The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Chill Out Zone (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113018)

Lancpudn 10th February 2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2864535)
Hi all.

Been missing for a few days as stuff happened.

The stuff started with a call from my son saying he'd arrived home to find his wife lying on the floor with paralysis of all 4 limbs and no speech. 15 month Oliver toddling around her. He's waiting for the paramedics. :eek:.

So, throw clothes etc. in the car and off we go.

Car died completely on the A1 north of Wetherby services - fortunately where there's still a hard shoulder. Tow truck duly arrives and the 75 promptly fires up to get onto the cradle for the front wheels :duh:.

Towed off the A1 and swapped over to a flatbed at Scots Corner for the rest of the journey arriving at 2am. And yes, she fired up again to come off the flatbed and get parked up onto the drive :mad:.

Courtesy of a good mate on here (many thanks Rich :bowdown:) got in touch with Brian who came out on Saturday morning with the T4.

Eventually diagnosed as a flooded plenum (I was sure it was dry :o) and 'cus the guy is a legend he'd brought a replacement ECU with him. https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=310985

All fitted and coded in and hey presto off we go. And of course, a full health check done which revealed low boost pressure so there's some replacement O rings to be done.

With grateful thanks to my friends on here for their time, help and knowledge. You're genuinely good people.

And daughter in law is back at home, pretty much fully recovered from some sort of catatonic seizure.

Sometimes life throws curved balls and it's only with the selfless support folks with big hearts of that we can dodge them. :bowdown::bowdown:

Take care all.

WOW! :eek: what a stressful time & journey, Glad your DIL is OK. :}
Fantastic that Brian & Rich were able to sort you out.

Georgies Dad 10th February 2021 09:50

Great to read our members are helping out during these testing times

Well done to Brian and Rich for coming to the rescue

Top people :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

stevestrat 10th February 2021 11:07

Good afternoon. More snow overnight, went to the loo about 4am, glanced out the window, it was a full on blizzard! Going path clearing again, about 2" fell since I cleared them yesterday.

RPWC 10th February 2021 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2864535)
Hi all.

Been missing for a few days as stuff happened.

The stuff started with a call from my son saying he'd arrived home to find his wife lying on the floor with paralysis of all 4 limbs and no speech. 15 month Oliver toddling around her. He's waiting for the paramedics. :eek:.

So, throw clothes etc. in the car and off we go for babysitting duties.

Car died completely on the A1 north of Wetherby services - fortunately where there's still a hard shoulder. Tow truck duly arrives and the 75 promptly fires up to get onto the cradle for the front wheels :duh:.

Towed off the A1 and swapped over to a flatbed at Scots Corner for the rest of the journey arriving at 2am. And yes, she fired up again to come off the flatbed and get parked up onto the drive :mad:.

Courtesy of a good mate on here (many thanks Rich :bowdown:) got in touch with Brian who came out on Saturday morning with the T4.

Eventually diagnosed as a flooded plenum (I was sure it was dry :o) and 'cus the guy is a legend he'd brought a replacement ECU with him. https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=310985

All fitted and coded in and hey presto off we go. And of course, a full health check done which revealed low boost pressure so there's some replacement O rings to be done.

With grateful thanks to my friends on here for their time, help and knowledge. You're genuinely good people.

And daughter in law is back at home, pretty much fully recovered from some sort of catatonic seizure.

Sometimes life throws curved balls and it's only with the selfless support folks with big hearts of that we can dodge them. :bowdown::bowdown:

Take care all.

I wouldn’t say I helped that much Andy,other than passing on a phone number and giving Brian a quick heads up, he’s the one who is the hero of the hour,but glad to be able to contribute something for you,after all you helped me with an issue concerning my mum last year:bowdown:
;)

Rev Jules 10th February 2021 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2864527)
Hey leave some chat up lines for the rest of us :p::D :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/pceQVhywTu8Xm/giphy.gif

Yay! eat your heart out pudding, that's how us Southerners pull your Northern woman. :D:D:D

Rev.

RPWC 10th February 2021 13:11

Has someone else other than Gus V passed away? I see the banner is still in grey.
Someone needs to tell Reebs to update the in memorial list to add his name.

stevestrat 10th February 2021 13:27

Cleared the paths with neighbors assistance, filled the bird feeders. Thought there was a bit of a thaw on but snow is heaving it down again.

RPWC 10th February 2021 13:39

All the grit bins innour village were either empty or full of water and rubbish,the next village to the west is in a different county, they had 2 grit bins brim full within 200yards of each other,so I filled a couple of bags. That should see me through this winter and most of next.

reworht 10th February 2021 13:50

Afternoon all - missus and I are watching the sun and showers whilst sitting on the edge of our seats. Daughter was due to produce her first child on the 2nd February; as it hadn't appeared by the 9th (yesterday), she was induced - and sent home to wait for progress, with the 'treatment' taking 24 hours to have an effect; 24 hours later, i.e. mid-morning today - still no action, so she was back at the hospital. Kept her for a couple of hours and then sent her home to wait for developments.
Stick of dynamite next methinks :D

Lancpudn 10th February 2021 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2864581)
Cleared the paths with neighbors assistance, filled the bird feeders. Thought there was a bit of a thaw on but snow is heaving it down again.

I've just filled the bird feeder up again too, they must be really hunngry in this cold weather. the water butts on the greenhouses are solid ice, I've been skip dipping again & got some more 4x4 lengths of timber, My hands are frozen.