The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Car Insurance for a couple of months (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67797)

kully 30th August 2010 10:48

Car Insurance for a couple of months

Hello,

I've bought a car for my sister, and only need insurance for a couple of months whilst I do some work on it before giving it to her.

However, it seems I can only get insurance for a year...

Someone must have experience of this, any advise would be gratefully received.

cheers,
kully

muey 30th August 2010 11:23

Can you drive on your own third party or is it going to be in regular use ?
might be an idea to insure for the year and cancel wen not needed. If you do it by instalments you will pay an admin fee to cancel but all bases covered .
regards Mark

johnc54 30th August 2010 11:23

Try ecarinsurance.co.uk

kevin 30th August 2010 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kully (Post 581026)
Hello,

I've bought a car for my sister, and only need insurance for a couple of months whilst I do some work on it before giving it to her.

However, it seems I can only get insurance for a year...

Someone must have experience of this, any advise would be gratefully received.

cheers,
kully

give your insure a call they should cover it on temp cover.
think you have to put it in your name.
thats how I do it when I buy new car, then selling other car.

kully 30th August 2010 12:45

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The 'ecarinsurance.co.uk' can't seem to connect to the DVLA database for the quote, but I'll give my insurance company a ring tomorrow.

Joseph 30th August 2010 13:00

There are plenty of temporary cover insurers but they charge through the roof!

Tempcover is the one I hear mostly.

kully 30th August 2010 21:39

I got it sorted through Direct Line, I didn't know until Kevin said, but they allow me to add a 'temporary' car on for 30 days at a time for a maximum of 90 days per year. Of course, they charge a little money :-) but it's quite a bit less than those temporary insurance people.

Joseph 30th August 2010 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kully (Post 581393)
I got it sorted through Direct Line, I didn't know until Kevin said, but they allow me to add a 'temporary' car on for 30 days at a time for a maximum of 90 days per year. Of course, they charge a little money :-) but it's quite a bit less than those temporary insurance people.

I had no idea either! Glad you got it sorted.

kevin 31st August 2010 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kully (Post 581393)

over 2,000 posts and only now a helpfully one.:D:D