The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Womens'logic. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294225)

jackatesme 23rd March 2019 19:23

Womens'logic.

Some months ago the wife bought a nissan x trail,as she has trouble getting in and out of the 75.She can't drive so i'm her chauffeur.
Yesterday Nissan passed the M.O.T.
I suggested that she should pay for M.O.T. as it's her car.
Her reply "you drive it, so you should pay"
My reply "I only drive it to take you shopping for food."
Her reply "I only buy food to cook and feed you,your children and your g/children.
So i am paying.:D

planenut 23rd March 2019 19:29

..........and very generous of you too!

Framps 23rd March 2019 19:40

You will always lose

Sorry to say, you will never win

FLYING BANANA 24th March 2019 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Framps (Post 2721423)
Sorry to say, you will never win

I once said that to my late wife that "I could never win", her reply was, "but it's not a race".

gadget1960 24th March 2019 07:31

My wife pays for absolutely everything, This is mainly due to the fact that i am not allowed to have any money at all because apparently i waste it on cars and bikes and stuff that makes me happy!

MSS 24th March 2019 07:54

In Mrs MSS' eyes, I can do no wrong and she feels constantly grateful for my company (I believe).

Since I recently started having the time to drool over Jaguar XF's and MB CLS's, her comment everyday has bee "just go and get it, you've worked hard enough".

You people need to reestablish your authority.

:D;)

jackatesme 24th March 2019 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2721513)
In Mrs MSS' eyes, I can do no wrong and she feels constantly grateful for my company (I believe).

Since I recently started having the time to drool over Jaguar XF's and MB CLS's, her comment everyday has bee "just go and get it, you've worked hard enough".

You people need to reestablish your authority.

:D;)

You surely are, "one in a million".:D

macafee2 24th March 2019 14:49

She is your wife, so perhaps it should be one pot of money. The pot becomes our money not yours or mine.

Of course you need a partner that does not spend like viv Nicholson for this to work.

Wife has had access to my money from when we were dating, we now have joint accounts and joint credit cards. Neither justifies to the other what we spend our money on but the rule is, don't put us into debt. Works very well for us as neither goes silly

macafee2

wraymond 24th March 2019 16:48

I take care of each and every household expense by making a monthly DD transfer to Celia’s account as we have always done since 1963.

When she, finally, started getting her state pension it naturally was paid into her account. She now has a much healthier account than do I.

When the subject is tentatively raised just in passing conversation, like you do, I get that pitiful, I might even say scornful, maybe even withering, look. After a meaningful and curiously challenging pause comes the tragic ‘Riiight, after my funeral money now are you?’. Have to agree somehow it makes sense and I have no choice but to give in.

What beats me is how that lovely innocent charming young girl became able to so easily outdo this onetime hard-nosed financial consultant.

MSS 24th March 2019 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2721563)
You surely are, "one in a million".:D

That's what Mrs MSS says! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2721604)
She is your wife, so perhaps it should be one pot of money. The pot becomes our money not yours or mine.

Of course you need a partner that does not spend like viv Nicholson for this to work.

Wife has had access to my money from when we were dating, we now have joint accounts and joint credit cards. Neither justifies to the other what we spend our money on but the rule is, don't put us into debt. Works very well for us as neither goes silly

macafee2

This is how it's been in our household for the last 24 years, since about 2 weeks into our courtship. It works for us. In any case, I spend far more on toys.