The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ECU decoding (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294507)

Scott Stephen 30th March 2019 23:38

ECU decoding

Hi all. I am currently gathering all the necessary harware to carry out a turbo conversion for my MGZT 120..Engine, manifolds, turbo etc. have all been sourced now... I managed to get a free engine ecu from a Rover 75 1.8t. Could this be decoded to work with my existing body control unit / immobiliser / key fobs from the 120? - Thanks. Scott

marinabrian 30th March 2019 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Stephen (Post 2723363)
Hi all. I am currently gathering all the necessary harware to carry out a turbo conversion for my MGZT 120..Engine, manifolds, turbo etc. have all been sourced now... I managed to get a free engine ecu from a Rover 75 1.8t. Could this be decoded to work with my existing body control unit / immobiliser / key fobs from the 120? - Thanks. Scott

Yes, it's not a bad job Scott, however I'm sure what you would really like is for the donor NNN000500 to have all of the correct data, VIN and tune for your car.

This is possible with the original EWS data being altered to reflect the changes , the ECM virginised then reprogrammed with the correct data.

Do you have the fuel pump from the donor, as the NASP pump is not capable of delivering the required quantity and pressure required.

To do the job, I would need the EWS3 and your "new" ECM.

Let me know if you need a hand ;)

Brian :D

Scott Stephen 31st March 2019 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2723365)
Yes, it's not a bad job Scott, however I'm sure what you would really like is for the donor NNN000500 to have all of the correct data, VIN and tune for your car.

This is possible with the original EWS data being altered to reflect the changes , the ECM virginised then reprogrammed with the correct data.

Do you have the fuel pump from the donor, as the NASP pump is not capable of delivering the required quantity and pressure required.

To do the job, I would need the EWS3 and your "new" ECM.

Let me know if you need a hand ;)

Hi Brian. Thanks for your reply. Is the EWS3 the immobiliser ECU that according to RAVE is located behind the right hand A post? - So its just this unit and my 'new' ECM that need to be talking with each other to get it all working? - If you can do this then I would be very happy to send them to you.

Thanks.

trikey 31st March 2019 09:20

Yes, the ews lives on the a pillar just behind the bonnet pull.

You need five point security torx to remove it though.

marinabrian 31st March 2019 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2723399)
Yes, the ews lives on the a pillar just behind the bonnet pull.

You need five point security torx to remove it though.

One of THESE

Lovel 31st March 2019 11:28

My annual one chance a year to do any diagnostics up here locally and I get trumped by the south of the border clan ;)

Scott Stephen 31st March 2019 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2723402)
One of THESE

Great, I will get one sorted out.

Scott Stephen 31st March 2019 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovel (Post 2723427)
My annual one chance a year to do any diagnostics up here locally and I get trumped by the south of the border clan ;)

Dont worry... I stay in Aberdeenshire too...together, we shall rule! :D

marinabrian 31st March 2019 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Stephen (Post 2723429)
Dont worry... I stay in Aberdeenshire too...together, we shall rule! :D

Just looked to see where you are, yes go and see Gary as he's only about thirty miles from you :cool:

Tam 31st March 2019 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovel (Post 2723427)

You can come and diagnose my non starting diesel! :D