The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   land rover (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=115444)

muey 2nd June 2012 08:53

land rover

Hi all.
Joanna has bought a freelander, so we joined the land rover club. It has the 2.0 bmw unit so i know a little about the engine (thanks guys) but nothing about land rovers. Another learning curve ! The forums there are similar to here, so navigating round the site was ok. Just like here, a lot of knowledge to be gained and a lot to be learnt i suppose ! wish us luck.
Regards Mark

jonno12 2nd June 2012 19:39

hi mark, we've had a freelander for 6 yrs now and were thinking of upgrading as it's a w reg, (not bmw) but we are quite attached to it and will be sorry to see it go:(they're a very versatile motor, especially for holidays, but it's that or the 75, OH GOD!!! DID I REALLY SAY THAT. now i know i'm going loopy:D

muey 3rd June 2012 11:05

hi jonno
we are in a position to be able to afford both so i can keep my pipe and slippers for now, just worried about Joanna with her deerstalke, babor coat and green wellies, if she starts drinkin gin and tonic, i will panic ! On a serious note, we are impressed with the freelander, its a lovely bus to drive and i now understand why 4x4s are popular. If you do upgrade yours, hope all goes well.
Regards Mark

gibbo103 3rd June 2012 12:30

Freelander

Congrats on getting a freelander. Whatever anyone says, they are great motors. I bough our last one new in 2003 and sold it last year to buy the ZT. Remember to change the breather filter if you don't know its been done as main dealers don't seem to change it as routine servicing. I always ran with steel wheels with 15" tyres for the winter and kept alloys for the Summer. I do have a spare set, but probably too far away from you! Remember to be careful opening the rear door as you need to allow time for the glass to drop.If you are fitting towing electrics, there is a dedicated socket tucked behind the rear trim and you don't seem to need any of the complicated can bus electrics like the ZT/75. All the best, Dave

MrDoodles 3rd June 2012 13:43

Freelander 1 or 2?

muey 4th June 2012 16:14

Thanks for the heads up Gibbo, already aware of the pcv (breather) so thats not a problem. Driven it a few times now, what it lacks in toys is more than made up for in the "nice " drive. Joanna loves it and its her car really so that makes me happy, she dislikes driving my 75 which also makes me happy too. Its a freelander 1, series 2 have spare wheel inside, this one has it on outside of the tailgate. Hope the love affair continues !
Regards Mark