The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   seat belt (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11613)

actros 9th November 2007 18:57

seat belt

Can anybody give me info on how to get into the seat belt tention as one of my seat belt is slow at going back some times don't go back at all:shrug:

Paranoid Carlos 9th November 2007 19:08

If you can wait mate, I have the same problem but I'm not going to strip anything till after the MOT next week, will pass on any tips next week :confused:

actros 9th November 2007 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Carlos (Post 104639)
If you can wait mate, I have the same problem but I'm not going to strip anything till after the MOT next week, will pass on any tips next week :confused:

Cheers mate:bowdown:

Simon 9th November 2007 19:24

Are we talking the front seatbelts here? As far as I'm aware the interior trim panel should just prise out of it's location. You should then be able to apply lubricant to the mechanism.

Alternatively I believe someone suggested trying furniture polish. Pull out the seatbelt to it's fullest extension and apply polish to both sides. Allow the belt to coil back and then pull out and re-apply if needed. The polish should help lubricate the mechanism. :)

Dave Goody 9th November 2007 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 104647)
Are we talking the front seatbelts here? As far as I'm aware the interior trim panel should just prise out of it's location. You should then be able to apply lubricant to the mechanism.

Alternatively I believe someone suggested trying furniture polish. Pull out the seatbelt to it's fullest extension and apply polish to both sides. Allow the belt to coil back and then pull out and re-apply if needed. The polish should help lubricate the mechanism. :)

This method will also make your suit nice and shiny as well:lol::lol::lol:

Mike 9th November 2007 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 104716)
This method will also make your suit nice and shiny as well:lol::lol::lol:

If it isn't already ;)

nisfo 10th November 2007 05:35

I had this problem, I removed the trim to find the auto adjuster had slipped out of its mount. I popped it back in and put everything back together, and now it works fine...

Greeners 10th November 2007 07:51

Bit of Mr Sheen on a duster works a treat

actros 10th November 2007 13:00

Quote:

Tryed your bit about the polish and it seamed to have worked will know better later when its had a bit of use.:lol:

rollsey1 9th January 2008 08:16

Quote:

I have had a problem with the front seat belt retracting slowly since I have had the car. Gave the furniture polish a go and I can confirm it works a beaut. If only I knew it was going to be that easy.
Have to say though the smell of the polish 1st thing hasn't helped the cough!
A great tip - thanks :)