The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Arrgh bulbs (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=111922)

Canon 24th April 2012 14:32

Arrgh bulbs

After struggling for over 10 minutes to replace a headlight bulb
I still couldn't get it done :(
I would love to have the designer he right now to punch up and down the road

carguy143 24th April 2012 14:33

I know the feeling! Changing a sidelight bulb is hard enough. In the end i removed the wiper bottle filler neck on one side, and unscrewed the engine bay fuse box to lift it out the way and just about managed to change the bulbs from above. It makes things a lot easier.

Rik.

Canon 24th April 2012 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguy143 (Post 986268)
I know the feeling! Changing a sidelight bulb is hard enough. In the end i removed the wiper bottle filler neck on one side, and unscrewed the engine bay fuse box to lift it out the way and just about managed to change the bulbs from above. It makes things a lot easier.

Rik.

Haha crazy innit, oh well ive calmed down now and took it round to scouserics
He changed it in less than 5 minutes :drool4:

lovema75 24th April 2012 16:38

I've just put new bulbs in while the front was off. No way I could get my hand in!

Terrorfex 24th April 2012 16:54

It's a wonderful design - enough room to see what you're doing or shove a hand in, but not both at the same time. I found I had to "memorise" the layout with my eyes and then grope around blindly with my fingers until I succeeded.

Involving quite a lot of tensing and sweating when I got to the bit involving trying to secure the new bulb in the clip without being able to see anything, and indeed having my head facing perpendicular to the wing to give me a few extra inches reach*.

*That is NOT a euphemism.

pab 24th April 2012 17:05

If you remove the inspection hatch in the wheel arch,it's easy enough.Shine a torch at the back of the lamp and study the arrangement of the clip,disconnect the wiring plug first and it's a one handed operation.

Canon 24th April 2012 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 986402)
If you remove the inspection hatch in the wheel arch,it's easy enough.Shine a torch at the back of the lamp and study the arrangement of the clip,disconnect the wiring plug first and it's a one handed operation.

Haha show off ;)

Johnny the Fox 24th April 2012 18:27

I used one of those inspection mirrors and a torch to assist me, although it would have been quicker to take the bumper off:}

Bob Williams 24th April 2012 18:34

I take mine to Halfords. I think they charge about £3.00 labour but they do so many the last time they changed an outer headlight bulb it took less than two minutes. And if they drop the screws into the body from the rear lights they just replace them free of charge!

ajo1979 24th April 2012 18:48

There's definitely a knack, it only fits one way with the "flatter" part of the bulb facing up. The taillight in the tourer is a shocker too.

Avoid the Halfords ultra brilliance.... they blow all too quickly and I had a fight with the manager to get them to replace one as there is no warranty on bulbs, only what is deemed fair usage, but at £20 each they should last longer than the four months they lasted in mine.