The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anybody still sell/service Android head units on here? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300038)

Mgaz 17th October 2019 16:44

Anybody still sell/service Android head units on here?

Is anybody on here still doing these? I was thinking of getting one for the ZT190 but not sure if I should trust an unknown ebay seller. :shrug:

Dorset Bob 17th October 2019 16:59

They have very good feedback, and here is the range
:smilie_re: https://www.androidice.com/car-speci...-75-mg-zt.html

Sjonnie 17th October 2019 17:56

Note that Julian has "moved" his business to incaraudio.co.uk

You could get a warning in your browser but not to worry. Just go ahead and accept the warning. It's safe.

I would go for this one: https://www.incaraudio.co.uk/xtrons-...-75-mg-zt.html
If that would be available when I bought my unit from Julian.... well you get the idea ;)

Mgaz 18th October 2019 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2769243)
Note that Julian has "moved" his business to incaraudio.co.uk

You could get a warning in your browser but not to worry. Just go ahead and accept the warning. It's safe.

I would go for this one: https://www.incaraudio.co.uk/xtrons-...-75-mg-zt.html
If that would be available when I bought my unit from Julian.... well you get the idea ;)

So is android ice no good now? If he's moved?

Funny, that's actually the unit I'm interested in. But it's £100 cheaper on the android ice website and ebay. ? :(

Sjonnie 18th October 2019 05:49

I don't know why he has "moved" to the other domain:shrug:

Androidice.com is still online and the unit is indeed cheaper there. Androidice.co.uk leads to the new website.

Mgaz 18th October 2019 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2769310)
I don't know why he has "moved" to the other domain:shrug:

Androidice.com is still online and the unit is indeed cheaper there. Androidice.co.uk leads to the new website.

Cheers! Anybody know if there will be new Android 10 head units on sale soon with updated hardware ?

Just wondering if its worth waiting a little bit for some newer updated hardware . :shrug: :D

Sjonnie 18th October 2019 10:53

There will always be devices with a newer (newest) version of Android. It just takes time. And when that one is released you'd better wait for an Android 11 unit because it will follow soon after ;)

Often they just replace the Android version with a newer one keeping the hardware the same. I would rather have a Android 8 unit than a Android 9 unit on the same specs.:getmecoat:

Get this one and enjoy it while others wait for a newer version and have to use their outdated factory unit:D

jubbarelly 18th October 2019 22:18

Still around.

incaraudio is running on a new version of Magento 2 (the software that makes it look pretty and function)

And also has the pay over 3 months option which cant be done on androidice website as its an older version.

Cheers all.

Dawn 19th October 2019 07:41

Jubs also does a great fitting and set up service! I can higjly recommend him too! ☺

Mgaz 19th October 2019 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2769539)
Still around.

incaraudio is running on a new version of Magento 2 (the software that makes it look pretty and function)

And also has the pay over 3 months option which cant be done on androidice website as its an older version.

Cheers all.

So are you not connected to androidice.Co.uk anymore?

jubbarelly 20th October 2019 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2769739)
So are you not connected to androidice.Co.uk anymore?

I own androidice.co.uk. The domain repoints to incaraudio.co.uk as its a newer website version.

buchanan 20th October 2019 21:29

i just bought one to replace my Navall Star so far really happy with it.

Mgaz 21st October 2019 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2769916)
I own androidice.co.uk. The domain repoints to incaraudio.co.uk as its a newer website version.

Sorry, i meant the androidice.com site. is that connected to you?

jubbarelly 21st October 2019 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2770032)
Sorry, i meant the androidice.com site. is that connected to you?

It is yes. I own all three domains.

Cheers

Mgaz 21st October 2019 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2770232)
It is yes. I own all three domains.

Cheers

What's the audio quality like?

Is there anyway of getting digital audio output from them, so I can bypass the internal DAC ?

jubbarelly 22nd October 2019 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2770286)
What's the audio quality like?

Is there anyway of getting digital audio output from them, so I can bypass the internal DAC ?

Audio is excellent, no need to bypass. If you want total control then go for a Kenwood or Pioneer that cost 3 times as much...

Mgaz 23rd October 2019 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2770297)
Audio is excellent, no need to bypass. If you want total control then go for a Kenwood or Pioneer that cost 3 times as much...

Do I have to buy extra add-ons to get Bluetooth and/Or Dab ?

Sjonnie 23rd October 2019 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2770607)
Do I have to buy extra add-ons to get Bluetooth and/Or Dab ?

Bluetooth is integrated. Dab+ you will have to buy an adapter and antenna (both available in his store).

HTH

Mgaz 23rd October 2019 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2770630)
Bluetooth is integrated. Dab+ you will have to buy an adapter and antenna (both available in his store).

HTH

Cheers! As long as they all have bluetooth and wifi and GPS integrated, that should be enough for me to start with.

Mgaz 23rd October 2019 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2770297)

Well.. I bit the bullet.

Have just bought one of those Android units from your site.

Sjonnie 24th October 2019 03:48

Tell us which one. We're curious :)

Dawn 24th October 2019 06:24

I have an older Xtrons android and was still amazed what it can do! I still don't know half! Got an OBD reader from Jubs too. Only a tenner and you can see how your motor is running!

Mgaz 24th October 2019 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2770726)
Tell us which one. We're curious :)

I went for the one that you recommend. The XTRONS PT8846B - 8.8" Android 8.0

Hopefully it is on its way to me as we speak . :)

Sjonnie 24th October 2019 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2770784)
I went for the one that you recommend. The XTRONS PT8846B - 8.8" Android 8.0

Hopefully it is on its way to me as we speak . :)

:drool4::drool4::drool4::drool4: Hope you don't like it and you will offer it to me for a bag of peanuts :D:D:D

Kidding of course! This unit will be great as far as I can tell. I would really love to see a picture after fitting. I think you made the better choice :)

Mgaz 25th October 2019 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2770834)
:drool4::drool4::drool4::drool4: Hope you don't like it and you will offer it to me for a bag of peanuts :D:D:D

Kidding of course! This unit will be great as far as I can tell. I would really love to see a picture after fitting. I think you made the better choice :)

Hopefully it as good as it looks :)

I've not had an email or anything to confirm my order yet or to say its on its way.

How long do they usually take to arrive ?

Sjonnie 25th October 2019 18:56

Sometimes the E-Mails don't get sent. Don't ask me e. But the unit will arrive. Julian is 110 percent trustworthy.

Dawn 25th October 2019 19:37

Dont quote me but I think its about a week. ☺ Contact Julian (jubarelly) and he will talk youvthrough delivery fitting and any other questions!

vitesse 26th October 2019 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2771086)
Sometimes the E-Mails don't get sent. Don't ask me e. But the unit will arrive. Julian is 110 percent trustworthy.

Same happened to me, Julian said that I should have got a despatch email, but never did, however when asked he quickly sent confirmation together with tracking details.

Regards

jubbarelly 26th October 2019 11:45

For some reason order emails dont get sent from the website and everybody that has looked at it cant fix it :(

Your order will be with you middle to end of next week mate.

Thanks for your order, appreciate it and to everyone who recommended androidice.

Thanks guys :bowdown:

Mgaz 26th October 2019 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubbarelly (Post 2771276)
For some reason order emails dont get sent from the website and everybody that has looked at it cant fix it :(

Thanks for your order, appreciate it and to everyone who recommended androidice.

Ah,.. okay, cheers! & thanks for the update :)

Mgaz 7th November 2019 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2771348)
Ah,.. okay, cheers! & thanks for the update :)

Quote:

Any idea when it will be turning up?

Mgaz 9th November 2019 17:55

Seems the one site is now down ? :shrug:

https://www.androidice.co.uk/

Sjonnie 10th November 2019 02:53

Well, Julian did say he was moving his business to incaraudio.co.uk with a new version of Magento 3. I think he has finished his site and had no need for the old Magento 2 site anymore.

So no worries, Julian is still around ;)

Mgaz 10th November 2019 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2774584)
Well, Julian did say he was moving his business to incaraudio.co.uk with a new version of Magento 3. I think he has finished his site and had no need for the old Magento 2 site anymore.

So no worries, Julian is still around ;)

Well that's fine :} , just need my head unit to turn up now. Must have gotten lost in the post? :shrug:

Sjonnie 10th November 2019 09:14

I am not very familiar with the speed of service of Royal Mail. Didn't you get a track and trace number?

Ched 10th November 2019 09:21

If its any consolation I messaged him last Sunday via messenger, I had a response on Monday eve to which i replied straight away, a response from him I'm still waiting on.

Mgaz 10th November 2019 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2774615)
I am not very familiar with the speed of service of Royal Mail. Didn't you get a track and trace number?

I have received an email from him explaining that the supplier has said that the unit I bought is out of stock and they are waiting for a new batch to be made.

How long that will be I don't know..

Sjonnie 11th November 2019 17:59

Unfortunate but on the other hand: you have bought the absolute greatest unit from xTrons there is:drool4: Well worth the wait IMHO.

To be honest: I just bought a R75 for SWMBO so that I have an excuse to transplant my xTrons to her car and get myself the same unit you bought.:getmecoat:

The unit will arrive and after you have installed it you'll forget the time you have waited for it (trust me! :D)

Mgaz 12th November 2019 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2775030)
Unfortunate but on the other hand: you have bought the absolute greatest unit from xTrons there is:drool4: Well worth the wait IMHO.

To be honest: I just bought a R75 for SWMBO so that I have an excuse to transplant my xTrons to her car and get myself the same unit you bought.:getmecoat:

The unit will arrive and after you have installed it you'll forget the time you have waited for it (trust me! :D)

Cheers!

I do want it, I just hope it wont be too long.

Mgaz 23rd November 2019 19:11

Quote:

Well unit arrived the other day. I'm hoping it's relatively straightforward to fit?

Mgaz 23rd November 2019 20:01

So I connect the iso connection to the big black plug and I totally ignore the other black plug marked 'BMW E46' . ?

The rest of the connections are quite obvious, but what is that small box for marked 'For BMW E39 . E46' B GOO BMW BG 04
AK/HH04/CAN?

Sjonnie 24th November 2019 07:47

Yes! Forget the BMW plug if you have iso connectors. The mystery box is the canbus box. You will need it and it is probably part of the loom of the unit.

:wantpics:

:D:D:D

Mgaz 24th November 2019 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2777799)
Yes! Forget the BMW plug if you have iso connectors. The mystery box is the canbus box. You will need it and it is probably part of the loom of the unit.

:wantpics:

:D:D:D

What does it do?? And where does it go?

Also, the unit has some 'ears' on the top left and right of the head unit. I take it I need to cut these off?

Mgaz 24th November 2019 14:40

Has it got something to do with the steering controls? Because my car uses an infrared/blue cable to operate the standard kenwood head unit.

Sjonnie 24th November 2019 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2777849)
What does it do?? And where does it go?

Also, the unit has some 'ears' on the top left and right of the head unit. I take it I need to cut these off?

The canbus box should interact with the cars internal systems. But I am at a loss as to what it exactly does (I am not an electrical engineer :getmecoat:). The manual should show you how or where to place the canbus box though. I tried the xTrons website for the manual but was unsuccessful.

The ears will have to be cut off. Before doing so, please test the unit in your car. If the ears are cut and you are not satisfied with the unit, it will be a problem returning it (that said... you could always sell it to me for a bag of peanuts :drool4: :D:D).

In most of our cars the SWC can be used with the yellow connector you find in your centre console. I will have to look up the colour codings of the wires you need (goes on his way to search this forum for the colour codes ;) )

Sjonnie 24th November 2019 14:57

This is what I've fond in the workshop manual:

https://www.zt-t.nl/piwigo/i.php?/up...b3a86a8-me.png

So you will be looking for a Blue/Purple and Blue/Orange wire which will be the SWC wires.

jubbarelly 24th November 2019 15:29

Hi

If Im doing the install for someone I cut the ears off with a pair of pliers, they snap off quite easily and it wont invalidate the warranty, it evens says this on the description on the website that the ears have to be removed prior to fitment.

The CANBUS box is used for the BMW E46 as it has a digital system for the SWC, this isnt required on the R75 or ZT as they are an analogue wired with resistance system.

Key 1 wire from the stereo loom to the blue / purple wire on the cars loom and a black ground wire to the blue / orange wire on the cars loom then programme the SWC buttons on the stereo via the SWC app.

Cheers