The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   mk1 seats compare mk2 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=231217)

g20stu 22nd November 2015 16:18

mk1 seats compare mk2

How much better are mk1 seats compared to mk2 going see mk1 interior for sale any advice is appreciated :shrug:

stuart

trikey 22nd November 2015 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by g20stu (Post 2150367)
How much better are mk1 seats compared to mk2 going see mk1 interior for sale any advice is appreciated :shrug:

stuart

Check the map pockets Stu, they are a bit weak on the mk1.

Rick-sta 22nd November 2015 16:33

They're all the same aren't they? I thought underneath the mki and mkii seats are the same (i.e the frames and foam etc), just new seat cover options were added later?

I swapped MKi seat covers onto MKii seat frames and didn't notice any difference apart from the airbag and tensioner plugs being different.

Rick-sta 22nd November 2015 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2150381)
Check the map pockets Stu, they are a bit weak on the mk1.

Ah yes thats a point, map pockets are plastic on earlier seats and just leather on later ones. I actually prefer the later leather pockets as the plastic ones break. :}

FrazzleTC 22nd November 2015 16:41

Mark 2 seats are quite different! The rear seats are considerably smaller. The leather is softer, but of much poorer quality. The front seats seem smaller, but also have different pleats. They're all double piped on mark 2s with leather. The back rest is different too, as the seats are designed with soft map pockets, and a much larger cut-out in the back of the seat for the rear passengers' knees.
There's no strap on the rear central armrest on most cars from 2002 onwards.
The leather is quite tough on early mark 1 seats, and a lot thicker than that of later mark 1s/mark 2s, having cut up seats on both types.

marinabrian 22nd November 2015 19:34

Mk2 double piped seats are better in some respects and worse in others to PPD Mk1.

Personally I prefer Mk2 seats, as they don't have the rubbish map pocket insert.

PPD seats have more leather, and embossed headrests, which of course are essential if you have eyes in the back of your head :getmecoat:

Brian :D

ChrisMidd 11th July 2016 19:29

MkII rear seat in 2000 MkI?

You seem to know quite a lot about the 75 seats! I'm considering buying leather seats for my 2000 75 2.0 V6 Club. The seats came out of MkII car and the rear bench has a foldable back. Does this bench fit into my 2000 car. My car has a fixed back rear seat. Thanks! Chris

suzublu 11th July 2016 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisMidd (Post 2328409)
You seem to know quite a lot about the 75 seats! I'm considering buying leather seats for my 2000 75 2.0 V6 Club. The seats came out of MkII car and the rear bench has a foldable back. Does this bench fit into my 2000 car. My car has a fixed back rear seat. Thanks! Chris

They will fit, have you put your hand between the seat base & back, above the wheel arch, you may find a strap under each side, pull this & your seat will fold down, if you have them:cool:

Daveluck 11th July 2016 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrazzleTC (Post 2150395)
Mark 2 seats are quite different! The rear seats are considerably smaller. The leather is softer, but of much poorer quality. The front seats seem smaller, but also have different pleats. They're all double piped on mark 2s with leather. The back rest is different too, as the seats are designed with soft map pockets, and a much larger cut-out in the back of the seat for the rear passengers' knees.
There's no strap on the rear central armrest on most cars from 2002 onwards.
The leather is quite tough on early mark 1 seats, and a lot thicker than that of later mark 1s/mark 2s, having cut up seats on both types.

:wantpics:

Couple of photos would be nice

Fusilier 11th July 2016 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by g20stu (Post 2150367)

stuart

and don't forget that the airbag connectors are smaller on the mark 2 to the mark 1

Stu