The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   key fob (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301129)

simonmgzs 28th November 2019 06:17

key fob

hi all
both of my key fobs have failed on opening the car electronically but can open manually.
one on key fob it was working on monday ok but on tuesday nothing the red light does come on when pressing the buttons and that is all it does.

the second key fob does not illuminate the led even after changing the battery.

what do i need to look for and how to fix it

vitesse 28th November 2019 06:57

Try the re-sync procedure as detailed in your handbook first. A local owner found this unsuccessful but after detaching and briefly holding the main battery terminals together it then worked.

The 2nd fob with the non responsive red light sounds terminal in that one or both of the switches may have failed.

Another solution is to get a secondhand replacement and re-code into your BCU with Toaf. Seach the forum for more information.

Regards

marinabrian 28th November 2019 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2778445)
Try the re-sync procedure as detailed in your handbook first. A local owner found this unsuccessful but after detaching and briefly holding the main battery terminals together it then worked.

The 2nd fob with the non responsive red light sounds terminal in that one or both of the switches may have failed.

Another solution is to get a secondhand replacement and re-code into your BCU with Toaf. Seach the forum for more information.

Regards

OP has a T4, and I've replied to his PM ;)

One of his key remotes is faulty, the other is probably being compromised by having one of the switches pressed........normally the unlock button, after being refurbished with an aftermarket key case :cool:

Brian :D

vitesse 28th November 2019 08:12

OK Brian, but just out of general interest can a T4 reprogramme used boards as Toaf can?

Regards

marinabrian 28th November 2019 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2778454)
OK Brian, but just out of general interest can a T4 reprogramme used boards as Toaf can?

Regards

Yes it can Mike, I've managed well enough for many years after all ;)

vitesse 28th November 2019 09:27

For some reason my thanks doesn't appear - just have to do it the old fashioned way.

"Thanks"

Mike

simonmgzs 6th December 2019 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2778451)
OP has a T4, and I've replied to his PM ;)

One of his key remotes is faulty, the other is probably being compromised by having one of the switches pressed........normally the unlock button, after being refurbished with an aftermarket key case :cool:

hi brian
i have sent you a couple of pm's a couple of days ago not sure if you have got them or seen them

marinabrian 6th December 2019 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonmgzs (Post 2780019)
hi brian
i have sent you a couple of pm's a couple of days ago not sure if you have got them or seen them

I thought I'd replied Simon, sorry I don't have any remote PCB in stock, however I can generate the barcode for any secondhand ones you may have, or can get ;)