The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wipers stop when the car does! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303136)

rovertone 25th February 2020 16:34

Wipers stop when the car does!

Over the last few days I have noticed that when my wipers are on normal operation they stop when I come to a stop. This doesn't happen every time, if I switch to either fast speed or intermittent and back they start up again and work normally.
Prior to this a good while back I was having problems with the rain sensing operation so I disconnected the sensor and the wipers reverted to manual intermittent operation and all worked normally. I recall on my last 75 a 99 2.0 V6 the wipers in normal mode used to slow down when the car slowed down but they didn't stop.
Any pointers to where to start looking would be most welcome please.

macafee2 25th February 2020 16:46

I thought they dropped down one setting when the car stopped. normal dropping to intermittent and intermittent to "off" then when you move off they resume their correct function

macafee2

bluebird 25th February 2020 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2795434)
I thought they dropped down one setting when the car stopped. normal dropping to intermittent and intermittent to "off" then when you move off they resume their correct function

macafee2

Thats correct, intelligent wipe can be turned off via T4

roverbarmy 25th February 2020 17:04

Brilliant idea. Saves all that noise and juddering.;)

jonc3725 25th February 2020 19:05

As Bluebird states, intelligent wipe.

T4 or TOAF can turn it on or off.

Jim Jamieson 25th February 2020 19:17

Oh yes very intelligent, but it took me a few years to discover this when we first purchased our 75 diesel Connoisseur back in 2002.

Worse still I didn’t know until recently you can drop down the glovebox lid another notch to gain better access to the CD multichanger.

On most modern cars now there seems to be a few “hidden secrets”

BoroRover 25th February 2020 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2795441)
Brilliant idea. Saves all that noise and juddering.;)

It's one of the little extras that make our cars what they are, a cut above. :bowdown:

rovertone 25th February 2020 21:09

Thanks for your input folks, something to think about, seems like mine might have switched itself over to 'intellegent' mode without any intervention by man or machine!
I'll keep an eye on it see how it goes but how stupid to have your wipers stop, great at road junctions in a rainstorm!

bl52krz 25th February 2020 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson (Post 2795465)
Oh yes very intelligent, but it took me a few years to discover this when we first purchased our 75 diesel Connoisseur back in 2002.

Worse still I didn’t know until recently you can drop down the glovebox lid another notch to gain better access to the CD multichanger.

On most modern cars now there seems to be a few “hidden secrets”

And use it to put your drink cup on it.

bl52krz 25th February 2020 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovertone (Post 2795490)
Thanks for your input folks, something to think about, seems like mine might have switched itself over to 'intellegent' mode without any intervention by man or machine!
I'll keep an eye on it see how it goes but how stupid to have your wipers stop, great at road junctions in a rainstorm!

All you have to do is move your arm and with your fingers put it on the first speed. No problem innit