The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Happy days. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290618)

Hopeso13 30th November 2018 06:13

Happy days.

I collect the 75 diesel later today. So looking forward to seeing what these cars are all about.

Arctic 30th November 2018 07:15

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeso13 (Post 2690699)
I collect the 75 diesel later today. So looking forward to seeing what these cars are all about.

HI Neil.
Congrats feel free to post up a photo of the 75 diesel when you get it home, then the work will start to do those little checks plenum spy hole mod, bonnet cable mod, tie back a few hoses so they can not chaff, press the demist button to make sure the low speed fan is working as it should.

You can use this thread to keep a detail of what when and how have a safe journey home after picking it Arctic.

Hopeso13 30th November 2018 17:45

A friend took me up to collect the car this afternoon. The car normally sits outside apparently but to my surprise the seller had put the car into his garage a couple of days ago after giving it a good clean and Hoover out.
As the car has sat for some 4 months not being used, it's been replaced by a tourer, he had kept it in the garage with the central heating boiler beside it to dry it out. The car doesn't leak but the condensation had made the seats feel damp.

I had a very nice drive home, some 48 miles of motorway, dual carriageway, town driving and countryside driving. It drives very well with very few rattles.

Only the electric door mirrors don't work and the drivers door window goes down properly but you need to keep working the switch to get it to go back up again.

With a very full service history, 146,000 miles on it, 4 recent new tyres and a fitted tow bar I think I have got a bit of a bargain. Only time will tell if I'm right though.

suzublu 30th November 2018 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeso13 (Post 2690820)
A friend took me up to collect the car this afternoon. The car normally sits outside apparently but to my surprise the seller had put the car into his garage a couple of days ago after giving it a good clean and Hoover out.
As the car has sat for some 4 months not being used, it's been replaced by a tourer, he had kept it in the garage with the central heating boiler beside it to dry it out. The car doesn't leak but the condensation had made the seats feel damp.

I had a very nice drive home, some 48 miles of motorway, dual carriageway, town driving and countryside driving. It drives very well with very few rattles.

Only the electric door mirrors don't work and the drivers door window goes down properly but you need to keep working the switch to get it to go back up again.

With a very full service history, 146,000 miles on it, 4 recent new tyres and a fitted tow bar I think I have got a bit of a bargain. Only time will tell if I'm right though.

Hi & congrats on your new car. the mirrors are an easy fix, just need to pop the switch off & clean the contacts. Might also fix your window problem:cool: There's a "How To" for it, I'll see if I can find it:cool:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=233971

bl52krz 30th November 2018 18:43

146000. Just run in now then. Best wishes for joining THE club for the 75/ZT. Have a look at the how-to section if you need to do anything. As Artic says, after you have cleaned the plenum out, do the spy hole mod. Happy motoring.

Scaramanga 30th November 2018 19:27

Congrats....

:wantpics:

Hopeso13 30th November 2018 19:45

As a new member of the forum I can't post attachments yet.

suzublu 30th November 2018 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeso13 (Post 2690852)
As a new member of the forum I can't post attachments yet.

You can, nothing stopping you:shrug: Either use an image hosting site like Imgur, or the forums own :cool:

Hopeso13 30th November 2018 20:12

In the posting rules box on the bottom left of this page it tells me "You may not post attachments " and there is no button to attach pictures.

I assume that rule is to stop a new member just putting pictures up without serving a trial period.

another_clean_sheet 30th November 2018 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeso13 (Post 2690864)
In the posting rules box on the bottom left of this page it tells me "You may not post attachments " and there is no button to attach pictures.

I assume that rule is to stop a new member just putting pictures up without serving a trial period.

Do you not have to pay the £10 subscription and become a full member? It is a snip at the price for all the "How To's" and the advice from the more knowledgeable members.