The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall Star Technical and Follow up thread for Navall Star Owners ONLY Please (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249484)

aturi83 26th July 2016 21:10

Any problems for anyone with navigation not working. Keep getting looking for GPS signal...

The android checker app picksup 5 or 6 but no location data comes up

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

aturi83 26th July 2016 21:12

Also nothing when my ipod is connected

Radioguy 27th July 2016 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaniedaz (Post 2336637)
Hi Sean and hi to you guys. I've just received my naval star thank you very much Sean. So I may need a little help with 1 or 2 things in the coming days as I have no idea lol :shrug:

Not a Problem we are around

Radioguy 27th July 2016 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturi83 (Post 2336716)
Any problems for anyone with navigation not working. Keep getting looking for GPS signal...

The android checker app picksup 5 or 6 but no location data comes up

Hi Aturi
Where is your aerial ? Assume this is the Navigation firmware IGO Primo ?
Make sure its firmly connected ........ It should be just behind the head unit and on a Post there. After you check the signal , maybe take it out from there and see if it is getting a clear signal out in the open.

Ipod , What is the model , again connections sometimes fall out when pushing the head unit back into place.
Cheers

aturi83 27th July 2016 07:50

It's an ipod classic. Usb is working for video and music on a stick.

Is there a GPS antenna included or do I need to buy one. Wasnt on in the box...

Cheers

MWMan 27th July 2016 11:01

Received my Navall Star today. Getting underway for the fitting and trying it out. Two questions:

1. There was no manual / instructions in the box. Do I use the Navall 3 one that is available to download or is there a specific Navall 3 one I need?

2. I purchased the wireless reversing camera with the unit. The instructions that come with it seem to be only for the wired version. Are there instructions for the wireless version? I don't want to mess it up by connecting something wrongly.

many thanks

John

Simondi 27th July 2016 16:20

Picked mine up this morning but won't be in a position to install till Monday:eek:

gazcaz 27th July 2016 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2336931)
Received my Navall Star today. Getting underway for the fitting and trying it out. Two questions:

1. There was no manual / instructions in the box. Do I use the Navall 3 one that is available to download or is there a specific Navall 3 one I need?

2. I purchased the wireless reversing camera with the unit. The instructions that come with it seem to be only for the wired version. Are there instructions for the wireless version? I don't want to mess it up by connecting something wrongly.

many thanks

John

1.Similar to Navall 3 but settings are slightly different..Boot logo code 9999,,,,,screen adjustment code 1260......when playing a dvd film it also can have the screen settings different to the overall unit.Also the volume you turn it of at will start at that setting.the only option i cannot find is turning music off when satnav running and the satnav voice is really loud and i have it set to Zero so may be something im missing.Home page cannot be altered as in the two widgets and ive tried to change radio skins but no joy so far as i think the pink light blue ect is a bit well not me lol.

Sound better screen better and quicker....

2.Cant help there but i think you wire up to reverse lights for transmitter and receiver to head unit same as naval 3.....

MWMan 27th July 2016 19:34

Gary

Many thanks for this. Can you tell me how you access the factory settings to input the 1260 code.

Thanks

John

Avora 28th July 2016 14:47

Picked my unit up yesterday and got it mostly installed/tested.

One thing that has me puzzled, on my WinCE unit I could look at the reverse camera whilst driving. Unusual I know, but can be handy when towing. Is this possible with this unit.

I have tested the DAB unit and I'm very impressed with it, just need a decent place for the aerial to go, anyone have any recommendations? I was hopping to get it right on the rear passenger side window in the ZTT boot. Unless it will hide at the top of the windscreen somewhere.

The boot time is incredible, I like how the Bluetooth music shows the track information. Very nice unit to use.