The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Vis Motors, Rebuilt by Byron Rowson. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314800)

Briodyjl01 19th August 2021 11:34

Vis Motors, Rebuilt by Byron Rowson.

Just got my rebuilt Vis motors back from Byron Rowson.

If you are unsure what to do with yours send them too him! V149 LOE has not driven like she does now for a long time. Well worth the £100 to get them done. Excellent service as well.

stocktake 19th August 2021 11:45

Or there are the ones I produce ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150234...57686253534575

vitesse 19th August 2021 11:46

And why should we go to the trouble of sending VIS motors off to someone unknown on here when we have our own resident VIS expert Stocktake? Dave has been on here since I believe the start and not only provides comprehensive answers to VIS motor related questions, but general questions too.

And what sort of guarantee did you receive from Byron Rowson? Stocktake will replace any of his motors which fail, and gives advice if you have any problems.

Would very much like to know if yours now have a Stocktake oil seal in the balance motor, uprated internal motors, improved balance circuit board etc

Still what do I know, I've only handled 100+ VIS motors from Dave to owners in Denmark, Sweden & Norway:}

Briodyjl01 19th August 2021 11:59

I didn’t know anyone on here did them…..

He is more prominent on the Facebook groups.

Briodyjl01 19th August 2021 12:00

How can I close this so I don’t take your business away from you?

I didn’t realise you did them. Apologises.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2896389)

stocktake 19th August 2021 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2896392)
How can I close this so I don’t take your business away from you?

I didn’t realise you did them. Apologises.

Don't be daft man, it's just a hobby :D, Sent you a PM. :)

Jamiewelch 19th August 2021 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2896391)
I didn’t know anyone on here did them…..

He is more prominent on the Facebook groups.

Need to be careful with him. He blocks anyone who says anything against his stuff on Facebook, so you can't ever see anything negative.

xsport 19th August 2021 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2896388)
Just got my rebuilt Vis motors back from Byron Rowson.

If you are unsure what to do with yours send them too him! V149 LOE has not driven like she does now for a long time. Well worth the £100 to get them done. Excellent service as well.

stocktakes the man for vis motors without doubt. i dont think anyone is capable of doing a better job. top man. ... ;)

macafee2 19th August 2021 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2896390)
And why should we go to the trouble of sending VIS motors off to someone unknown on here when we have our own resident VIS expert Stocktake? Dave has been on here since I believe the start and not only provides comprehensive answers to VIS motor related questions, but general questions too.

And what sort of guarantee did you receive from Byron Rowson? Stocktake will replace any of his motors which fail, and gives advice if you have any problems.

Would very much like to know if yours now have a Stocktake oil seal in the balance motor, uprated internal motors, improved balance circuit board etc

Still what do I know, I've only handled 100+ VIS motors from Dave to owners in Denmark, Sweden & Norway:}

ouch your opening few lines are a bit harsh. If a member is not aware that another members does a service and goes outside the forum and posts a recommendation, I dont think that is unreasonable or unfair to the other member

macafee2

vitesse 19th August 2021 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2896414)
ouch your opening few lines are a bit harsh. If a member is not aware that another members does a service and goes outside the forum and posts a recommendation, I dont think that is unreasonable or unfair to the other member

macafee2

Could be but as the poster has been on here since 25th May 2018 I consider it unlikely that he's never seen any VIS related posts by Stocktake or members who have recommended him. And what did I say that was harsh? Just a question of why go anywhere else, and pointing out that this guy Rowson was unknown on here, whereas Stocktake is extremely well know. Not my intention to come across as "harsh" just a statement of facts.

Regards