The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75 Automatic ATF fluid (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317177)

ceetdm 9th January 2022 19:11

Rover 75 Automatic ATF fluid

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a Rover 75 CDTi Automatic in Spain. One of the first jobs I will do is to change/flush the ATF and so have been looking at where I can source ATF with the correct spec, in Spain.

So I ended up looking at Autodoc and looking at the specs of some of the ATF they have on offer, and found a Fanfaro offering and A Mannol offering, both quoting that they are suitable for N402 applications. I can have 10litres delivered for around 50 euro.

MANNOL Multivehicle JWS, OEM 8218 Automatic - MN8218
FANFARO ATF Automatic Transmission Oil ATF, red - FF8602

Question is: has anyone been brave enough to use this in their automatic.

I can also source Ravenol JF506E, 10l, for around 100Euro.

Tommy :-)

trikey 9th January 2022 19:42

Can you find carlube ATFu?

ceetdm 9th January 2022 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2915756)
Can you find carlube ATFu?

I have had a look over the last few days and so far cannot find a supplier of Carlube ATFu in Spain, I'm sure someone must stock it though, I'm still looking for other suppliers of one of the recommended ATFs.

SD1too 10th January 2022 10:21

Hi Tommy,

If you are currently in the UK (your profile gives your location as Edinburgh) then you won't do better than buying from Smith & Allan's eBay shop and taking it with you to Spain. :}

Simon

ceetdm 10th January 2022 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2915828)
Hi Tommy,

If you are currently in the UK (your profile gives your location as Edinburgh) then you won't do better than buying from Smith & Allan's eBay shop and taking it with you to Spain. :}

Simon

Yes, I'm just outside Edinburgh, the car will stay in Spain. This did cross my mind, but the thought of taking the ATF on a flight and paying for the extra baggage put me of the idea.

Jim Jamieson 10th January 2022 20:46

I’ve got 5 Litres of the original MG Rover ATF in the garage. I always kept a good stock for regular changes, but I no longer have a 75.

I’m in Ayrshire if your interested.

ceetdm 10th January 2022 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson (Post 2915911)
I’ve got 5 Litres of the original MG Rover ATF in the garage. I always kept a good stock for regular changes, but I no longer have a 75.

I’m in Ayrshire if your interested.

Jim, thank you very much for this very generous offer, unfortunately I just can't see me taking this on a flight with me - I really want to do the change as soon as I get the car, so it will be done in Spain and since my own 75 is in Spain, I will definitely be flying there.

So it is with regret (am I sounding like Alan Sugar) I cannot accept your kind offer :-(

Thanks again Jim. It's people like you that make this forum so worthwhile. I still look at your suspension pics when I'm doing anything suspension related :-)

Best regards,
Tommy

SD1too 11th January 2022 07:57

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for explaining that you'll be travelling to Spain by air. In which case ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceetdm (Post 2915751)
So I ... found a Fanfaro offering and a Mannol offering, both ... suitable for N402 applications.

MANNOL Multivehicle JWS, OEM 8218 Automatic - MN8218
FANFARO ATF Automatic Transmission Oil ATF, red - FF8602

Question is: has anyone been brave enough to use this in their automatic.

I don't think bravery comes into it does it? Here is the Mannol website which clearly states that it's recommended for the Texaco N402 specification.

What are you waiting for? :D

Simon

ceetdm 11th January 2022 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2915947)
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for explaining that you'll be travelling to Spain by air. In which case ...

I don't think bravery comes into it does it? Here is the Mannol website which clearly states that it's recommended for the Texaco N402 specification.

What are you waiting for? :D

Simon

Thanks Simon, well I don't own the car yet and the one I have at the moment is manual. Hoping to be the owner of an auto end of January :-)

As an aside Autodoc had 37% discount yesterday making 10l of the Mannol around £29 + delivery.
The Spanish Autodoc site only had 26% discount?