The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Xenons (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=167915)

bigbird 19th December 2013 21:12

Xenons

Hello all ...can someone tell me if Xenon headlights can be pulled apart and fixed my up and down allen key adjuster doesn't work and there is something rattling about inside.:icon_cry:

sytneraudi10 19th December 2013 21:16

Ive fixed some, you have to cut a hole in the bottom.

As for adjuster you need to try and get one of a damaged/scrapped light as they dont sell them.

I expoxy the adjuster wheels to the metal shaft so mine wont ever come off.

wullie480 19th December 2013 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sytneraudi10 (Post 1518349)
Ive fixed some, you have to cut a hole in the bottom.

As for adjuster you need to try and get one of a damaged/scrapped light as they dont sell them.

I expoxy the adjuster wheels to the metal shaft so mine wont ever come off.

Not quite Ive repaired a few from the rear without the need to cut holes in them.

bigbird 19th December 2013 21:20

that's whats happened to mine the wheel on the back just turns,but I will have to look inside to see whats rattling I will try the epoxy on the wheel spline this weekend cheers

sytneraudi10 19th December 2013 21:23

If its the top mount you have to cut a hole in the bottom to clip it back on or the fource applied could pull the reflector off its bolted mount.

Tried and done that, since that expensive mistake I always cut a hole in the bottom and plastic weld the cut out back on.

wullie480 19th December 2013 21:24

Just re read your post have you tried a 10mm spanner on the rear instead of the Allen key part as the teeth maybe worn where the 2 meet.

sytneraudi10 19th December 2013 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 1518357)
Just re read your post have you tried a 10mm spanner on the rear instead of the Allen key part as the teeth maybe worn where the 2 meet.

Also had that, I now only ever let them do it with the hex head adjuster.

I noticed one of mine had been wound out so far it had come off the cam and needed re-seating.

It was the one in top right on drivers as you stand in front of the car. Dont know which that adjusts horizontal or vertical beam. But never come off again.

bigbird 19th December 2013 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 1518357)

No I hav,nt tried the 10mm spanner I didn't realise you could get one on.

bigbird 19th December 2013 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by sytneraudi10 (Post 1518363)
Also had that, I now only ever let them do it with the hex head adjuster.

I noticed one of mine had been wound out so far it had come off the cam and needed re-seating.

It was the one in top right on drivers as you stand in front of the car. Dont know which that adjusts horizontal or vertical beam. But never come off again.

That's the one on mine that's broke drivers side

bigbird 19th December 2013 21:36

I am seriously thinking of seeing if someone will swap for a set of Projectors