The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Scottish independence. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=176386)

WillyHeckaslike 11th March 2014 16:58

Quote:

Astraeus: UK assets belong to us (the Scottish people) as they do to everyone else.
Which in fairness must include the likes of oil and gas and also liabilities too ... like debt.. :shrug:

TopCat999 11th March 2014 17:00

I have many chums in my home town of Inverness- interesting their take on things
1 They are now refusing scottish notes- happy with english £50s for any cash deals as they don't want to be stuck with them post ScOut
2 Law firms in Inverness are being asked to set up English/welsh companies rather than scottish ones for their Inverness based clients

It is also amazing that of the 7 largest Scottish firms all but 1 has said that they have contingency plans to move HQ south in event of ScOut

Selfishly I can see 1 possible advantage to ScOut- I could spend more than my 90 days on the mainland!

maintenanceman 11th March 2014 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickm1 (Post 1604236)
Salmond is deffo not the guy to lead us into it thats for sure, Im in the vote NO camp anyway as too many unanswered questions for my liking.
I can understand however why a lot of people would like to break away from the union, more importantly an alliance with the pompous neighbours :D

Yesterday we had a visit from a bean counter from the Scottish part of the group I work for and during a coffee break he was asked his view.

His answer was he's an undecided voter but probably no as in the above post there are just too many unanswered questions.

Simondi 11th March 2014 19:38

Yes.

Independence is scary, the alternative of more of the same is horrifying.

As to the unanswered questions, time will tell.
Out of interest, are the channel Islands going to be expelled from Europe and have sterling taken off them as they are not I believe part of the UK?
Likewise their limited resources seem to have made them a wasteland

J1MBO 11th March 2014 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraeus (Post 1604444)
Mods...I think this should be moved to the social section please.

Chris

Tend to agree with you Chris, we've all rather wandered away from the original topic of number plates.

murphyv310 11th March 2014 19:45

Hi.
Its no for me as the outcome if we left the UK is too dodgy. Alex has certanly never answered any question that I have asked. Yes I have asked in a few emails to the SNP HQ with no replies, this in itself is enough for me to firmly vote no.

The only gripe for me is how some of my fellow contrymen come across to us up here, don't forget that many Englishmen and women live here and love the country, I feel the ones that have a massive rant need to test the water first before the rant as so many are talking pub talk not from a factual basis.

Lovel 11th March 2014 19:46

What a waste of time this whole independance vote and the run up to it is. :duh: how much is this costing the economies in the long run? If only the politicians had spent as much time focusing on the real issues.

As a North of Scotland resident, I want independance from Sandy Fish and his Central belt cronies. :eek: We have first hand experience of it.

If he gets the yes vote then we will be even more isolated up here. In fact the north would probably be run by an unelected party. ironic isn't it as that has been Sandy's argument for years against Unionist parties.

Dream on Sandy, Mel Gibson in Braveheart and your vision is about as real as you are mannie. Lets escape this tartan clad nightmare scenario and look to the future together as one........

doopydug 11th March 2014 19:51

Well said Gary !

Borg Warner 11th March 2014 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydug (Post 1604776)
Well said Gary !

And I'll second that.

BW

TopCat999 11th March 2014 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 1604753)
Yes.

Independence is scary, the alternative of more of the same is horrifying.

As to the unanswered questions, time will tell.
Out of interest, are the channel Islands going to be expelled from Europe and have sterling taken off them as they are not I believe part of the UK?
Likewise their limited resources seem to have made them a wasteland

Well the Ch Isles and the IOM are british crown dependencies and are not part of UK nor EU

The Ch Isles certainly have their problems (as does the IOM) but at least the IOM has VAT sharing with UK. as well as a positive bank balance and as the fastest growing western democracy (grew by 4.5% last year) a number of significant advantages over ScOut.

Iom and Ch Isles have own currencies which are 1:1 linked to Sterling- just as Alex would like - but crown dependencies have no say in sterling as would happen to ScOut if Alex decided to use sterling.
If fact Alex S is so keen on the IOM approach he is often here liaising etc (and charging £37.50 per ticket to listen to him) not many takers there................