The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prewiring (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298064)

donc 3rd August 2019 18:19

Prewiring

I thought all 75s were prewired to take accessories but it appears not so with my 2005 1.8t contemporary. There is no provision to fit parking sensors so it looks like buying a kit from e bay. I understand they are cheaper anyway.

suzublu 3rd August 2019 18:29

A lot of wiring was deleted during project drive, so later cars had nowt, or very little:shrug: First mod I did was fit a Cisbo reversing kit from EBay, 10 years ago & still working:bowdown: The inside of the rear bumper is pre-marked for the holes so a doddle to fit:cool:

clf 3rd August 2019 18:43

I fitted two sets of THESE to friends' cars. You can pay a couple of extra quid and get the coloured ones, or paint these to match.

Took me an hour and a half to fit. One hour was to find the level! The drive has a slope, and it was on a Suzuki Grand Vitara, which has no symmetry on its rear, even the horizontal surface of the rear bumper is neither flat nor symmetrical! lol. On our cars there are apparently marks on the inside of the rear bumper, so drill a small pilot hole from the rear with the bumper off, and this will give you the starting points (if removing the bumper, also remove the rear lights before, as they can be damaged on bumper removal).

macafee2 3rd August 2019 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2752432)
A lot of wiring was deleted during project drive, so later cars had nowt, or very little:shrug: First mod I did was fit a Cisbo reversing kit from EBay, 10 years ago & still working:bowdown: The inside of the rear bumper is pre-marked for the holes so a doddle to fit:cool:

my 56 plate seems to have had it all

macafee2

suzublu 3rd August 2019 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2752438)
my 56 plate seems to have had it all

macafee2

I think near the end they were putting anything left on the cars Ian:D Yours must be one of those:cool:

macafee2 3rd August 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2752442)
I think near the end they were putting anything left on the cars Ian:D Yours must be one of those:cool:

:D they forgot the sun roof:D

That is the one thing I wish my car had.

macafee2

Falcon Flyer 4th August 2019 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2752445)
:D they forgot the sun roof:D

That is the one thing I wish my car had.

macafee2

It can be done ;-)

donc 4th August 2019 06:48

Prewiring

Would also like sunroof but thought it megga difficult. Any suggestions?

gnu 4th August 2019 07:06

I'm happy not to have one, as cars I've had them on tended to start to leak as the car got older. I never opened them anyway. :getmecoat:

macafee2 4th August 2019 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by donc (Post 2752524)
Would also like sunroof but thought it megga difficult. Any suggestions?

1. replace roof with roof that has a factory fitted sunroof, this has I think been done

2. have one fitted, I think this too has been done perhaps by someone on the forum but it was £1,500 believe

macafee2