The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   OBDII - Nice Little Android Phone App (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119110)

brianw 11th July 2012 18:32

Thanks for the heads up on this app.
I have downloaded the app and ordered the bluetooth dongle last night as soon as I saw your post. I look forward to having a play when it arrives.:)
BTW Does anyone know if you can use it to reset the service interval?
I have oil and filter in the boot ready for change as soon as I get the chance.

Kiltman 11th July 2012 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianw (Post 1052020)
Thanks for the heads up on this app.
I have downloaded the app and ordered the bluetooth dongle last night as soon as I saw your post. I look forward to having a play when it arrives.:)
BTW Does anyone know if you can use it to reset the service interval?
I have oil and filter in the boot ready for change as soon as I get the chance.

Hi, I don't believe it will reset the service interval but a great piece of kit nonetheless

brianw 11th July 2012 19:04

All that technology and it still cannot replace a paper clip!!!:D

Seriously though it looks a really great bit of kit and as the phone would be with me in the car anyway the ability to monitor items if required is really good - not to mention the play value:)

bigbird 11th July 2012 20:32

I bought mine on the recommendation of Kiltman:bowdown: cracking piece of kit been using it all the time since the P.O.L.. I bought a small magnet which sticks to the back of the phone (Galaxy s2..) and the other piece sticks to the dash easy to read and especially good for monitoring engine temp..:D

DaveyC 11th July 2012 21:13

Anyone used the H.U.D. facility on this?

Simon.h 14th July 2012 13:55

Daveyc are you mad, you paid £315 for the BlueTooth ELM327 Car Scan Tool ODB Fault Scan Tool from ebay!

Simondi 14th July 2012 14:11

My bluetooth adapter arrived this morning so I downloaded the app and went out to play.

I have to say I'm impressed. The display can be edited to display exactly what you want and alarms can be set once predetermined settings have been reached. As a 1.8 owner clearly this is of great use as I can now see my temperature reading without having to mess around with the OBD displays. As a test I set the upper warning limit to 80C and waited. As soon as the temp hit 80 bingo a very annoying and persistent alarm went off. Very pleased indeed. Not bad for less than £20:D

A couple of questions, is it OK to leave the bluetooth adapter in situ? Just paranoid about the battery!
Also is there any other setting it would be sensible to monitor in order to help identify possible HGF?

Kiltman 14th July 2012 14:24

[QUOTE=Simondi;1054009]My bluetooth adapter arrived this morning so I downloaded the app and went out to play.

I have to say I'm impressed. The display can be edited to display exactly what you want and alarms can be set once predetermined settings have been reached. As a 1.8 owner clearly this is of great use as I can now see my temperature reading without having to mess around with the OBD displays. As a test I set the upper warning limit to 80C and waited. As soon as the temp hit 80 bingo a very annoying and persistent alarm went off. Very pleased indeed. Not bad for less than £20:D

A couple of questions, is it OK to leave the bluetooth adapter in situ? Just paranoid about the battery!
Also is there any other setting it would be sensible to monitor in order to help identify possible HGF?[/QUO

I have had no problem with leaving the adapter in situ

DaveyC 14th July 2012 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon.h (Post 1053995)
Daveyc are you mad, you paid £315 for the BlueTooth ELM327 Car Scan Tool ODB Fault Scan Tool from ebay!

Mad? Possibly. However, I didn't pay £315 for the ELM327. I paid £15 (ish).

:D

savi18 14th July 2012 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyC (Post 1054111)
Mad? Possibly. However, I didn't pay £315 for the ELM327. I paid £15 (ish).

:D

Where can i get one for 15 quid, dont want to pay 315 pounds which is what it is on Ebay