mention resalaution hmm might explain why i cant get wallpaper to correct size also any luck in changing weather app from Chinese ...:D

Radioguy 26th July 2016 00:41

Re dab

We Have discovered that some units may not have the DAB App Installed from the factory. If thats the case on yours, please contact me , we will send the DAB app for download. Please note this Appworks ONLY with our DAB receiver and Just takes a few moments to install........
Cheers

Radioguy 26th July 2016 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 (Post 2335686)
Hi Sean,

I was also wondering about delivery, have not received a a UPS number.

Cheers

Mike

PM Sent Mike , yours was delivered to the access point 21 July , Please collect ASAP

Radioguy 26th July 2016 01:46

Shipping

I am getting several requests on shipping and the units are sitting in the UPS Access points already , we have 43 shipments almost complete so I decied to post here in hopes most will see it but we will notify if a shipment is sitting without being collected for too long. .

Everyone gets notification from Parcel2go to the provided email addresses
regarding Domestic shipments

We use a Shop to Shop courier service available to us via UPS
It allows you to collect the shipment locally and you don't have to wait for or arrange for someone to be there when a courier arrives.
It also seems to be a more desirable service for most people with busy schedules !
If we have your mobile # , we enter it and they will text you when the shipment is available to collect , usually 2 or 3 days from posting. All emails are entered and emails are sent, please check spam if you didnt get yours.

Since we are responsible to get these to everyone, I have a horse in the race and this is the safest way.

- this prevents couriers from arbitrarily dropping parcels in unauthorized locations , like on steps and under cars or at unknown neighbours
- you don't have to be nor arrange for someone to be at home waiting for the courier to come. You can collect it at your convenience.
- fewer hands actually handle the parcel so less chance for loss or damage
- Proper ID is required to collect it so it will be handed over only to the designated receiver
- transit time is reduced. 2 to 3 day service
- signatures are required and recorded in all cases

Over the years we have lost about a dozen units , and in 4 years only one of these has gone astray.

If you did not get tracking, PLEASE do not post here, please PM or email me at [email protected].

Cheers and thank you
Sean (Aka RadioGuy)

beaniedaz 26th July 2016 20:08

Hi Sean and hi to you guys. I've just received my naval star thank you very much Sean. So I may need a little help with 1 or 2 things in the coming days as I have no idea lol :shrug:

aturi83 26th July 2016 21:10

Any problems for anyone with navigation not working. Keep getting looking for GPS signal...

The android checker app picksup 5 or 6 but no location data comes up

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

aturi83 26th July 2016 21:12

Also nothing when my ipod is connected

Radioguy 27th July 2016 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaniedaz (Post 2336637)
Hi Sean and hi to you guys. I've just received my naval star thank you very much Sean. So I may need a little help with 1 or 2 things in the coming days as I have no idea lol :shrug:

Not a Problem we are around

Radioguy 27th July 2016 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2336716)
Any problems for anyone with navigation not working. Keep getting looking for GPS signal...

The android checker app picksup 5 or 6 but no location data comes up

Hi Aturi
Where is your aerial ? Assume this is the Navigation firmware IGO Primo ?
Make sure its firmly connected ........ It should be just behind the head unit and on a Post there. After you check the signal , maybe take it out from there and see if it is getting a clear signal out in the open.

Ipod , What is the model , again connections sometimes fall out when pushing the head unit back into place.
Cheers

aturi83 27th July 2016 07:50

It's an ipod classic. Usb is working for video and music on a stick.

Is there a GPS antenna included or do I need to buy one. Wasnt on in the box...

Cheers

MWMan 27th July 2016 11:01

Received my Navall Star today. Getting underway for the fitting and trying it out. Two questions:

1. There was no manual / instructions in the box. Do I use the Navall 3 one that is available to download or is there a specific Navall 3 one I need?

2. I purchased the wireless reversing camera with the unit. The instructions that come with it seem to be only for the wired version. Are there instructions for the wireless version? I don't want to mess it up by connecting something wrongly.

many thanks

John

Simondi 27th July 2016 16:20

Picked mine up this morning but won't be in a position to install till Monday:eek:

gazcaz 27th July 2016 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2336931)
Received my Navall Star today. Getting underway for the fitting and trying it out. Two questions:

1. There was no manual / instructions in the box. Do I use the Navall 3 one that is available to download or is there a specific Navall 3 one I need?

2. I purchased the wireless reversing camera with the unit. The instructions that come with it seem to be only for the wired version. Are there instructions for the wireless version? I don't want to mess it up by connecting something wrongly.

many thanks

John

1.Similar to Navall 3 but settings are slightly different..Boot logo code 9999,,,,,screen adjustment code 1260......when playing a dvd film it also can have the screen settings different to the overall unit.Also the volume you turn it of at will start at that setting.the only option i cannot find is turning music off when satnav running and the satnav voice is really loud and i have it set to Zero so may be something im missing.Home page cannot be altered as in the two widgets and ive tried to change radio skins but no joy so far as i think the pink light blue ect is a bit well not me lol.

Sound better screen better and quicker....

2.Cant help there but i think you wire up to reverse lights for transmitter and receiver to head unit same as naval 3.....

MWMan 27th July 2016 19:34

Gary

Many thanks for this. Can you tell me how you access the factory settings to input the 1260 code.

Thanks

John

Avora 28th July 2016 14:47

Picked my unit up yesterday and got it mostly installed/tested.

One thing that has me puzzled, on my WinCE unit I could look at the reverse camera whilst driving. Unusual I know, but can be handy when towing. Is this possible with this unit.

I have tested the DAB unit and I'm very impressed with it, just need a decent place for the aerial to go, anyone have any recommendations? I was hopping to get it right on the rear passenger side window in the ZTT boot. Unless it will hide at the top of the windscreen somewhere.

The boot time is incredible, I like how the Bluetooth music shows the track information. Very nice unit to use.

tony_fry 28th July 2016 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avora (Post 2337566)
Picked my unit up yesterday and got it mostly installed/tested.

One thing that has me puzzled, on my WinCE unit I could look at the reverse camera whilst driving. Unusual I know, but can be handy when towing. Is this possible with this unit.

I have tested the DAB unit and I'm very impressed with it, just need a decent place for the aerial to go, anyone have any recommendations? I was hopping to get it right on the rear passenger side window in the ZTT boot. Unless it will hide at the top of the windscreen somewhere.

The boot time is incredible, I like how the Bluetooth music shows the track information. Very nice unit to use.

Yep your right, its a great unit, I havn't watched a DVD on it yet, but he picture is meant to be great.

Avora 28th July 2016 15:20

For those interested, I have found instructions for the standard aerial (or a very similar one) that Sean sells. Link to instructions here

Windscreen it is then, at least the cable routing is easy.

gazcaz 28th July 2016 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2337161)
Gary

Many thanks for this. Can you tell me how you access the factory settings to input the 1260 code.

Thanks

John

gazcaz 28th July 2016 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 2337568)
Yep your right, its a great unit, I havn't watched a DVD on it yet, but he picture is meant to be great.

I have Fast Fur its brilliant and you can change settings ie colour contrast brightness and it doesnt change the master settings only dvd its so much clearer...:D

Radioguy 28th July 2016 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2336840)

Cheers

GPS Antenna is Included ..........

Sean

Radioguy 28th July 2016 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2337101)
1.Similar to Navall 3 but settings are slightly different..Boot logo code 9999,,,,,screen adjustment code 1260......when playing a dvd film it also can have the screen settings different to the overall unit.Also the volume you turn it of at will start at that setting.the only option i cannot find is turning music off when satnav running and the satnav voice is really loud and i have it set to Zero so may be something im missing.Home page cannot be altered as in the two widgets and ive tried to change radio skins but no joy so far as i think the pink light blue ect is a bit well not me lol.

2.Cant help there but i think you wire up to reverse lights for transmitter and receiver to head unit same as naval 3.....

Wireless is similar
From the transmitter , wire the red and Black to Live and Negative to the reverse lights, Then Plug the transmitter and wire the trigger wire to the red on the extension cable. Then the red at the receiver end to the Pink on the loom.

Radioguy 28th July 2016 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2336840)

Cheers

It Looks a bit like a computer mouse
Not in the box? for certain? Have you tried another IPOD? Could be Cable issue? Not connected or broken?

Radioguy 28th July 2016 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2337101)

Gaz

I Am consulting with the engineers with this LOUD SAT NAV Voice issue

Sean

Radioguy 29th July 2016 17:17

Steering Wheel Controls connections

Just to update folks , steering wheel control connections are done er the following if you do not have the plug in adapter on your car.

Green to Blue/Orange on Grey connector and Black to Blue/Pink (Purple) on Grey connector

It does not matter in what order you connect Green to Blue/Orange or Blue / Purple etc.

Cheers

Sean

ballymenaman 29th July 2016 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2337722)
Wireless is similar
From the transmitter , wire the red and Black to Live and Negative to the reverse lights, Then Plug the transmitter and wire the trigger wire to the red on the extension cable. Then the red at the receiver end to the Pink on the loom.

Hi Sean

Got mine today!

Can you expand on the instructions where you say "Then Plug the transmitter and wire the trigger wire to the red on the extension cable." Is the trigger wire the blue one? Which one is the extension cable? (sorry for being thick!!) Is there anywhere I can find the instructions online? Photos would be great.

Also, I notice that the front DVR has no SD card slot. Does the camera record to the media SD?

Thanks

Radioguy 29th July 2016 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballymenaman (Post 2338222)
Hi Sean

Got mine today!

Can you expand on the instructions where you say "Then Plug the transmitter and wire the trigger wire to the red on the extension cable." Is the trigger wire the blue one? Which one is the extension cable? (sorry for being thick!!) Is there anywhere I can find the instructions online? Photos would be great.

Also, I notice that the front DVR has no SD card slot. Does the camera record to the media SD?

Thanks

Hi Bally

transmitter plugs to the Rear Camera RCA
It records to the Navall Star Directly
Default is to the media sd card slot but you can change it in the head unit settings

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...bb46271de9.jpg

trigger is the 12VOLT Blue Wire

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...bb68cd61e3.jpg

Simondi 29th July 2016 21:59

I had some spare time this afternoon and decided to have a play around with my unit.

First impressions.
Display is great
Sound is great
Radio reception on FM very clear.
Sat Nav again very clear and LOUD. (Went into the various settings both on unit settings and SatNav settings and now all sorted)

Overall very pleased with it indeed.

A couple of questions.
The back button/home button on the touch screen don't seem to work or is it my sausage like fingers?
How does the DVR camera work?
OBD/ Torque Pro. Can this be let on all the time in the background?

Last but not least. Thanks to my neighbours boy I now have a mini disc stuck in the CD slot:mad::mad: Any ideas how I can get it out without a) destroying the unit or b) without breaking his fingers:devil:

gazcaz 31st July 2016 08:22

Ive been using mine for a week now and very pleased,very fast,screen brilliant,i only have one but at mo, the Radio skin can it be changed ?

My reason is they have used light coloured blocks with white writing and its very hard to see the freq number stored ? OR can it change the font black against the light colours ?

gazcaz 31st July 2016 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2338314)
I had some spare time this afternoon and decided to have a play around with my unit.

First impressions.
Display is great
Sound is great
Sat Nav again very clear and LOUD. (Went into the various settings both on unit settings and SatNav settings and now all sorted)

A couple of questions.
The back button/home button on the touch screen don't seem to work or is it my sausage like fingers?

Last but not least. Thanks to my neighbours boy I now have a mini disc stuck in the CD slot:mad::mad: Any ideas how I can get it out without a) destroying the unit or b) without breaking his fingers:devil:

To get over your problem i brought a nice stylus pen and i use that it also saves finger marks :D

Kennyeth 31st July 2016 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2338954)
To get over your problem i brought a nice stylus pen and i use that it also saves finger marks :D

Can DAB be installed "inside" these units ?? :shrug:
I keep having thoughts of "downgrading" the more I read of how satisfied peeps are with the screen, talking of which GARY....I hope your stylus pen has a rubber type tip, and not one that`s as sharp as a set of darts :eek:
Ken.

gazcaz 31st July 2016 08:49

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2338967)
Can DAB be installed "inside" these units ?? :shrug:
I keep having thoughts of "downgrading" the more I read of how satisfied peeps are with the screen, talking of which GARY....I hope your stylus pen has a rubber type tip, and not one that`s as sharp as a set of darts :eek:
Ken.

Yes sorry its the one with the rubber end a dob dob .....

Kennyeth 31st July 2016 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2338969)
Yes sorry its the one with the rubber end a dob dob .....

I never thought to take mine out, I think I still have a spare somewhere,
icons in corners or bunched together can be tricky and my finger are only average :}
Ken.

Simondi 31st July 2016 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2338954)

I think thats the way forward lol

aturi83 31st July 2016 19:43

Sorted, was left on the table and tidied away.

Anyone got a custom launcher running on it yet.

Any idea about the iPod classic not working Sean?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2337724)
It Looks a bit like a computer mouse
Not in the box? for certain? Have you tried another IPOD? Could be Cable issue? Not connected or broken?

aturi83 31st July 2016 19:47

Oh another thing how can I connect a Bluetooth adapter to this. However there's no Bluetooth options in the android options..

Simondi 31st July 2016 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2339317)
Oh another thing how can I connect a Bluetooth adapter to this. However there's no Bluetooth options in the android options..

If you are talking about the OBD adaptor that was included. Plug it into the OBD port. On the apps screen there is an OBD app, select this and tap connect. Worked for me

aturi83 31st July 2016 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2339374)
If you are talking about the OBD adaptor that was included. Plug it into the OBD port. On the apps screen there is an OBD app, select this and tap connect. Worked for me

I already had one so I didn't bother buying one.....

norbury brook 1st August 2016 12:25

Quote:

First impressions.
Display is great
Sound is great

A couple of questions.

which setting in particular to sort out the sat nav volume. used mine this week for the first time but had to mute the sat nav as even with the volume at zero it was still way too loud.

any way to set the USB drive music player to sort by Artist? it's just showing an alphabetical album folder view, not a big deal but would be nice to sort by different criteria.

screen is great , sound is great , sat nav seems to take longer to lock on that the old unit, any ideas? I have the GPS receiver stuck the underside of the dash in the center.

cheers

marcus

gazcaz 1st August 2016 18:17

Quote:

First impressions.
Display is great
Sound is great

A couple of questions.

How did you sort sat nav VOLUME i have master set to zero and still blows my ears out lol..:D

Simondi 1st August 2016 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2339863)
How did you sort sat nav VOLUME i have master set to zero and still blows my ears out lol..:D

On the nav app press the speed button in the bottom left of the screen.
The sat nav volume buttons are in the settings option.
I also went into the general settings and reduced the nav volume.

The lady is now quite easy listening lol

Dallas 1st August 2016 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2339863)

Gaz, you are just getting old... :getmecoat: :D

jeremy 2nd August 2016 07:24

marcus you said you have to go into settings to get the steering wheel controls to work. Please can you elaborate. Thanks Jeremy

norbury brook 2nd August 2016 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy (Post 2340163)
marcus you said you have to go into settings to get the steering wheel controls to work. Please can you elaborate. Thanks Jeremy

from the general settings page from the home screen there's a section that says something like 'SWC' which when opened gives you a full screen menu that you can choose what you'd like controlling. You just press the button for volume up on the scene then touch you steering wheel control and it's set, do the same for down and all the other things are you're ready to go.

Marcus

tony_fry 2nd August 2016 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2339917)
On the nav app press the speed button in the bottom left of the screen.
The sat nav volume buttons are in the settings option.
I also went into the general settings and reduced the nav volume.

The lady is now quite easy listening lol

Made no difference to my head unit, I even changed the settings on the SYS.TXT file on iGo. without and reduction of the volume, this is only loud when I have a TTS voice, (before you say anything, I have asdjusted the setting on the TTS program too).

gazcaz 2nd August 2016 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2340064)
Gaz, you are just getting old... :getmecoat: :D

Thanks bud wait till i come down there lol. :D

Radioguy 2nd August 2016 21:29

Manual is ready and more

I Have Just completed editing the Manual for the Navall Star. Ill be sending a general Email this evening notifying everyone , Click here to download your copy.

I have also acquired an OBD2 Manual for those that need it Click Here

And the IGO Primo Navigation Manual Click Here

Simondi 3rd August 2016 06:52

Thanks Sean. It spoils the fun of pressing random buttons but thanks anyway:D:getmecoat::D

Simondi 3rd August 2016 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 2340369)
Made no difference to my head unit, I even changed the settings on the SYS.TXT file on iGo. without and reduction of the volume, this is only loud when I have a TTS voice, (before you say anything, I have asdjusted the setting on the TTS program too).

Strange how different things seem to work. What voice do you have? I'm using the lady ( without street names)

aturi83 3rd August 2016 10:18

Any update on the iPod classic issue Sean?

Chilljohn 4th August 2016 06:47

on my sat nav when the voice it shouting at me I just turn it down on the volume knob and it has a reg volume bar that just turns down the sat nav voice , this doesn't work on tts I don't think but I bought igo from store and its fine with that as with mapfactor

has anyone that has had volume issues tried this ? only works when the sat nav is "talking"

John

MWMan 4th August 2016 09:56

Custom wallpapers - Navall Star

I have been able to change the wallpaper on the unit from the small selection that is built in, but would like to add one of my own. Has anyone done this? and how do you do it?

thanks

MWMan 4th August 2016 11:33

1 Attachment(s)
aturi83 asked -Any idea about the iPod classic not working Sean?

I'm also having the same trouble with the Ipod classic. I have plugged it into one of the USB cables on the rear of the Navall, but when selecting Ipod on the screen it does nothing. Having just read the manual (picture below) it says to use the ipod cable provided with the device. Is this different to the USB cables?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...5&d=1470310385

gazcaz 4th August 2016 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2341704)
I have been able to change the wallpaper on the unit from the small selection that is built in, but would like to add one of my own. Has anyone done this? and how do you do it?

thanks

Straight forward upload to the sd card put in slot, go and browse it find your picture and top right will allow you to set it as wallpaper..

gazcaz 4th August 2016 18:15

Havant looked yet, but whenever i turn on my unit it comes up with some screen about editing or configuring my memory what is that all about ? shows by sd card etc do i want to eraze ,save space delete etc ? :eek::duh:

Is there an App pre installed to manage memory Sean or Coolcat ?

Radioguy 5th August 2016 13:38

Loud Sat Nav

We are trying to work out this Loud voice issue, the factory engineer has tried to duplicate the issue without success.

A few Questions:

1/. Is everyone having this issue? Or is it sporadic units?
2/. Is it happening only with the IGO supplied or with other Navi programs also?

Cheers

Sean

Radioguy 5th August 2016 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2341921)
Havant looked yet, but whenever i turn on my unit it comes up with some screen about editing or configuring my memory what is that all about ? shows by sd card etc do i want to eraze ,save space delete etc ? :eek::duh:

Is there an App pre installed to manage memory Sean or Coolcat ?

Gaz , can you please post a pic of that?"

Radioguy 5th August 2016 13:40

Still checking on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2341747)

I'm also having the same trouble with the Ipod classic. I have plugged it into one of the USB cables on the rear of the Navall, but when selecting Ipod on the screen it does nothing. Having just read the manual (picture below) it says to use the ipod cable provided with the device. Is this different to the USB cables?

Chilljohn 5th August 2016 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2342248)
We are trying to work out this Loud voice issue, the factory engineer has tried to duplicate the issue without success.

A few Questions:

2/. Is it happening only with the IGO supplied or with other Navi programs also?

Cheers

Sean

mine was only loud 1st time of use as it defaults to 15 in the volume , how ever when the voice is on all I needed to do was turn the volume knob down and I got a red volume bar instead of the grey one , this only appears when the voice is giving instructions and the second she stops it reverts to music volume straight away if that makes sense , this is on your igo and I bought igo from the market , might be an idea to set the default sat nav volume in the password settings menu lower that 15 if you can for future release ?

one thing if you are able to look at is on other sat nav apps .... for example the igo 8 from the market , when it plays a sound it stops the music player working I think it pauses it but it doesn't unpause after the sat nav noise stops , same with radio etc , but if I use tune in radio for example it carry on playing as should can provide vids if you need them

Ta mate

tony_fry 5th August 2016 14:41

Quote:

A few Questions:

Cheers

Sean

Hi Sean,

You know I am having problems with my unit

I have tried WAZE "Loud", Copilot (No sound at all) I have just downloaded Sygic and will give you an update on the loudless (if any sound) once I have had time to give it a try.

BUT I do use a TTS voice (SVOX or IVONA), I think the non-street annocuments are at a lower volume

gazcaz 6th August 2016 07:21

I check mine today and take picture Sean,,,,i have master volume down and satnav volume zero and she stills shouts at me ,but will check again today at some point....

tony_fry 6th August 2016 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2342622)
I check mine today and take picture Sean,,,,i have master volume down and satnav volume zero and she stills shouts at me ,but will check again today at some point....

Are you running a TTS voice or the standard voice?

gazcaz 6th August 2016 09:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2342249)

Here it is ,it seems like its something to do with EZ ? ive tried looking at settings and to no avail..

.ps also my satnav KEEPS SHOUTING AT ME !

gazcaz 6th August 2016 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 2342645)
Are you running a TTS voice or the standard voice?

Just the built in one ive just checked again master volume zero and sat nav volume zero and she still shouts at me SIGNAL LOST lol

Rit 6th August 2016 10:20

Sean, yes I have the loud issue with mine, standard voice (diddnt know there was any other). I only have the igo software that was supplied on the unit. Also alot of the time especially coming up to speed cameras the voice is very slurry and slow....he sounds drunk lol.

Quote:

A few Questions:

Cheers

Sean

Kennyeth 6th August 2016 10:35

Wish I could help you Guy`s so here is a "stab" "dark" :}
Have it/could it be anything to do with the equalizer if you have one?
or anything in your music player settings?
Ken.

Simondi 6th August 2016 10:39

My sat nav lady is at an adequate volume. I
Did change it to non street names though

Dallas 6th August 2016 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2342727)
Just the built in one ive just checked again master volume zero and sat nav volume zero and she still shouts at me SIGNAL LOST lol

Hey Gaz, What settings do you have under the android 'Audio Profiles' setting?

If there is no separate volume to use, you could try downloading another voice.

Are you using the US Female voice in TTS settings, select the UK voice or used the PlayStore and download more voices, you may find a softer voice.

You could also try a specialised app from the PlayStore to see if that helps, try This one or This one, there seems to be many apps available, worth a try. :}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rit (Post 2342757)
Sean, yes I have the loud issue with mine, standard voice (diddnt know there was any other). I only have the igo software that was supplied on the unit. Also alot of the time especially coming up to speed cameras the voice is very slurry and slow....he sounds drunk lol.

I'm simulating this using my own phone... Try going into android settings and select 'Language & Input' then select 'Text to Speech Output' then click on speech rate (you will have some speech rate options).

tony_fry 6th August 2016 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rit (Post 2342757)

Re the slurry voice, if you hold down the top of the screen and slide it down it gives you access to a "speed" icon click on it, it will kill iGo & other apps that are running in the background and, then just restart iGo and the voice will be at normal speed.

You can add the TTS voice via the sounds and notifaction setting on the unit just look for UK TTS, the unit has Google Text-to-Speach already loaded on the system but it is very robotic. I think you can adjust the volume which and accoucment is being made turn the dolum down and it will should SAT VOLUME in a red slider.

Dallas 6th August 2016 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 2342802)
I think you can adjust the volume which and accoucment is being made turn the dolum down and it will should SAT VOLUME in a red slider.

I agree, on some devices this does work.
Start a navigation path and while the voice talks, turn the volume down which should set the volume with a slider bar.

tony_fry 6th August 2016 13:16

Well done some testing over the last few days.

The standard voices can be adjusted with the volume knob, however TTS cannot be, it's not the software I have tried iGo, Copilot and Sygic.

Unit set using TTS.

iGo is too loud
Copilot no sound
Sygic is to low can hardly hear anything

Radioguy 6th August 2016 17:23

I am following along, I have the factory working on it but as of Friday AM They could not duplicate it.
Ill go back to them on Monday with this new Info.
Thanks for everyone's input

aturi83 6th August 2016 19:00

Yeah I've used the original cable, works fine into the pc etc. But nothing at all when used on this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2341747)

gazcaz 7th August 2016 10:54

Okay this may be me missing something but i cannot find the menu for voice etc...as in this clips menu.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdQYNMGN8xc

gazcaz 7th August 2016 11:47

Think ive found it def prefer Primo though easier lay out....:D

gazcaz 7th August 2016 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2342249)

Sorted it i hope, i know in morning when i turn it on,i removed the app it also started to not allow the usb with music on it start straight away, its like it had changed the music to default sd card ? Strange....

Avora 8th August 2016 11:25

I haven't been able to get my bluetooth OBD adapters (I've tried two) to connect to the unit. The built in OBD app searches and never finds anything.

I'll be annoyed if this has been restricted to a special type of adapter.

I used the sat nav for the first time yesterday and it worked well. Only twice it lost signal, but soon caught up and didn't get us lost.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

aturi83 8th August 2016 14:52

I think the OBD service has a specific code preset...I already had one too and havent got it to work.

Satnav is great, can you use postcodes in it???

Still cant get the ipod classic to work either....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avora (Post 2343987)
I haven't been able to get my bluetooth OBD adapters (I've tried two) to connect to the unit. The built in OBD app searches and never finds anything.

I used the sat nav for the first time yesterday and it worked well. Only twice it lost signal, but soon caught up and didn't get us lost.

Trearddur 9th August 2016 12:33

Micro SD Card not being recognised

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Popped over to Jeff last Wednesday to have a 'Star' with DAB+ and Reversing Cameras fitted, what a great piece of kit!

I'm having a bit of a prob with the SD card not being recognised. At first I think I'd made a mistake (should have read the instructions) in trying to use a 64Gb card, exchanged that for a 32Gb card and still get 'insufficient memory' message on 'Star' when trying to use DVR.
Attached is a pic of the card I'm trying to use, any ideas guys?

dendeeze 9th August 2016 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2344512)
Hi all,

Popped over to Jeff last Wednesday to have a 'Star' with DAB+ and Reversing Cameras fitted, what a great piece of kit!

I'm having a bit of a prob with the SD card not being recognised. At first I think I'd made a mistake (should have read the instructions) in trying to use a 64Gb card, exchanged that for a 32Gb card and still get 'insufficient memory' message on 'Star' when trying to use DVR.
Attached is a pic of the card I'm trying to use, any ideas guys?

Did you format the card into FAT32?

Trearddur 9th August 2016 15:40

Micro SD Card not being recognised

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendeeze (Post 2344556)
Did you format the card into FAT32?

Not yet, Jeff said it didn't need it, I'll plug it into my laptop and report back!

coolcat 9th August 2016 16:29

Hi Christopher,

If you go into the dvr app there is a button on the bottom of the screen (can't remember which one but I think it shows a folder type icon) if you press that you can select which SD card slot the unit records to.
You will want to select SD card 2 :}

Trearddur 10th August 2016 17:22

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2344629)
Hi Christopher,

If you go into the dvr app there is a button on the bottom of the screen (can't remember which one but I think it shows a folder type icon) if you press that you can select which SD card slot the unit records to.
You will want to select SD card 2 :}

I formatted the SD card in FAT32 format (full, not 'quick') on a windows laptop, inserted it in the RH slot and started the Star, opened DVR and pressed the folder button (second from right) and selected SDcard2 and got the message "Memory less than 7G
No joy yet, I'm afraid!

coolcat 10th August 2016 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2345179)
I formatted the SD card in FAT32 format (full, not 'quick') on a windows laptop, inserted it in the RH slot and started the Star, opened DVR and pressed the folder button (second from right) and selected SDcard2 and got the message "Memory less than 7G
No joy yet, I'm afraid!

I'll have a check tommorow when I'm back at the shop, see if there is something else to set:}

Trearddur 11th August 2016 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2345219)
I'll have a check tommorow when I'm back at the shop, see if there is something else to set:}

Is it possible that the problem is the 'type' of SD card I purchased? (pic in earlier posting)

MWMan 11th August 2016 06:08

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased this one to go in my Navall Star. I used the adaptor that came with it to put into my laptop and copied my music onto it (I didn't format it). Worked first time when I put it in the Navall. It does say Android in the title - but I'm not sure what that really means.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...4&d=1470895499

Simondi 11th August 2016 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2345179)
No joy yet, I'm afraid!

I bought a cheap 16 GB USB drive and use one of the USB outlets on the back with an extension into the glovebox.
Go into the settings on the DVR app and select the USB option. Works perfectly

aturi83 11th August 2016 10:07

Anyone having problems with intermittent usb access problems. My stick works perfectly or not at all. No problems with it in the computer....

With the iPod problems and no postcode search on the nav, I feel like I've gone back in time.

Anyone fancy a navall star? Can have it for what I paid for it....

gazcaz 11th August 2016 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2345467)
Anyone having problems with intermittent usb access problems. My stick works perfectly or not at all. No problems with it in the computer....

With the iPod problems and no postcode search on the nav, I feel like I've gone back in time.

My music is on usb no problems at all but what i did discover was an app on the unit ez storage i think its called and it kept changing mu usb to sd card.uninstalled app no problems since.

coolcat 11th August 2016 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2345467)

Post code search is there Sir.
In where it says city just type the post code instead ;)

tony_fry 14th August 2016 21:44

Anyone have the dash cam on the Star unit?

Mine does not seem to have any zoom facility as the other cams I have had, on the other unit you could zoom in with a menu setting , and also this cam does not as auto wipe out old recording, I have to go onto the SD card and delete the recordings or the unit does not record your present journey.

Trearddur 15th August 2016 14:52

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2345364)
I purchased this one to go in my Navall Star. I used the adaptor that came with it to put into my laptop and copied my music onto it (I didn't format it). Worked first time when I put it in the Navall. It does say Android in the title - but I'm not sure what that really means.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...4&d=1470895499

Just exchanged the previous 32Gb Micro for this one which you have had positive results from. Formatted FAT32 on a Windows laptop; doesn't work. Completely stumped now, over to you guys!

Radioguy 16th August 2016 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2344045)
I think the OBD service has a specific code preset...I already had one too and havent got it to work.

Satnav is great, can you use postcodes in it???

Still cant get the ipod classic to work either....

Aturi
Have you tried the IPOD Plugged to the correct USB, There is Only ONE That is for IPOD. Not just any USB lead .

MWMan 17th August 2016 14:55

1 Attachment(s)
Sean

I have just tried this on mine today. I plugged my ipod into each of the three USB inputs to the Navall, but all I keep getting is the loading screen when I select the ipod App.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...8&d=1471445683

Radioguy 17th August 2016 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2348418)
Sean

I have just tried this on mine today. I plugged my ipod into each of the three USB inputs to the Navall, but all I keep getting is the loading screen when I select the ipod App.

Okay
Are you using the Original IPOD Lead?

MWMan 17th August 2016 19:30

It's an Apple lead (white one) that came with the iPod.

Muck 18th August 2016 19:59

Hi,
if there is no DAB App installed, is it possible to use the app which comes with the Navall3?
Muck

aturi83 18th August 2016 22:08

Does the OBD adapter work with an android phone? If it does its bluetooth code will be set to "1234". The default on the Star is "0000".

Open the bluetooth app on the radio, change the default code from "0000" to "1234".

Click on the bluetooth adapter when it finds it.

It should then connect without issue. Mine now works with the torque app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avora (Post 2343987)

aturi83 18th August 2016 22:09

Exactly the same as mine does, with all 3 usb leads on the radio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2348418)
Sean

aturi83 18th August 2016 22:10

Anyone had any luck changing the default launcher?

I've got Nova installed no problem, but cant use any of the stock apps for radio, ipod etc.

Avora 18th August 2016 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2349129)
Does the OBD adapter work with an android phone? If it does its bluetooth code will be set to "1234". The default on the Star is "0000".

Open the bluetooth app on the radio, change the default code from "0000" to "1234".

Click on the bluetooth adapter when it finds it.

It should then connect without issue. Mine now works with the torque app.

I've used both adapters through many phones and tablets over time. On many many vehicles. One is a Viecar adapter, default pass code is 0000, so should already work, and another is a generic adapter with the passcode 6789.

I'll give it a go with that adapter, however it is not the adapter I want to use as it is too big for use while driving, unlike the Viecar.

coolcat 19th August 2016 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muck (Post 2349050)
Hi,
if there is no DAB App installed, is it possible to use the app which comes with the Navall3?
Muck

Using your original dab box from your Navall3 it should be fine to use that Muck:}

Trearddur 19th August 2016 10:07

Kaput!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2347491)
Just exchanged the previous 32Gb Micro for this one which you have had positive results from. Formatted FAT32 on a Windows laptop; doesn't work. Completely stumped now, over to you guys!

Left London yesterday morning on a trip to Anglesey, got as far as East Acton and the radio (DAB) stopped working and the screen went blank.
Button lights are working, the screen shows a faint glimmer of very dim light. Tried an ignition off reset; no joy, tried disconnecting the battery for ten minutes for a cold reset; no good!
Given that the buttons are illuminated I imagine there is power to the head unit?
It was a long quiet drive!
Any ideas?

coolcat 19th August 2016 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2349331)
Left London yesterday morning on a trip to Anglesey, got as far as East Acton and the radio (DAB) stopped working and the screen went blank.
Button lights are working, the screen shows a faint glimmer of very dim light. Tried an ignition off reset; no joy, tried disconnecting the battery for ten minutes for a cold reset; no good!
Given that the buttons are illuminated I imagine there is power to the head unit?
It was a long quiet drive!
Any ideas?

Have you tried pressing the right hand knob?
This button blanks the screen;)

https://youtu.be/xQGzXaoqqEA

Trearddur 19th August 2016 13:39

Kaput

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2349335)
Have you tried pressing the right hand knob?
This button blanks the screen;)

https://youtu.be/xQGzXaoqqEA

Tried pressing the RH button, LH button then the opposite L & R nothing.
I've checked the 15A fuses in the Pax compartment box F22 and the fuse at the back of the head unit; no good!

Ideas?

coolcat 19th August 2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2349419)
I've checked the 15A fuses in the Pax compartment box F22 and the fuse at the back of the head unit; no good!

Ideas?

Have you used a paper clip and tried the RST button below the right hand knob?

If that doesn't get it back into life it does unfortunately sound like it may have a fault .

Please let Sean know (if you haven't already) so he can advise further.

Radioguy 19th August 2016 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2349419)

Ideas?

Also try removing the battery cable of the car for about 30 minutes

See if it brings it back in case there wqas a firmware freeze up

Radioguy 19th August 2016 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2349130)
Exactly the same as mine does, with all 3 usb leads on the radio.

Still working on this Arturi

Radioguy 19th August 2016 14:21

Re LOUD IGO Issue

We have tried nd tried to duplicate this at the factory without success

I need a Volunteer to try another Igo Program , We will send out an SD Card (No Cost) to someone thats having the issue.

Maybe 2 Volunteers?

Trearddur 19th August 2016 14:51

Test Igo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2349456)
We have tried nd tried to duplicate this at the factory without success

I need a Volunteer to try another Igo Program , We will send out an SD Card (No Cost) to someone thats having the issue.

Maybe 2 Volunteers?

If I can liven up the head unit I'm up for it!

jdchap20 19th August 2016 15:16

Why does my radio stop when approaching traffic cameras. Just started, did not do before. I did change voice to try and find a quieter one. Would this be the reason ?

Trearddur 19th August 2016 18:12

Kaput

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2349453)
Also try removing the battery cable of the car for about 30 minutes

See if it brings it back in case there wqas a firmware freeze up

I disconnected the Neg battery lead for 1Hr 20Min, reconnected and put the ignition key in the 1st Aux position, pressed the LH knob for 1Sec to switch the unit on; nothing!

aturi83 21st August 2016 16:15

Anyone having problems with the satnav screen blacking out constantly? Goes to the screen showing speed etc. Clicking the bottom brings the map up for 1 or 2 seconds only..

tdi90 21st August 2016 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2350635)
Anyone having problems with the satnav screen blacking out constantly? Goes to the screen showing speed etc. Clicking the bottom brings the map up for 1 or 2 seconds only..

When it happens again press the 'off' symbol on the bottom right (I think) of the screen. Iirc its quite large and red/blue in colour

Trearddur 22nd August 2016 04:09

Kaput

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2349573)
I disconnected the Neg battery lead for 1Hr 20Min, reconnected and put the ignition key in the 1st Aux position, pressed the LH knob for 1Sec to switch the unit on; nothing!

This is how the screen appears at night. No sound, nothing.

Suggestions please.

Wibberly 22nd August 2016 15:00

I wonder if anyone knows how to activate an external microphone?
Looked through most of the settings and I know it's still only using the internal one.
Cheers

dendeeze 22nd August 2016 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2350912)
This is how the screen appears at night. No sound, nothing.

Suggestions please.

Can you disconnect the canbus and see what's happen, maybe the radio get a wrong canbus signal.

Trearddur 22nd August 2016 16:52

Kaput

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendeeze (Post 2351227)
Can you disconnect the canbus and see what's happen, maybe the radio get a wrong canbus signal.

Interesting idea, but the radio was working fine for two weeks it simply stopped the other morning after being 'on' for about 10mins. Surely if the Canbus were a factor (1) disconnecting the battery for 1Hr 20min would have effectively served the same purpose (2) The radio would never have worked as the Canbus 'signals' would have already been corrupted?

dendeeze 22nd August 2016 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2351254)
Interesting idea, but the radio was working fine for two weeks it simply stopped the other morning after being 'on' for about 10mins. Surely if the Canbus were a factor (1) disconnecting the battery for 1Hr 20min would have effectively served the same purpose (2) The radio would never have worked as the Canbus 'signals' would have already been corrupted?

Do you have an automatic transmission?

I encountered the following problem with my navall 3.

I have a sequential transmission and if i connected the canbus and put my 'gear stick' in drive, the screen went black, no respons and no sound. maybe that could be the problem, maybe it could be the same problem, it's searching what could cause this error. (P.S... the problem is solved by Radioguy who contacted the factory for a solution)

Trearddur 22nd August 2016 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendeeze (Post 2351292)
Do you have an automatic transmission?

I encountered the following problem with my navall 3.

I have a sequential transmission and if i connected the canbus and put my 'gear stick' in drive, the screen went black, no respons and no sound. maybe that could be the problem, maybe it could be the same problem, it's searching what could cause this error. (P.S... the problem is solved by Radioguy who contacted the factory for a solution)

That is odd, yes I have an Automatic!

dendeeze 23rd August 2016 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trearddur (Post 2351350)
That is odd, yes I have an Automatic!

Just take out you're Canbus and see what's happen.

Let us know which result you have, good luck :)

coolcat 23rd August 2016 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendeeze (Post 2351937)
Just take out you're Canbus and see what's happen.

Let us know which result you have, good luck :)

No Canbus used on our cars radios;)

dendeeze 24th August 2016 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2352105)
No Canbus used on our cars radios;)

Ow, i din't know that, i thought that the rover cars, also uses the i-bus canbus system from bmw. How does the radio comunicate with the steering wheel or dimming the screen if you turn on the lights? :)

coolcat 24th August 2016 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendeeze (Post 2352220)
Ow, i din't know that, i thought that the rover cars, also uses the i-bus canbus system from bmw. How does the radio comunicate with the steering wheel or dimming the screen if you turn on the lights? :)

Nope,

They are just electrical switches.

The units for our cars do not come with the canbus interface and just plug in via ISO connectors and a plug in steering wheel connector :}

This is the Navall loom for the MGR cars ....

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...psqslkxomr.jpg

And this is the opposite connectors in our cars with the exception of a few that use the 17 pin round BMW connectors instead......

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...pszhr05kvs.jpg

lathbury 25th August 2016 09:30

I have the Navall 2, is the Star literally plug and play or are wiring changes needed?. Thanks, John.

Radioguy 25th August 2016 13:23

Update

We have the UPDATE to fix the IPOD Issue
Please contact me for the link if anyone needs it
[email protected]

Radioguy 25th August 2016 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lathbury (Post 2352886)
I have the Navall 2, is the Star literally plug and play or are wiring changes needed?. Thanks, John.

Hi John, Yes , the head unit is plug and play in place of any of our Navall units , The NEw LOOM must be used, It does not plug to the Head unit loom. It plugs to the car
Sean

lathbury 25th August 2016 18:27

Thanks, Sean. John.

gazcaz 25th August 2016 18:33

Any news on wallpaper sizing ? Everything else is all good...:D

aturi83 25th August 2016 19:38

No difference for me Sean. Card in, restarted, updated no problem. Lost all my radio settings but none of the USB connectors work with the ipod :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 2352998)
We have the UPDATE to fix the IPOD Issue
Please contact me for the link if anyone needs it
[email protected]

coolcat 25th August 2016 19:55

Hi Sean,

Drop me a copy of the iPod update and I'll give it a try as well Sir:}

Adrianpeanuts 26th August 2016 16:26

Hi anyone any ideas why Netflix or BBC iplayer only has sound and no picture? My Navall 1 plays OK with Wi-Fi but the Star won't, both have good connection to Wi-Fi.
Plus the built in odb pairs with my elf 237 but no data or change of screen, torque pro connects and works OK.
Any tips or ideas welcome, thanks in advance.

coolcat 26th August 2016 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianpeanuts (Post 2353684)
Hi anyone any ideas why Netflix or BBC iplayer only has sound and no picture? My Navall 1 plays OK with Wi-Fi but the Star won't, both have good connection to Wi-Fi.
Plus the built in odb pairs with my elf 237 but no data or change of screen, torque pro connects and works OK.
Any tips or ideas welcome, thanks in advance.

Go into picture settings and switch the driving video ban switch to off:}

Adrianpeanuts 26th August 2016 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2353692)
Go into picture settings and switch the driving video ban switch to off:}

Jeff that's done, I can play movies from sd card OK, youtube runs OK as well. Not tried DVD yet.

Muck 26th August 2016 22:42

Hi,
Does anyone else have the problem that DAB App couldn't start aux in? Everytime I want to hear DAB radio I have to tap on the aux in icon - and yes checkbox is clicked in the settings.

Muck

coolcat 27th August 2016 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muck (Post 2354017)
Hi,
Does anyone else have the problem that DAB App couldn't start aux in? Everytime I want to hear DAB radio I have to tap on the aux in icon - and yes checkbox is clicked in the settings.

Muck

Hi Muck,

Don't think anyone else is using the original (Navall3) Dab receiver with their Star so not sure how good an answer you will get.
Remember the app for that was designed for the Navall3 so I would guess the automatic switching to auxiliary won't function because of that.