The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Valeting Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Sonax xtreme brilliant shine detailer (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=146683)

lightningmark 14th May 2013 12:13

Sonax xtreme brilliant shine detailer

Heads up to anyone wanting this as out of stock in this country i ordered on friday 10th delivered today Tues 14th from German ebay, had to order 2 750ml bottles also got 2 tubes of the xtreme plastic restorer gel :D

v-man 14th May 2013 13:01

Did you want/need the plastic gel?

At the right price I would be interested in taking one off you......

lightningmark 14th May 2013 15:05

Well it ended up costing me £11 with the postage for the gel so pm me :)

v-man 14th May 2013 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightningmark (Post 1305691)
Well it ended up costing me £11 with the postage for the gel so pm me :)

You have a PM sir.

GJBridge 14th May 2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightningmark (Post 1305570)
Heads up to anyone wanting this as out of stock in this country i ordered on friday 10th delivered today Tues 14th from German ebay, had to order 2 750ml bottles also got 2 tubes of the xtreme plastic restorer gel :D

Have you got a link for the QD, PLEASE :bowdown::bowdown:

v-man 14th May 2013 18:30

Some of the QD on Amazon, but ouch at the price (compared to normal UK stock).

lightningmark 14th May 2013 21:58

Plenty on german eBay if you do a search, ended up costing me £32 for 2 bottles complete with nice red microfibre cloths in the pack

v-man 14th May 2013 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightningmark (Post 1306165)
Plenty on german eBay if you do a search

Yes, was wandering there earlier, even tried eBay france too, then Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/SONAX-287400-Xt.../dp/B007O9CXHI if that's any good to someone...

GJBridge 16th May 2013 16:50

Back in stock

at Clean Your Car

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detail...prod_1178.html

And, yes, I ordered mine before posting :D:D

v-man 17th May 2013 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJBridge (Post 1307639)
at Clean Your Car

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detail...prod_1178.html

And, yes, I ordered mine before posting :D:D

Typical, just placed an order a couple of days ago. Will have to wait and see when I need something else.

Zafonic 18th May 2013 20:48

Whilst you guys are on cleanyourcar.thingy, get some Serious Performance Carnauba QD, its the best one I,ve used yet and its pretty cheap

suzublu 20th May 2013 17:45

Look what Postie has just delivered from Germany :bowdown: http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18950bf9.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...ps292267a5.jpg

rovexCDTi 21st May 2013 14:16

Ah you got the German one with the free cloth! Lets us know what you think.

v-man 21st May 2013 14:18

Of course do read the label Ronnie, in case it affects chrome adversely......

:getmecoat:

rovexCDTi 21st May 2013 14:19

Dont worry its fine on anything, even plastic and glass (maybe not the windscreen though).

v-man 21st May 2013 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 1312596)
Dont worry its fine on anything, even plastic and glass (maybe not the windscreen though).

I was having a joke with Ronnie.

suzublu 21st May 2013 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1312593)
Of course do read the label Ronnie, in case it affects chrome adversely....

:getmecoat:

It's in German Ian :shrug::getmecoat::D:D

windrush 21st May 2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1312598)
I was having a joke with Ronnie.

We know that Ian:D:D:D

v-man 21st May 2013 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1312600)
It's in German Ian :shrug::getmecoat::D:D

Ahh, well if you can't it read and so don't want to risk it, send it to me.....

windrush 21st May 2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-man (Post 1312609)
Ahh, well if you can't it read and so don't want to risk it, send it to me.....

The main chance eh:D:D:D

GJBridge 21st May 2013 17:40

My Trial

1 Attachment(s)
One side has my usual Carnauba wax; pretty good I think - the other has the Sonax on......................WOW :drool4::drool4::drool4::drool4:

Methinks the matching shampoo may need trying :D:D

vindaloo 22nd May 2013 15:36

Been using this QD for a few months now, I bought a 5 litre bottle from Germany. It's a little more difficult to remove than most QD's as it isn't quite as slick to the touch but the look is up there with best. It's aquaphobic properties are quite extraordinary, it's impossible to hose the car as the water just disappears on impact. Ensure that you buff immediately as it can streak if it dries, apply to a quarter/ half a panel at a time (depending on panel size).

GJBridge 22nd May 2013 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 1313615)
Been using this QD for a few months now, I bought a 5 litre bottle from Germany. It's a little more difficult to remove than most QD's as it isn't quite as slick to the touch but the look is up there with best. It's aquaphobic properties are quite extraordinary, it's impossible to hose the car as the water just disappears on impact. Ensure that you buff immediately as it can streak if it dries, apply to a quarter/ half a panel at a time (depending on panel size).

What do you wash it with?????

vindaloo 22nd May 2013 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJBridge (Post 1313700)
What do you wash it with?????

Either Optimum No Rinse (ONR) or Duragloss shampoo depending on how dirty it is.

suzublu 22nd May 2013 21:08

Wellllll,put some on the bonnet this morning,shines nice :drool4: Went for a drive over the moors around tea-time cos i was bored:( It rained.The water on the bonnet just blew straight off into the windscreen :oNow,just had a look outside as it's been raining again(that's unusual) nice beading on the roof(untreated) but the bonnet looks dry :cool: So,looking good for now :drool4: Rest of the car later this week,methinks :cool:

GJBridge 24th May 2013 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1314063)
Wellllll,put some on the bonnet this morning,shines nice :drool4: Went for a drive over the moors around tea-time cos i was bored:( It rained.The water on the bonnet just blew straight off into the windscreen :oNow,just had a look outside as it's been raining again(that's unusual) nice beading on the roof(untreated) but the bonnet looks dry :cool: So,looking good for now :drool4: Rest of the car later this week,methinks :cool:

I've only done the bonnet too.

Heavy showers today - when I left work the most miniature beads I've ever seen, by the time I got to 25 ish they'd rolled into 5 or 6 big beads which then exploded onto the windscreen!!!

I've ordered the Sonax 'self drying' shampoo :drool4: to try; as I hate drying the car!!!

rovexCDTi 25th May 2013 11:55

I dont hold these self drying or no rinse shampoos in much regard. To me they all need rinsing and drying, but the Sonax one is about as good as they get.

I wasnt that impressed the first time i used it, but i used it today and it seemed much better. It helps if the water is quite hot and you use at least as much as they say to, which for my bucket is about 3 cap fulls. The car is lovely and shiny now and still repelling water like mad. its a good match for the detailer.

GJBridge 25th May 2013 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 1316301)
I dont hold these self drying or no rinse shampoos in much regard. To me they all need rinsing and drying, but the Sonax one is about as good as they get.

I wasnt that impressed the first time i used it, but i used it today and it seemed much better. It helps if the water is quite hot and you use at least as much as they say to, which for my bucket is about 3 cap fulls. The car is lovely and shiny now and still repelling water like mad. its a good match for the detailer.

I don't expect it to be 100% perfect, but if it is 90%, that'll be a great help, as I find drying the car the worst bit!!! :(:(

rovexCDTi 26th May 2013 14:54

I gave in and bought the 5 litre bottle. Cant get enough of it, and I thought I better get more because the car is due for its annual full detail.

DaveyC 27th May 2013 09:04

I bought some of this despite being a bit sceptical. Well, I think the shine speaks for itself...... Its now top of my list of stuff to use on the car and would recommend it to anyone. Not raied since I used it but no doubt it will later today (well, its a bank holiday, so it must be going to rain).

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...526_160137.jpg

rovexCDTi 27th May 2013 09:08

Looks great!

I couldnt wait for it to rain when i got mine, so i poured water over the bonnet from a watering can (with no head on it). Its addictive!

FredSpencer 27th May 2013 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyC (Post 1317698)
I bought some of this despite being a bit sceptical. Well, I think the shine speaks for itself...... Its now top of my list of stuff to use on the car and would recommend it to anyone. Not raied since I used it but no doubt it will later today (well, its a bank holiday, so it must be going to rain).

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...526_160137.jpg

Looks like it's turned your wheels a funny colour. ;) :getmecoat:

I'm still working my way through the thread on DW before I decide whether to give it a go.

rovexCDTi 27th May 2013 14:19

Its amasing that the thread is now up to 46 pages. That pretty rare on DW. No one seems to dislike it, the only comment being that its not very slick, but thats normal for nano based products.

I dont think im going to need anything else this year, its SO easy to use, a real boon for people like me who have Rheumatoid Arthritis, that cant do heavy detailing too often.

GJBridge 27th May 2013 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 1317705)
Looks great!

I couldnt wait for it to rain when i got mine, so i poured water over the bonnet from a watering can (with no head on it). Its addictive!

Did the whole car with it, and spent 5 minutes running the hose over it to watch the sheeting!!
'Little boy with new toy' springs to mind :D:D:D:D

Now torn between Xtreme Protect & Shine and Xtreme Carnauba Wax :confused::confused::confused:

DaveyC 27th May 2013 19:04

Well, its been raining here and its now stopped and the car looks dry! My other half's Peugeot looks like you would expect (crappy and French) we with water beads on it..... :D

danbmx_69 27th May 2013 20:04

how are you all finding it now to wash your cars after this has been applyed, dose the shampo have enough time to lift the dirt up or dose it just run straght off?

rovexCDTi 27th May 2013 20:49

Its fine as long as you have a nice frothy, suddy shampoo. Dirt doesnt stick very well anyway.

danbmx_69 27th May 2013 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 1318275)
Its fine as long as you have a nice frothy, suddy shampoo. Dirt doesnt stick very well anyway.

i may consider getting some of this

Snagger 1st July 2013 18:37

Outstanding product, thanks for the heads up ;)

Snagger.

Zafonic 3rd July 2013 15:39

The Sonax Exteme Plastic Gel renovator is fantastic to:drool4:

rovexCDTi 7th July 2013 09:30

It is indeed, will be doing my car this afternoon if its not too hot.

Zafonic 7th July 2013 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 1355363)
It is indeed, will be doing my car this afternoon if its not too hot.

The scuttle panel is the real test for any plastic/rubber gel, Christian, and after a week mine looks brand new:D

rovexCDTi 7th July 2013 21:14

Yes i have used it before, it does work a treat. I did all black parts, including the door and window seals, and the car looks really nice with every detail done. I helps that the heat of the day made the product less thick, it spread easier and seemed to soak in more.

BaroqueMoon 23rd July 2013 04:07

I just wish someone in Australia would become a sonax distributor. I have to get mine from the U.K or Germany. Postage cost is a bit off putting but the product is worth it.

Edit:
Ack! Found one. Could have saved a small fortune in the past. Glad I found it though. They need to get their act together re search engine promotion. Had to trawl to find them.

zero2 4th September 2013 19:40

I've finally got some sonax qd. I can't wait for it to arrive and give it a go :D:D:D

zero2 6th September 2013 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero2 (Post 1407871)
I've finally got some sonax qd. I can't wait for it to arrive and give it a go :D:D:D

My quick detailer will be arriving today and its pouring down so I won't be able to get it on yet :(

DaveyC 6th September 2013 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero2 (Post 1409198)
My quick detailer will be arriving today and its pouring down so I won't be able to get it on yet :(

Wait until it rains AFTER you have used it :D The rain falls off the car. Drive down the road and its all gone......... I love it.

zero2 6th September 2013 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyC (Post 1409201)
Wait until it rains AFTER you have used it :D The rain falls off the car. Drive down the road and its all gone......... I love it.

I can't wait :D:D:D

zero2 6th September 2013 17:19

I've quickly put a coat on whilst there was a brake in the rain and now it's started again... I'm well impressed. :D