The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wouldnt normally touch part worns but.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201389)

ROBBIE G 23rd November 2014 18:17

Wouldnt normally touch part worns but....

My 2 rear tyres are close on the limit and odd makes so I thought take the plunge just before the weather gets bad and put 2 new on, I have Landsail tyres on the front so was hoping to match them all if possible. guy say's I got a bargain here for you I have 2 part worn landsails with 6mm tread he did me the 2 fully fitted and balanced £40 that saved me a few sheckles today

pyrite 23rd November 2014 18:23

Ive run part worns on my van for last 6 years, do 50000 miles a year with a lot of stop starting cornering and general abuse and often under heavy loads, never had any problems and in fact only 2 punctures in all that time

pab 23rd November 2014 18:30

I've run a set of Rotalla tyres on my ZT for two years with no problems. They are about sixty quid a corner and a hundred quid cheaper than a premium brand.

The way i look at it, respect the tyres in road conditions and all will be well.

I suppose the tyre snobs will jump on me, but i'll stand my ground. ;)

ROBBIE G 23rd November 2014 18:30

With xmas coming it was £60 quid saving in my pocket id have been looking at £100 for 2 new

First_damned 23rd November 2014 18:57

Ive been getting part worns for the past few years with no problems and big savings

VMax1000 23rd November 2014 19:00

Glad you all get on with partly worn tyres.

There are two things on a car I will never buy used:-
  1. Tyres
  2. Brake parts

The things that keep you safe should be first priority and not second hand

ROBBIE G 23rd November 2014 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1848592)
I've run a set of Rotalla tyres on my ZT for two years with no problems. They are about sixty quid a corner and a hundred quid cheaper than a premium brand.

The way i look at it, respect the tyres in road conditions and all will be well.

I suppose the tyre snobs will jump on me, but i'll stand my ground. ;)

I have to agree with this simple sensible observant driving will always out weigh the need for any mega bucks rubber

pab 23rd November 2014 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMax1000 (Post 1848633)
Glad you all get on with partly worn tyres.

There are two things on a car I will never buy used:-
  1. Tyres
  2. Brake parts

The things that keep you safe should be first priority and not second hand

So not even a top premium branded tyre with 1mm of wear would be avoided by ones good self?

VMax1000 23rd November 2014 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1848642)
So not even a top premium branded tyre with 1mm of wear would be avoided by ones good self?

Yes, it would be avoided............history unknown etc.

And with 1mm wear chances are a new one is about the same price.

Again, I wouldn't buy used tyres, premium or otherwise, 1 mm wear or less.

I want to know the tyres I buy are not used, repaired or have hidden( read none disclosed) faults.

RPWC 23rd November 2014 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldilocks (Post 1848581)
Ive run part worns on my van for last 6 years, do 50000 miles a year with a lot of stop starting cornering and general abuse and often under heavy loads, never had any problems and in fact only 2 punctures in all that time

I have run part workers for years, without problems, touches wood in anticipation. I don't do anything like the miles you do, about 10 k a year in the van,stop start parking up against kerbs, and the car only does about 7000 a year, the majority of it being 3-4 miles per day, with a few hundred towing the caravan.