The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   retrofitting cc in petrol 2.5 auto (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=114015)

Teddy 16th May 2012 17:55

retrofitting cc in petrol 2.5 auto

Can somebody tell me how to fit the actuator under the bonnet? Can't finding something in HowTo. Maybe with some pictures?
Many thanks

Gerard

Greeners 17th May 2012 08:16

it sits on a small bracket with three screws on the throttle body

Teddy 17th May 2012 10:03

Thanks, only, there are 2 parts and a long rubber pipe?

wutang 17th May 2012 10:06

Have you fitted all the other components for cruise? it is quite a complicated system on the V6.

The actuator is vacume operated and sits on a bractet to the left hand side of the throtle body, you do need a cruise throtle body, I dont thing you can just bolt the actuator to a non cruise one.

Richard

Greeners 17th May 2012 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutang (Post 1005976)
Have you fitted all the other components for cruise? it is quite a complicated system on the V6.

The actuator is vacume operated and sits on a bractet to the left hand side of the throtle body, you do need a cruise throtle body, I dont thing you can just bolt the actuator to a non cruise one.

Richard

Throttle bodies are all the same, it's the mounting plate thats different, and that will bolt straight on.

wutang 17th May 2012 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeners (Post 1005979)
Throttle bodies are all the same, it's the mounting plate thats different, and that will bolt straight on.

on mine there is a second sprung cam that the cruise belows pull so that if you opperate the foot peddle it dose not force the belows with it, as far as I was aware this is not present on a non cc one. agreed the basic casting is the same though as I have a spare one with traction and cruise on the dinning room table at the moment as I am thinking of a traction retrofit.

for cruise on the V6 you need the acctuator, vacum pump, cruise ecu, cruise interface module, dash switch and steering wheel switches as well as the loom.

Richard

Lates 17th May 2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeners (Post 1005979)

Agreed, my 190 was a straight fit.

Greeners 17th May 2012 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutang (Post 1006074)
on mine there is a second sprung cam that the cruise belows pull so that if you opperate the foot peddle it dose not force the belows with it, as far as I was aware this is not present on a non cc one. agreed the basic casting is the same though as I have a spare one with traction and cruise on the dinning room table at the moment as I am thinking of a traction retrofit.

for cruise on the V6 you need the acctuator, vacum pump, cruise ecu, cruise interface module, dash switch and steering wheel switches as well as the loom.

Richard

As per Lates, I just bolted the bellows straight on with the extra plate.....

Teddy 17th May 2012 15:48

Right, actuator mounted, steering wheel controls mounted, main switch mounted, unit placed, just wondering there are 2 units for the cruise by the fusebox but only one is connected, what does the other? And finally the vacuumpomp connected to the loom but I can not find the place under the boot where to mount this one.

Greeners 17th May 2012 15:50

The vacuum pump goes on the inner wing just above the steering rack, it's held in with 2 bolts. Easiest way to reach is through the wheel arch