The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What feature drives you mad! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264035)

coab 20th March 2017 17:03

What feature drives you mad!

On my beemer there is a little button under the rear plinth to open the boot. If I pull up and stop and get out of the car with the engine running I cant open the boot unless I leave the drivers door open. Fair enough I hear you say as someone could open my boot in traffic. But there is no boot release button in the car!:duh:

Rick-sta 20th March 2017 17:10

I can't really think of anything day to day that annoys me on our cars. I guess the only thing that's a bit inconvenient is that although in a saloon the rear seats fold down, they don't fold down very well or flat, and the centre seat belt gets in the way. And 1st gear is too short on a diesel.

Other than that, I think they did a good job convenience wise with our cars... until you have to do some mechanical work ;)

Sprinter 20th March 2017 17:20

Rear window de-mister.

I've spent more time switching it off than I ever spent turning it on in every other car I've ever owned. EVER!

solarsailor 20th March 2017 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinter (Post 2464237)
Rear window de-mister.

I've spent more time switching it off than I ever spent turning it on in every other car I've ever owned. EVER!

Not sure I find it particularly annoying, but the auto on temp is definitely set too high. Not sure if it can be altered, maybe one of the T4 gurus will know.

fandango151 20th March 2017 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsailor (Post 2464245)
Not sure I find it particularly annoying, but the auto on temp is definitely set too high. Not sure if it can be altered, maybe one of the T4 gurus will know.

Drove me mad in spring!

The software which isn't mentioned can remove the auto feature, which I did with no ill effects. Testbook cant. There are also values to set in the one not to be mentioned, maybe relating to temp but never dared to.

75driver 20th March 2017 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinter (Post 2464237)
Rear window de-mister.

I hate the way the merc doesn't have this. Sometimes I actually have to press the button to turn it on.
What a faff.😬😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simondi 20th March 2017 18:08

The reflection of the clock on the top of the windscreen. ( Apologies to anyone who hasn't noticed it - you will now:getmecoat:)

Ozjensen 20th March 2017 18:23

Totally agree about the rear window demister coming on so frequently - is there any way of disabling this 'feature'??

Thanks

Tony

Dallas 20th March 2017 18:26

1: Exterior Boot Release Handle. There isn't one.

2: Auto Stop Wipers. I want to see out of the windscreen when stationary at a junction or set of traffic lights when its raining.

3: ZT Cup Holders. Where are they? I have 2x pen holders, but only 1x cup holder. :shrug:

4: The Centre Console. Ash-tray location. Door-lock switch location. Cup holder design. The angle of the car stereo if using a DD screen.

5: Central Locking. One press unlock driver door only. :shrug:

6: The Large Wraparound ZT Front Bumper. How many times do we need to take the whole thing off to do the simplest of tasks.

All silly little things, but they do bug me from time to time.

Ravinder 20th March 2017 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2464271)
The reflection of the clock on the top of the windscreen. ( Apologies to anyone who hasn't noticed it - you will now:getmecoat:)

I have never ever noticed this. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow when I jump into the car....:eek::D