The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2.0 V6 poor running after 30 seconds. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296877)

the dutch guy 24th June 2019 08:43

2.0 V6 poor running after 30 seconds.

Hello guys.

I had a issue with misfires, replaced the pack on nr.2 and replaced all the spark plugs with the proper stuff. (they were about 100k miles beyond their lifespan:duh:)

now it runs perfectly when cold...for 30 seconds.
after that time (its basically clockwork) the ECU seems to switch to a different program and it runs like a wet rag after that.

no errors on the dash, i plan on going to a T4 this week and hope if they see a error but the dash has not given any error so far.

i had a simmiar behaviour with a previous car but that was due to a lambda sensor that had a failed heater. but that one only did that when cold, once the exaust heated up it ran normally.

any idea what can cause this behaviour?

edit: read the codes, none were present.

Yorkshire GOC 24th June 2019 16:40

Faulty or failing crank sensor prior to complete failure can give Uneven Acceleration/Engine Misfires once the sensor has warmed up . Obviously once the sensor fails completely then you wont be able to start her at all .:shrug:

p2roverman 24th June 2019 20:43

Have had a similar issue after only 2 seconds, now won't start. Done all? the checks including fitting a replacement crank sensor.
I'm waiting for a T4 but in the meantime have used a Pscan with no relevent fault codes showing.
Another thread suggested blocked air filter or collapse shannon tube, but this was renewed, however, it's something else to check

COLVERT 24th June 2019 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2roverman (Post 2743032)
Have had a similar issue after only 2 seconds, now won't start. Done all? the checks including fitting a replacement crank sensor.
I'm waiting for a T4 but in the meantime have used a Pscan with no relevent fault codes showing.
Another thread suggested blocked air filter or collapse shannon tube, but this was renewed, however, it's something else to check

Which car ??---:shrug:

COLVERT 24th June 2019 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by the dutch guy (Post 2742885)
Hello guys.

I had a issue with misfires, replaced the pack on nr.2 and replaced all the spark plugs with the proper stuff. (they were about 100k miles beyond their lifespan:duh:)

now it runs perfectly when cold...for 30 seconds.
after that time (its basically clockwork) the ECU seems to switch to a different program and it runs like a wet rag after that.

no errors on the dash, i plan on going to a T4 this week and hope if they see a error but the dash has not given any error so far.

i had a simmiar behaviour with a previous car but that was due to a lambda sensor that had a failed heater. but that one only did that when cold, once the exaust heated up it ran normally.

any idea what can cause this behaviour?

edit: read the codes, none were present.

Guess it depends what a wet rag sounds like when it's running.--:shrug:

Talking about wet rags-----how's your plenum chamber ???

:smilie_re:Go look. Might have fish in it.---:eek::eek::eek:

p2roverman 24th June 2019 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2743041)

KV6 2 litre

marinabrian 24th June 2019 22:24

Make sure all of the earths are connected on the coil packs ;)

Brian :D

SD1too 25th June 2019 09:34

Kv6 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2roverman (Post 2743032)
Have had a similar issue after only 2 seconds, now won't start. Done all? the checks ...

Does that include the fuel filter Mike?

Simon

the dutch guy 25th June 2019 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2743041)

alfa 156, serval versions. and before people start: everything that broke on those cars had a big honking BOSCH MADE IN GERMANY printed on them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2743043)
Guess it depends what a wet rag sounds like when it's running.--:shrug:
Talking about wet rags-----how's your plenum chamber ???
Go look. Might have fish in it.

it sounds like its missing pots randomly and/or misfires and it seriously/uncomfortably jerks at sub 2500rpm.
plenum has a nice little "jingle" in it. i want to rip that apart and remove the valves once it runs properly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2743055)
Make sure all of the earths are connected on the coil packs ;)

they all have fixed (metal) connectors, how can i check this?

pletevl 25th June 2019 12:06

Following this.

I have a ZR K series that does this, starts fine, purrs away, then after 30 seconds, smells rich, lumpy tickover, and missfires under acceleration under 2500 rpm. above 2500 rpm and it's fine.
Once fully hot it runs fine, even below 2500 revs.
Baffled by it.

Pete.