The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Project Drive - Illustrated (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34369)

suffolk boy 29th January 2016 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by milford man (Post 2207039)
If you ordered the strap thats what you would get. No bolt. Thats a seperate item.

A couple of years ago I ordered the strap and bolt from Rimmers.

Regards John

just as i thought:}

David Lawrence 29th January 2016 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by milford man (Post 2207039)
If you ordered the strap thats what you would get. No bolt. Thats a seperate item.

A couple of years ago I ordered the strap and bolt from Rimmers.

Regards John

What kind of bolt did they send you, long or short?

milford man 29th January 2016 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lawrence (Post 2207077)
What kind of bolt did they send you, long or short?

It was the long bolt as that has its own part number.

Regards John

EastPete 29th January 2016 13:43

The short bolt on my battery clamp (2005 car) does not really worry me - I just have to use a long extension bar on my 1/4 inch socket set to undo/tighten it. There are more important things in life to worry about !

Where I think it is worth trying to fit PPD equipment is in relation to the soundproofing and carpets - the earlier cars were definitely more refined. I am planning to add back some soundproofing to my late car, and possibly swap the boot and cabin carpets if suitable PPD donors can be found. A genuine wood dash is probably 'nice to have' as well - apart from these items, I am not going to fret over torpedo badges, covers for the seat belt mounts, handbrake grips etc. - life's too short !

Pete

suffolk boy 29th January 2016 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastPete (Post 2207193)
The short bolt on my battery clamp (2005 car) does not really worry me - I just have to use a long extension bar on my 1/4 inch socket set to undo/tighten it. There are more important things in life to worry about !

Where I think it is worth trying to fit PPD equipment is in relation to the soundproofing and carpets - the earlier cars were definitely more refined. I am planning to add back some soundproofing to my late car, and possibly swap the boot and cabin carpets if suitable PPD donors can be found. A genuine wood dash is probably 'nice to have' as well - apart from these items, I am not going to fret over torpedo badges, covers for the seat belt mounts, handbrake grips etc. - life's too short !

Pete

i agree with you.rover probally looked at this and decided that the amount of times this would be undone in the life of the car was small so the short bolt would suffice.the long one is only just that. a bolt but it does have a collar fitted to it to prevent it going right thro the tray underneath.so it must have a increased cost to it as opposed to the short version.having now fitted the long version i no which one i prefer for ease of use.but the same effect could be obtained by buying a cheap long one and counter locking two nuts on it.

also just found out the long bolt is in fact bmw item.no surprize there then

scoubix 27th February 2016 20:03

Interestingly, I saw a Tourer today, with VIN 237282, which had the plastic-type fake wood dash, even though from the 1st post on this thread it was supposed to have the real wood one. And I know for a fact that the dash hasn't been changed.
It also still has the circular spare wheel cover, even though it was supposed to have been deleted some time before.

Dragrad 30th March 2016 01:46

For information post #2 now amended.....

The files are too big :eek::eek:

SCP440 30th March 2016 06:35

I might have found another one yesterday, I removed my rear bumper on my ZTT and there were only 2 bolts under the plastic strip holding it on even though there were holes and captive nuts for 5.

No evidence of the other 3 ever being fitted as in the paint was not marked and the captive nuts needed a tap running down them before I could get a suitable bolt in the hole.

Steve

Kwippy1878 10th December 2016 20:22

Can some help me here , my ZT left the production line on the 7th December 2001 fitted with a symphony stereo,
Ok according to PPD date it should have diversity amp as not removed by PPD until the 10th .
But my car is in fact not fitted with a diversity amp, only asking as in process of retro fitting hi line:Ball::xmas-smiley-032::Holly1::smiley:

Jules 11th December 2016 12:00

Can you imagine if still in production now.............

It would just be a plank of wood with 4 wheels on.

And then they would project drive that into a plank of MDF :xmas-smiley-008: