The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I alone on this one? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16298)

PYTHON2674 22nd February 2008 08:28

Am I alone on this one?

After recently purchasing my R75 Conny SE Tourer, I chose to get an auto box as SWMBO was finding the manual difficult in my Landrover.

The problem I have now is SWMBO is taking auto lessons and wants to practise and eventually drive MY car:rant:

Now I am not too sure about this one, think I might get her a little run around:D

Do many of you guys share the love of your life (car that is!!)?

Or am I alone on this one:getmecoat:

Carl

wicksy_64 22nd February 2008 08:48

Im with you on this one Carl. The trick is to make her terrified of damaging your car, even if she walks passed it, go and check the paint work. That way she will be scared of driving your pride and joy in case she scatches it. This tactic has worked for me, which is strange as her car cost more than mine!!

JohnDotCom 22nd February 2008 08:51

Get a Rover 200/25 Auto to wreck, sorry I mean Practicer in.
Nice size car and perfect for shopping trips. :D

PYTHON2674 22nd February 2008 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 149734)
Get a Rover 200/25 Auto to wreck, sorry I mean Practicer in.
Nice size car and perfect for shopping trips. :D

Cheers JDC,

I like your way of thinking;)

wicksy_64, I have done that with all my cars in the past, more so this one.However :wss: "It's Just a Car" :mad:

Per Ardua 22nd February 2008 09:13

SWMBO has driven the ZTT once and she didn't like it. Gearchange and clutch too heavy, it's too big (she always says that, nudge nudge wink wink) she sits too low etc.

She's been spoilt by her little Nissan Note - it's so easy to drive I think Mini BEngO could manage it! She doesn't seem to realise that it's a big sporty car that is a bit heavier to pilot than a little japanese runabout.

I don't mind though - it makes the ZTT mine! all mine!!! mwa-ha-ha-ha!!

PYTHON2674 22nd February 2008 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Ardua (Post 149744)
SWMBO has driven the ZTT once and she didn't like it. Gearchange and clutch too heavy, it's too big (she always says that, nudge nudge wink wink) she sits too low etc.

She's been spoilt by her little Nissan Note - it's so easy to drive I think Mini BEngO could manage it! She doesn't seem to realise that it's a big sporty car that is a bit heavier to pilot than a little japanese runabout.

I don't mind though - it makes the ZTT mine! all mine!!! mwa-ha-ha-ha!!

That's exactly what I am hoping!!!!:p:

David3807 22nd February 2008 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicksy_64 (Post 149732)
Im with you on this one Carl. The trick is to make her terrified of damaging your car, even if she walks passed it, go and check the paint work. That way she will be scared of driving your pride and joy in case she scatches it. This tactic has worked for me, which is strange as her car cost more than mine!!

Works for me as well :D:D:D:D

mykl 22nd February 2008 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicksy_64 (Post 149732)

I'm with you on this one wicksy_64.

SWMBO knows full well that if she so much as put a finger print on my ZT, I would need to hold a full post mortem and come up with a corrective action plan to prevent such occurances.....How sad is that!

So Carl you really just need to let SWMBO know how much......R75 Conny SE Tourer means to you. What a healthy interest you have, better that than gambling, drinking, loose women....................then again. :)

PYTHON2674 22nd February 2008 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykl (Post 149749)
better that than gambling, drinking, loose women....................then again. :)

So I can't have my cake and eat it? :D

Oh well, I will just stick to what I have :viking:

baxlin 22nd February 2008 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Ardua (Post 149744)
SWMBO has driven the ZTT (75 in my case) and she didn't like it. Gearchange and clutch too heavy, it's too big (she always says that, nudge nudge wink wink) she sits too low etc.

I don't mind though - it makes the ZTT (75) mine! all mine!!! mwa-ha-ha-ha!!

Ditto here, and I've not shown her how to raise the drivers seat.

Two comments - she loves being a passenger in the 75, so no problem there, and she has her Clio to run around town in, (and park it where SHE wants) and the Clio's big enough for her occasional M-Way trips. So we're both happy.

Oh, and as the Clio's a hatchback, it gets used for the Tip runs..............................