The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Convoy 5th meet? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7743)

Jamie 7th July 2007 17:06

Convoy 5th meet?

The convoy to the 4th meet was a blast...definately the highlight of the day for me & one or two others.....dare I suggest another unnoficial convoy?

It was a superb sight and turned lots of heads, including a somewhat confused 75 driver who dropped into the convoy for a while then took off at warp factor 4.

:group:

Rich 7th July 2007 17:33

I'll be on the M6 Northbound for 90 odd miles between J24 and J40 :)

stocktake 7th July 2007 17:55

First class Idea, i'm up for that. Can we post a star date and quadrant to meet. We used to do that in the seventies on our lambrettas ...oops ..............wait for the comments now....

Jamie 7th July 2007 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 70987)
First class Idea, i'm up for that. Can we post a star date and quadrant to meet. We used to do that in the seventies on our lambrettas ...oops ..............wait for the comments now....

Lambretta! ...cough cough.....choke. ;)

Looks like we have a convoy chaps.

ColinB 7th July 2007 22:30

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of june
In a kenworth pullin logs
Cab-over pete with a reefer on
And a jimmy haulin hogs
We is headin for bear on i-one-oh
bout a mile outta shaky town
I says, pig pen, this heres the rubber duck.
And Im about to put the hammer down.

windrush 8th July 2007 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinB (Post 71035)
Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of june
In a kenworth pullin logs
Cab-over pete with a reefer on
And a jimmy haulin hogs
We is headin for bear on i-one-oh
bout a mile outta shaky town
I says, pig pen, this heres the rubber duck.
And Im about to put the hammer down.

Ah those good old days of CB before it was legal ten four

Keith 9th July 2007 16:14

Jamie I am up for it again but in a somewhat slower car but I will have cruise control so no accidental increases in planned speed this time ;)

Still a bit of a long way off to plan anything definite yet though.
Perhaps there should be two? One for those overnighting and one for those travelling up on the day, I will be doing the latter.

As before this will be an unofficial gathering, nothing to do with the actual meet or club etc.

Jamie 9th July 2007 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 71309)
Jamie I am up for it again but in a somewhat slower car but I will have cruise control so no accidental increases in planned speed this time ;)

Still a bit of a long way off to plan anything definite yet though.
Perhaps there should be two? One for those overnighting and one for those travelling up on the day, I will be doing the latter.

As before this will be an unofficial gathering, nothing to do with the actual meet or club etc.

Thats great Keith...I was hoping you would be on board again....last convoy although not fast (65mph) was a little too fast for others to catch up...plus a slower moving convoy creates a bigger spectacle (?) maybe just under 60mph this time....just above HGV speed?

ten four. :D

The Yellow Peril 9th July 2007 23:19

Convoy

Count me and the good lady in too, I had great fun as "Tail end Johnny" on the last run out, but given the state of my car (unless I can afford to get it fixed by September) 65 MPH is about all I'll get out of it. I'm also thinking about bringing my Ski Blue 05 2.0CDT as well.

More details as and when

Andrew

Rich 10th July 2007 19:32

Isn't 56MPH the best speed for the best MPG (roughly of course!)?

Agreed with the slower convoy standing out a mile though Jamie :D