The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Im very low maintenance (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295832)

neilb740 17th May 2019 15:13

Im very low maintenance

I got a £100 Amazon voucher from work as a thank you for sorting a long running problem we had.

Ive spent the last two days trying to think what to spend it on, Ive finally come to the conclusion that there is nothing I really want so ive given it to the wife.

I really cant get the hang of this spending money thing, It was pointed out to me that it was at least 4 years since i had bought any clothes (why would I? The ones I have are'nt worn out yet!) Its a running joke that Neils summer wardrobeis the same as the winter wardrobe, but i take the jumper off.

I guess im just a born cheapskate lol

clf 17th May 2019 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 2734367)
I got a £100 Amazon voucher from work as a thank you for sorting a long running problem we had.

Ive spent the last two days trying to think what to spend it on, Ive finally come to the conclusion that there is nothing I really want so ive given it to the wife.

I really cant get the hang of this spending money thing, It was pointed out to me that it was at least 4 years since i had bought any clothes (why would I? The ones I have are'nt worn out yet!) Its a running joke that Neils summer wardrobeis the same as the winter wardrobe, but i take the jumper off.

I have recently bought 5 new grey t shirts to replace the 5 red ones I bought 3 years ago. 2 pairs of jeans to replace the 2 that were bought to me 5 years ago (they hung in the wardrobe for 3 years before I needed them lol).

This reminds me, I need to open that packet of t shirts lol

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

FLYING BANANA 17th May 2019 15:37

I’ve still got t shirts I bought 20 years ago. Still plenty of life left in them. Rarely wear decent trousers, I do have 5 pairs and a do own a decent suit. Only wear that for weddings/christening/funerals.
I have a tendency to wear jogging bottoms a lot.

I did go mad last Xmas and buy a new coat and two decent shirts.

macafee2 17th May 2019 15:52

it took me 18 months to spend a £100 gift card I was given when I left work.
For some, money burns a hole in their pocket
macafee2

chillyphil 17th May 2019 16:31

My favourite jacket is older than the wife, and more comfy.
It'll be good for another 35 years, the jacket not the wife!!!

KLM 17th May 2019 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 2734367)

Same here, I can only think of buying Rover 75 accessories. :o
and there is not many of those for sale these days.
Kev.

jackatesme 17th May 2019 17:36

At 73yrs of age i have never bought any item of clothing for myself. 1st there was my mother then my wife,and now daughter and g/daughter get me new clothes. If i had my way i would go on holidays with an Asda bag instead of suitcase,lot easier to carry.:D

neilb740 17th May 2019 18:36

l I dont do much on line shopping but I dont loiter in town either.
I call it sniper shopping.
Know what you want, where you are getting it from and how much you are willing to pay.
The mission is to get the purchase done and back in the car with only a 30minute pay and display ticket :D