The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cowley cars spec/info (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295683)

Briodyjl01 11th May 2019 06:23

Cowley cars spec/info

Does anyone have any information on the cowley cars? As the build data doesn’t show up. I know of a cowley Connie se with a personal line interior and wondered if anyone could tell me what the spec of that would be and any information on the early cars. The one in particular was registered may 2000.
Thanks

Gate Keeper 11th May 2019 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2732933)
Does anyone have any information on the cowley cars? As the build data doesn’t show up. I know of a cowley Connie se with a personal line interior and wondered if anyone could tell me what the spec of that would be and any information on the early cars. The one in particular was registered may 2000.
Thanks

Drop a pm to Reebs. He has data records

Briodyjl01 11th May 2019 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2732934)
Drop a pm to Reebs. He has data records

Not going to lie lol, I was walking round town yesterday and saw a W plate raven black cowley 75. I spoke to the owner as we all do lol and noticed it had a personal line interior, 2.5 v6 auto and it was a Connie SE. The guy said it would fail on something small on its ect mot but I know it wouldn’t and said it’s not worth much at all so I handed him my number to ring me and I’ll buy it from him.

The only thing is I don’t know anything about the early cars and as it’s May 2000 I would say early!

Thanks

Gate Keeper 11th May 2019 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2732935)
Not going to lie lol, I was walking round town yesterday and saw a W plate raven black cowley 75. I spoke to the owner as we all do lol and noticed it had a personal line interior, 2.5 v6 auto and it was a Connie SE. The guy said it would fail on something small on its ect mot but I know it wouldn’t and said it’s not worth much at all so I handed him my number to ring me and I’ll buy it from him.

The only thing is I don’t know anything about the early cars and as it’s May 2000 I would say early!

Thanks

If you give the registration or vin to Reebs in a pm, he can tell you what you need to know. All the best with that. Out of interest, are you a mechanic or do you have the skills required to get it through its MOT? Early Cowley’s can be expensive to maintain and keep on the road.

Briodyjl01 11th May 2019 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2732940)
If you give the registration or vin to Reebs in a pm, he can tell you what you need to know. All the best with that. Out of interest, are you a mechanic or do you have the skills required to get it through its MOT? Early Cowley’s can be expensive to maintain and keep on the road.

I can do work on them yeah. I’m not a mechanic but I’ve done a full hnc in mechanical engineering and rebuilt my rover 100 and soo doing the same with my mk2 metro. If all I do is save it that’s the main thing. He’s had it for 15 years.

Gate Keeper 11th May 2019 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2732943)
I can do work on them yeah. I’m not a mechanic but I’ve done a full hnc in mechanical engineering and rebuilt my rover 100 and soo doing the same with my mk2 metro. If all I do is save it that’s the main thing. He’s had it for 15 years.

100% to you. Would you be interested in an S reg pre-launch Cowley in Zircon Silver, one owner for the past 18 years, in UK, 1.8 first registration Feb 1999. It’s currently sorned and it needs a reconditioned engine. I am not sure what the mechanical problems are or how much the owner is going to ask for it. but he would rather it went to an enthusiast who can maintain and repair it.

Dorchester2 11th May 2019 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2732940)
Early Cowley’s can be expensive to maintain and keep on the road.

What do you mean?
Why early Cowley's and not Longbridge ones?
Which parts?

I'm very interested if you can tell more on the question, because I'm the proud owner of a KV6 2.5 Connie (110k miles) built 1st July 1999 as it reads in my signature.
Thank you in advance.

Dorset Bob 11th May 2019 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2732933)
Thanks

This would appear to be a late Cowley car, as production of the Rover 75 ceased at that plant on the 5th July 2000.
Sadly, the actual build records for the late Cowley cars have been lost, so I doubt that Reebs will be able to help you.

General specification information can be found here.

However, SKS Disco can let you know the date that it came off the line, if you PM him the VIN.

Rogue 11th May 2019 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2732967)
What do you mean?
Which parts?

I'm very interested if you can tell more on the question, because I'm the proud owner of a KV6 2.5 Connie (110k miles) built 1st July 1999 as it reads in my signature.
Thank you in advance.

I'm not aware of any real issues that Cowleys suffer from that are unique to them.

Gate Keeper 11th May 2019 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2732967)
What do you mean?
Which parts?

Thank you in advance.

The OP asked about Cowley and not Longbridge. I can't comment on Longbridge. If you are looking for parts, you could try one of the forum traders.

Or take your pick from the online catalogue of MG Rover parts at Rimmers https://rimmerbros.com/Category--Rov...Parts--m-12749

There is also x-parts for original MG Rover parts. I had a look at their website but the link was not secure, so I have not copied it here.