The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The North East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Durham MG Club Show (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259795)

Fusilier 8th January 2017 18:30

Durham MG Club Show

This event is happening on Sunday 14 May and will be the along the same lines as the 2016 show, and the event is being held at Chester Le Street, Riverside Park, and entry will be free to all exhibitors on the day. The venue is a very nice area, and by the River Wear, and opposite the Durham County Cricket stadium

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.85.../data=!3m1!1e3

The plan would be for us all to meet on the southbound Services at Washington at around 0930 hrs and depart at approx. 0945 hrs and then travel the 2 miles to the venue.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show last year, and it was a good turnout with over 300+ in attendance

If you would like to attend, then all I need is the total numbers attending a couple of days before the show, so that they can allocated the appropriate space for our club stand

Attendance List:

Bob M
Freebyrd
Fusilier
Goodmojo
KC13661 and Linda
Lynch1d
Monty1
Rikki
Royoftherovers
SSizefive
Ziggy72

Regards

Stuart

ziggy72 9th January 2017 09:03

Can you put me down for this one please Stu as it was excellent last year.

Fusilier 12th January 2017 11:54

Durham MG Club

1 Attachment(s)
For those wishing to attend the Durham MG Club Show at Chester-Le-Street, then can I please ask you to complete the attached form and send it either to the address below, or alternatively send me the details on the form, and I will send them all off in one batch to Durham MG Club

Many thanks

Stuart

ssizefive 18th January 2017 06:04

Can you add me to this one please Stu, had a great day last year.
Is the attached entry form still valid as it has last years date on it?

Thanks
Steve.

Fusilier 18th January 2017 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2433211)
Can you add me to this one please Stu, had a great day last year.
Is the attached entry form still valid as it has last years date on it?

Thanks
Steve.

Steve

That is the form they have up on website, so if you send me your details I will complete form

Stu

ssizefive 19th January 2017 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2433326)
Steve

That is the form they have up on website, so if you send me your details I will complete form

Stu

Thanks Stu, pm sent.

Steve.

good_mojo 28th January 2017 16:22

I aim to be there. PM sent.

Fusilier 4th April 2017 18:17

Durham MG Club Show - Chester Le Street

This event is fast approaching, and we had around 20 members attending last year, and I believe that we had a very good day out at the show, which is free to enter, all you need to do is send me the details and I can complete your form and hand it over and of course collect tickets, and hand them out to members attending

This is the event from last year

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=236357

So if any more members would like to attend that can they let me know with their details no later than 10 May, so that I can pass the entries to Durham

The event takes place at

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.85...7i13312!8i6656

Many thanks

Stu

Fusilier 16th April 2017 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2471613)
This event is fast approaching, and we had around 20 members attending last year, and I believe that we had a very good day out at the show, which is free to enter, all you need to do is send me the details and I can complete your form and hand it over and of course collect tickets, and hand them out to members attending

This is the event from last year

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=236357

So if any more members would like to attend that can they let me know with their details no later than 10 May, so that I can pass the entries to Durham

The event takes place at

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.85...7i13312!8i6656

Many thanks

Stu

Just a quick bump for this event as I will need to submit tickets on 10 May

Stu

Rikki 16th April 2017 17:22

I may be able to attend this one :) The daughter is racing in the Durham Regatta - if she is racing on the Saturday I will have Sunday free, so put me down as a definite maybe :)

Fusilier 16th April 2017 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2477743)
I may be able to attend this one :) The daughter is racing in the Durham Regatta - if she is racing on the Saturday I will have Sunday free, so put me down as a definite maybe :)

Rikki

You will need to complete the form or just PM me with the details, and will fill in form and hand it into Durham MG Club next month when I attend

Stu

kc13661 19th April 2017 06:27

Can you put me and Linda down to attend this, we will try our hardest to attend. Have downloaded the form

Thanks

Fusilier 19th April 2017 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc13661 (Post 2479163)
Can you put me and Linda down to attend this, we will try our hardest to attend. Have downloaded the form

Thanks

Keith

Thanks and added to list, and got your PM and replied

Stu

lynch1d 24th April 2017 21:54

Can you add me to the list please

monty1 25th April 2017 03:35

me aswell i should be ok for this one

Fusilier 25th April 2017 17:14

Durham MG Club

Dave/Tony

Added to the list, but can you send me the details which are on the form (Post #3), as I need to fill in a form to get your tickets

Regards

Stu

royoftherovers 25th April 2017 21:56

durham mg show

please put me on list to go :}

kc13661 30th April 2017 05:06

Sadly once again work puts a spoiler on things, I have to go to Amsterdam for several days so won't be able to attend. At this point I am not sure if Linda will attend

Fusilier 2nd May 2017 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by royoftherovers (Post 2482664)
please put me on list to go :}

Keith

Added to the list, can you send me your details as per post #1, and I will fill in form and get tickets from Durham MG Club at next meet club night, next Wed

Stu

Fusilier 2nd May 2017 18:29

Durham MG Club

Last call for Durham MG Club for those wanting to attend. I need to send off forms by tomorrow, and will not be able to get anymore tickets after that date, and will be collecting the tickets at the next Durham MG Club Night

If you do wish to attend then can you please PM me your details as per the form, and I will complete and send off tomorrow

Many thanks

Stu

Fusilier 3rd May 2017 16:36

Durham MG Club

I have got all the details for forms and completed them and sent them off on way home this evening, and will be collecting tickets next Wednesday at Durham MG Clun night

The plan will be to all meet up at the Services at Washington (South Bound),

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.89...7i13312!8i6656

at 0915 hrs on Sunday 14 May, and depart at 0930 hrs.

I will then pass on tickets to each member and then we can drive the three of so miles to Riverside park in Chester Le Street, park up, as a group and enjoy the show

There is expected to be around 400+ cars in attendance, and it will be a variety of different marques of cars on display

I have asked the club for a dozen tickets, so that will leave us three spare tickets, which can be issued on a first come first served basis

Stu

Freebyrd 9th May 2017 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2486551)
I have got all the details for forms and completed them and sent them off on way home this evening, and will be collecting tickets next Wednesday at Durham MG Clun night

The plan will be to all meet up at the Services at Washington (South Bound),

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.89...7i13312!8i6656

at 0915 hrs on Sunday 14 May, and depart at 0930 hrs.

I will then pass on tickets to each member and then we can drive the three of so miles to Riverside park in Chester Le Street, park up, as a group and enjoy the show

There is expected to be around 400+ cars in attendance, and it will be a variety of different marques of cars on display

I have asked the club for a dozen tickets, so that will leave us three spare tickets, which can be issued on a first come first served basis

Stu

PM sent Stu.

Fusilier 9th May 2017 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebyrd (Post 2489756)
PM sent Stu.

Brian

and replied

stu

Rikki 9th May 2017 15:38

Just to confirm what I told Stu in another thread.. you will most probably have myself and my young lad drop by, the car is in no fit state to be shown on a club stand- terrible paint work, filthy interior and badly mismatched paint on the front Bumper. - It is very much at the start of a work in progress:getmecoat:.

If it had just been a 75&ZT meet I would have "officially" joined you all, but with other MG clubs there I don't want to bring the club stand down :duh:

However I would like to meet you all and get to know some other local members so me and the boy will probably drive up and come and join you as visitors

Fusilier 9th May 2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2489822)
Just to confirm what I told Stu in another thread.. you will most probably have myself and my young lad drop by, the car is in no fit state to be shown on a club stand- terrible paint work, filthy interior and badly mismatched paint on the front Bumper. - It is very much at the start of a work in progress:getmecoat:.

If it had just been a 75&ZT meet I would have "officially" joined you all, but with other MG clubs there I don't want to bring the club stand down :duh:

However I would like to meet you all and get to know some other local members so me and the boy will probably drive up and come and join you as visitors

Rikki

Looking forward to meeting you, and we should all be parked together on the club stand. With me being a member of Durham MG Club, we will get a space at the front of the show, which is nice, as everybody will get to see the cars on show

Stu

monty1 9th May 2017 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2489822)

mate you want to bring it over and we can give the bodywork a going at, done mine today so we have time to do yours, ive got some poorboys blackhole so that will do a nice job on your car, you going in the mg on sunday yeah ?, we can convoy :}

mines in no fit state yet either

Rikki 9th May 2017 19:17

Not got any time mate, stuffed with work atm, apart from tomorrow afternoon, and that's my weekly "Club" session - besides with the best will in the world we wont be able to buff the mismatched front bumper :) , If you want to run up on Sunday we could run together (strength in numbers ) , I could meet you at the Shell garage about 9?

monty1 9th May 2017 19:27

think we will need to meet up with the others to get the tickets, i could come get your car thursday morning pal, i could give it a polish for you, no big deal ive got plenty of time on my hands :}

Rikki 9th May 2017 20:33

Even with a polish mate, with the mismatched bumper and grubby interior I wouldn't want it on the club stand, but that's a very kind offer. You run up and meet the others and I will trundle up and say hello at some point.

Fusilier 10th May 2017 17:18

Well I am going to Durham MG Club monthly meet tonight, and will be picking up tickets ready for Sunday

Stu

Fusilier 10th May 2017 20:42

Durham MG Club

I have collected the tickets for the Durham MG Club show on Sunday, and have managed to scrounge a couple of spares, so if anybody else would like to attend, then all you need to do is let me know, first come first served) turn up at the meeting place (South Bound Washington Services) at no later than 0930 hrs, and I will give you a ticket.

You will also need a pen to add your VRN onto the ticket at the services before we go to the show

Looking forward to see you all on Sunday

Stu

Fusilier 12th May 2017 12:18

Durham MG Club

Just as a final bump, that I have got two spare tickets (one per car), so if any member would like to attend on Sunday, then they are more than welcome to use one of the two tickets I have left, all they need to do is let me know, and then turn up at our final meeting place on Sunday before travelling to the show 3 miles down the road from Washing Services on A1

Stu

Rikki 12th May 2017 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2491177)
Just as a final bump, that I have got two spare tickets (one per car), so if any member would like to attend on Sunday, then they are more than welcome to use one of the two tickets I have left, all they need to do is let me know, and then turn up at our final meeting place on Sunday before travelling to the show 3 miles down the road from Washing Services on A1

Stu

Change of plan again Stu, the exterior is looking somewhat better , thanks to Monty1, so if I may can I join you at Washington. Will be bringing my young lad with me ..... pretty please, sorry to muck you about

Fusilier 12th May 2017 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2491218)
Change of plan again Stu, the exterior is looking somewhat better , thanks to Monty1, so if I may can I join you at Washington. Will be bringing my young lad with me ..... pretty please, sorry to muck you about

Rikki

No problem whatsoever, see you Sunday

One ticket left if anybody wants it

Stu

monty1 12th May 2017 17:05

were we meeting again stu

Rikki 12th May 2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty1 (Post 2491286)

Just follow me Tony.. :) easiest route is A19>A184> A194(M) that drops us onto the Southbound services , otherwise it A19>A689>A1> past the services and do a U turn at the first Junction

monty1 12th May 2017 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2491289)
Just follow me Tony.. :)

will do, reckon we need to leave about 7.45

Fusilier 12th May 2017 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty1 (Post 2491286)

Monty

Here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.89.../data=!3m1!1e3

Southbound Services Washington, and plan to depart at around 0930 hrs

Stu

Rikki 12th May 2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty1 (Post 2491291)
will do, reckon we need to leave about 7.45

8 am should do, and still gives us some leeway, its probably an hour from here ... barring any problems we should have time for a coffee at Washington You want to meet up at the Shell garage in Eston? as I will need to call in there for some juice

monty1 12th May 2017 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2491295)
8 am should do, and still gives us some leeway, its probably an hour from here ... barring any problems we should have time for a coffee at Washington You want to meet up at the Shell garage in Eston? as I will need to call in there for some juice

yeah thats a plan, your car looks good mate, i cant comment as i dont have permission

Rikki 12th May 2017 18:10

Photo's came out well considering its from the phone, We are lucky to have such a great location on our door step. As you say we will have to get both up there at some point for a couple shots

Fusilier 13th May 2017 08:15

Durham MG Club

Looking forward to the show tomorrow at Riverside Park, Chester-Le-Street, and as a final bump, have got one ticket left for anybody who want it. Also

Might spent a bit of time throwing an oily rag over the Blue ZT today, ready for tomorrow, and give the interior a quick wipe over !!!

:getmecoat::D:getmecoat:

Stu

Freebyrd 13th May 2017 09:11

Chucking it down here so no car wash today:o. Booked into Travelodge Washington Services for the night, gives a knock on the window if I sleep in tomorrow:D.

monty1 13th May 2017 09:32

Might spent a bit of time throwing an oily rag over the Blue ZT today, ready for tomorrow, and give the interior a quick wipe over !!!

:getmecoat::D:getmecoat:

Stu[/QUOTE]

yeah me aswell inside to do

Rikki 13th May 2017 09:35

LOl.. after having a decent car yesterday, the local bird population seems to think its the local dumping ground - went out this morning to see the "deposits" they have kindly left me- not going to bother getting them off today as pretty sure they will be back before tomorrow, so will have to get up a bit earlier and throw a bucket of water over it !:mad::mad:

The interior is little going to just get a dust over, as it needs a deep valet going to put a small card in the window simply saying "New ownership- work in progress !

Fusilier 13th May 2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2491566)
LOl.. after having a decent car yesterday, the local bird population seems to think its the local dumping ground - went out this morning to see the "deposits" they have kindly left me- not going to bother getting them off today as pretty sure they will be back before tomorrow, so will have to get up a bit earlier and throw a bucket of water over it !:mad::mad:

The interior is little going to just get a dust over, as it needs a deep valet going to put a small card in the window simply saying "New ownership- work in progress !

Rikki

Good idea about the car, but to be honest, don't worry about it, as I can assure you that there will be a good few cars which are no where near as good as yours

I am sick to death of the birds bombing on my car, I think I need to get an eagle of something like that to keep them away

See you tomorrow, and very much looking forward to the show

Stu

lynch1d 13th May 2017 20:21

My clutch went today, second meet in a row I've missed due to mechanical problems, really gutted, cars fixed but it's absolutely minging, I really hope I get to the next one, hope you all have a great day

Rikki 13th May 2017 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynch1d (Post 2491841)
My clutch went today, second meet in a row I've missed due to mechanical problems, really gutted, cars fixed but it's absolutely minging, I really hope I get to the next one, hope you all have a great day

It cant be as bad as mine, so come any way and park next to me, and mine will make your look good :)

ssizefive 14th May 2017 04:14

Really pleased I spent nearly 10 mins cleaning the car yesterday, just looked out of the window and it is raining :duh:

Steve.

monty1 14th May 2017 04:22

here aswell lol

Rikki 14th May 2017 06:37

At least the rain may wash the bird deposits off :getmecoat::getmecoat::p:

willshot 14th May 2017 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2491962)
Really pleased I spent nearly 10 mins cleaning the car yesterday, just looked out of the window and it is raining :duh:

Steve.

Blimey Steve that long.:eek::eek:

I hope it brightens up for you guys today. We'e on a run out of Hull with the MGCC and are hoping for an improvement in the weather.:}:}:}

Fusilier 14th May 2017 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2491970)
At least the rain may wash the bird deposits off :getmecoat::getmecoat::p:

Rain should just run off the car, when driving up to Washington services, and will give it a very quick wipe over when we get there

Leaving in about 10 minutes to go to Washington, so see you all there

Stu

Fusilier 14th May 2017 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynch1d (Post 2491841)

Dave

Great shame but you could take car and give it a wipe over when we arrive at the venue, shouldn't take long, but your decision

Hopefully see you at next meet

Stu

Fusilier 14th May 2017 16:49

Durham MG Club

Thanks again to all those that supported the event at Chester Le Street, although not as many cars as last year, still had a great day, but caught too much sun, but well worth attending, great venue, and even better company, and nice to meet quite a few new members.

and a special thanks to both SSizefive and Freebyrd who travelled a distance to attend, and hope that it was worth it

Some very nice cars in attendance and worthy winners from other marques, and ours were as good as any other make in attendance, so thanks again to all that supported it, greatly appreciated

Hopefully some members took some photo's, as I was quite busy doing other things for Durham MG Club

Thanks again

Stu

good_mojo 14th May 2017 16:56

tomato nose

It was a very good show with plenty of well presented cars. There were some stunning vehicles but I did not take any pictures so I've nothing to upload.

I enjoyed meeting club members old and new.

I kept covered up and wore a hat, but my face has caught the sun and my nose is shining like a big red tomato!

Rikki 14th May 2017 16:59

Me and the Lad thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, many thanks for everyones help with the small starting issue :( came back via a very long route to ensure the battery got a good charge

some pics didn't take very many I am afraid too busy chatting
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88bf7a6494.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88bf76e046.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88bf7d8173.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c1e4b144.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c1dcee86.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c41a47b5.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c416dcaa.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c41390e9.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c5c4919b.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c5c1d26b.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c5bdb922.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...88c6a5601e.jpg

ssizefive 14th May 2017 17:16

Had a great time today, some stunning cars on display. Thanks to Stu for arranging things for us.

Steve.

ssizefive 14th May 2017 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshot (Post 2491973)
Blimey Steve that long.:eek::eek:

I hope it brightens up for you guys today. We'e on a run out of Hull with the MGCC and are hoping for an improvement in the weather.:}:}:}

Hope you didn't get the TF wet!! :D

Steve.

ssizefive 14th May 2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by good_mojo (Post 2492199)
It was a very good show with plenty of well presented cars. There were some stunning vehicles but I did not take any pictures so I've nothing to upload.

I enjoyed meeting club members old and new.

I kept covered up and wore a hat, but my face has caught the sun and my nose is shining like a big red tomato!

I remembered the suncream this time :}

Steve.

Rikki 14th May 2017 17:39

Is wondering how difficult it would be to put in a split charger and a leisure battery in the boot for the lads tablet :)... will check the battery voltage over the next few days just in case it is knacker... err failing ;) as I cant see using a tablet for a couple hours should have drained it that quick

Freebyrd 14th May 2017 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki (Post 2492223)
Is wondering how difficult it would be to put in a split charger and a leisure battery in the boot for the lads tablet :)... will check the battery voltage over the next few days just in case it is knacker... err failing ;) as I cant see using a tablet for a couple hours should have drained it that quick

Good to meet you today at the Durham show. I would check battery and alternator first. The tablet shouldn't flatten the battery so quickly.

Rikki 14th May 2017 17:51

Yup, I agree the leisure battery idea was somewhat in jest :) .. although not a totally bad idea !

willshot 14th May 2017 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2492217)
Hope you didn't get the TF wet!! :D

Steve.

It got very wet on the way to Hull but I let it dry naturally in the sun in case the paint came off on my cloth.:D:D:D:D:D

Will

myfirstrover 14th May 2017 20:50

Looked like I missed a very good day out , sadly just got too much going on at the moment , hope you all didn't get too sunburnt !