The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Time to say goodbye to the cars (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293525)

AndyN01 2nd March 2019 09:46

Time to say goodbye to the cars

Hi all,

Sorry I've been missing from the forum for the past few weeks.

I've been trying to decide what to do with my 3 75's and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to strip them and scrap them.

I simply don't have the time, space, skills or passion to do the amount of work needed to make them roadworthy again.

So, if you need any bits and bobs get in touch.

The 3 are:

W Reg Cowley diesel conny saloon in Damson Red with Ash Gery leather and walnut dash. Much welding needed.

52 Plate diesel conny tourer in Zircon Silver with Ash Gery leather and walnut dash - the one with the immovable ball joint :mad:. Needs new sills.

04 Plate diesel club saloon in Midnight Blue with Ash Grey cloth. Decent car but deceased clutch release bearing.

All the best.

Andy.

simon.jane 2nd March 2019 10:01

I give the w reg a good home if its for free :D:getmecoat:

macafee2 2nd March 2019 10:07

how about putting them in the cars for sale section?

macafee2

grout20 2nd March 2019 10:12

Hi Andy

Is it worth keeping one of them and use the monies from the other two to get it back on the road?

I'm sure you've already thought of this option but thought I'd ask :shrug:

I'll think of / be asking for some bits in the near future I'm sure!

Cheers f'now

John

Bogbrush82 2nd March 2019 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2715953)
how about putting them in the cars for sale section?

macafee2

This. You'd probably get a better deal this way. :}

BigRuss 2nd March 2019 10:19

Sorry to hear that Andy but I do understand, a lot of our cars are reaching the end of their useful service life.
Without commiting a lot of time and unless you can do a lot of the necessary work yourself you need deep pockets to pay for someboby else to do the work.

Some may not like it but they are probably worth more in parts than as they are.

Russ

squire 2nd March 2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2715948)
Hi all,

Sorry I've been missing from the forum for the past few weeks.

I've been trying to decide what to do with my 3 75's and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to strip them and scrap them.

I simply don't have the time, space, skills or passion to do the amount of work needed to make them roadworthy again.

So, if you need any bits and bobs get in touch.

The 3 are:

W Reg Cowley diesel conny saloon in Damson Red with Ash Gery leather and walnut dash. Much welding needed.

52 Plate diesel conny tourer in Zircon Silver with Ash Gery leather and walnut dash - the one with the immovable ball joint :mad:. Needs new sills.

04 Plate diesel club saloon in Midnight Blue with Ash Grey cloth. Decent car but deceased clutch release bearing.

All the best.

Andy.

Hi Andy,
Sorry to read this sad news but quite understand. However, hope you'll still come to the Nano Meets you know you'll always be welcome, especially with your headlight polishing skills and valeting knowledge, even if you just want to come and enjoy the social side.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best.

Martyn

Mickyboy 2nd March 2019 12:51

Sorry to hear this Andy such a shame, I hope you don’t go too far from the forums though, you’ve always been a smashing bloke to deal with
Mick

Rogue 2nd March 2019 14:15

I might be interested in some of the Zircon panels if they are tidy? More specifically front wings and bumper.

jeremy 5th March 2019 09:03

Hi Russ did you see that I have sent you a message regarding a key fob repair? Jeremy