The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Diesel Limousine (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291037)

tantallon 15th December 2018 21:37

Diesel Limousine

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-53-ROV...230?nav=SEARCH

derek v 16th December 2018 12:41

looks like it needs loads of TLC

chiron_myth 16th December 2018 18:10

Lovelly looking car, but I agree it does need work.

Pet hate when I see the words "Would suit enthusiast" - generally means more expense to come!

andymc 16th December 2018 21:31

Ok, let's play "find the fault" ...
The interior certainly needs a good valet at the very least - the O/S rear passenger door in particular looks a bit of a mess, and if it can't be cleaned up it'll be hard if not impossible to source any replacement trim.
Obviously the front bumper needs a lot of work (including a replacement towing eye cover), or possibly replacing altogether, and despite the rear parking sensors there's a scrape on the rear bumper too.
Although it's hard to tell from the photos, I'm fairly sure there's some rust at the bottom of the N/S rear door - again, that could be difficult to sort out.
Superficially, the "DTi" is missing from "CDTi", as is the badge from the boot plinth, as is the walnut cover of the passenger cupholder.
The driver's seat bolster is quite tired-looking, the handbrake is pretty high and both map pockets on the back of the front seats are partly ripped off.
I'm sure I've missed something, but that'll do for now!

Looking at the MOT history, it clearly hadn't been cherished in recent years, at any rate. Check out 2016 - who brings a car for MOT without even making sure that the windscreen wipers clear the screen? They're not exactly big-ticket items ... An advisory for brake pipe corrosion in 2014 is still there in 2018. The "not excessive" oil leak would definitely have to be investigated and resolved. Looking at the MOT dates, it probably changed hands in September 2012 (presumably having been given a fresh 12-month ticket to sell), but seems to have been given the bare minimum to get it through the test since then.

Hmm ... all that said, it could be rescued. Most of those faults wouldn't really put me off, tbh - the rear doors and bodywork would be the most important things to check out, and so long as they were fixable and there weren't any serious rust issues underneath I'd say most other things could be sorted out. It's a third or a quarter of the price of some other LWBs I've seen advertised, and at least there's no pretence of it being in pristine condition.

Anyone nearby care to look underneath it and see if tinworm is making an appearance, maybe have a look under the bonnet and under the boot floor? Just, um, for curiosity's sake, you understand ... :xmas-smiley-008:

Cable Tie 17th December 2018 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymc (Post 2694950)
Ok, let's play "find the fault" ...
The interior certainly needs a good valet at the very least - the O/S rear passenger door in particular looks a bit of a mess, and if it can't be cleaned up it'll be hard if not impossible to source any replacement trim.
Obviously the front bumper needs a lot of work (including a replacement towing eye cover), or possibly replacing altogether, and despite the rear parking sensors there's a scrape on the rear bumper too.
Although it's hard to tell from the photos, I'm fairly sure there's some rust at the bottom of the N/S rear door - again, that could be difficult to sort out.
Superficially, the "DTi" is missing from "CDTi", as is the badge from the boot plinth, as is the walnut cover of the passenger cupholder.
The driver's seat bolster is quite tired-looking, the handbrake is pretty high and both map pockets on the back of the front seats are partly ripped off.
I'm sure I've missed something, but that'll do for now!

Looking at the MOT history, it clearly hadn't been cherished in recent years, at any rate. Check out 2016 - who brings a car for MOT without even making sure that the windscreen wipers clear the screen? They're not exactly big-ticket items ... An advisory for brake pipe corrosion in 2014 is still there in 2018. The "not excessive" oil leak would definitely have to be investigated and resolved. Looking at the MOT dates, it probably changed hands in September 2012 (presumably having been given a fresh 12-month ticket to sell), but seems to have been given the bare minimum to get it through the test since then.

Hmm ... all that said, it could be rescued. Most of those faults wouldn't really put me off, tbh - the rear doors and bodywork would be the most important things to check out, and so long as they were fixable and there weren't any serious rust issues underneath I'd say most other things could be sorted out. It's a third or a quarter of the price of some other LWBs I've seen advertised, and at least there's no pretence of it being in pristine condition.

Anyone nearby care to look underneath it and see if tinworm is making an appearance, maybe have a look under the bonnet and under the boot floor? Just, um, for curiosity's sake, you understand ... :xmas-smiley-008:

Totally agree with your faultfinding but it’s a rare car in the most desirable drivetrain option in my opinion diesel auto mmmmm excellent choice and as for mot checks being of Lord Mayor status I don’t suppose he cared what it needed due to not paying for repairs himself let alone checking things just my opinion and not a criticism cheers

steve-45 17th December 2018 06:50

Do like the limo model, but not really practical for me as my current saloon already overhangs the pavement by 6 inches as my driveway is very short.

75v6 17th December 2018 21:33

seriously considering this one as I've been looking for a diesel limo for some time. Shame about the unloved condition, but as previously said, could be brought up to standard as long as the oil aint pouring out of the engine! Spent loads on my current diesel conny - anyone fancy a well looked after diesel manual with v8 bumper!? :icon_lol: Everything works except temp gauge atm, just need to order one up. Will post an add in the for sale if I decide on the limo!

bl52krz 17th December 2018 22:58

If it is so fast appreciating, as he describes it,.............why dosen’t he keep it himself?

75v6 17th December 2018 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2695256)
If it is so fast appreciating, as he describes it,.............why dosen’t he keep it himself?

These cars mess with your head! I just can't stand to see a limo in that unloved condition - can you!? It needs saving, to enjoy and keep it well maintained & a bit more loved!

Jim Jamieson 17th December 2018 23:28

Cmon guys, it’s a diesel Limo automatic with average mileage and average condition and it’s selling for only a grand.

What do you expect for that money even with a standard car.

This would make an ideal project car that has some providence being a former Lord Mayors’ personal car

All the trim parts mentioned can easily be replaced so why not snap it up and save it while you can.