The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Looking for information on accesing the top rear Damper bolts on a tourer (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318220)

alanaslan 13th March 2022 10:46

Looking for information on accesing the top rear Damper bolts on a tourer

Morning all, The spice tourer has being playing me up over the past few weeks first we had the engine cut out. Plugging the OBD 2 reader it sayd the cam sensor was faulty. so sensor in hand went down to the daughters where she had broken down, replaced the cam sensor still the car would not start.
Checked everything and it came down to the ECU. So fitted new brain key pick up and changed the chip in the key. All was well last Sunday she hit a pot hole on the motorway rear nearside. The shock Absorber is nice and wet.
which brings me to question
1) is there an easy way to get at the top mounting bolts or is it a full boot trim strip out Remembering she is a tourer.
2) The heater blower fan has stopped working no fun in the current weather.
I am confused Where is the heater fan mounted and what is the best way to access it, she is an automatic so only two pedals.
any help in how best to do these jobs would be great. My health at the moment is not great and the mobility issues caused by my arthritis and from my back that I broke 20 years ago are not helping. HELP!!!!!!
many thanks in advance
Alan

Number 6 13th March 2022 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanaslan (Post 2924169)
Morning all, The spice tourer has being playing me up over the past few weeks first we had the engine cut out. Plugging the OBD 2 reader it sayd the cam sensor was faulty. so sensor in hand went down to the daughters where she had broken down, replaced the cam sensor still the car would not start.
Checked everything and it came down to the ECU. So fitted new brain key pick up and changed the chip in the key. All was well last Sunday she hit a pot hole on the motorway rear nearside. The shock Absorber is nice and wet.
which brings me to question
1) is there an easy way to get at the top mounting bolts or is it a full boot trim strip out Remembering she is a tourer.
2) The heater blower fan has stopped working no fun in the current weather.
I am confused Where is the heater fan mounted and what is the best way to access it, she is an automatic so only two pedals.
any help in how best to do these jobs would be great. My health at the moment is not great and the mobility issues caused by my arthritis and from my back that I broke 20 years ago are not helping. HELP!!!!!!
many thanks in advance
Alan

I can only tell you about the rear shocker, To get to it you do need to remove the side panel which is a P.I.T.A. You can then get to the upper mount support and the top shocker nut. I removed the mount with shocker attached and worked on the bench to swap it over onto the new mount.. Unless someone has an easier way:shrug:

KWIL 13th March 2022 13:06

The fan motor is on the right hand side of the centre console and access is from the driver's footwell alongside the pedals. Remove the cover and you should be able to see it, Bit of a s.. to remove I would guess.

macafee2 13th March 2022 15:58

if you need a How To, on how to strip out the rear panels to access damper bolts, pm me your email address

macafee2

trikey 13th March 2022 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2924181)
The fan motor is on the right hand side of the centre console and access is from the driver's footwell alongside the pedals. Remove the cover and you should be able to see it, Bit of a s.. to remove I would guess.

It is, requires the steering column to be disconnected in the footwell (One 13mm headed bolt) Once the column is out of the way, you can get yourself upside down in the footwell and remove the three bolts holding the fan into the heater casing.

Thank your lucky stars its an auto so there is no clutch pedal to remove as well!

AndyN01 14th March 2022 07:34

Here's a post from Arctic that should help with the shock mounting bolts.

It's actually about the sunroof drains but shows how to get the side panel out.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for....php?p=1050655

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your jobs.