The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Monthly meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284268)

Cable Tie 3rd June 2018 13:17

Monthly meets

Hi guys n girlies time to get the monthly meets up and running,dont particularly want to be in the same venue but over the south west area so it’s fair on all of us travelling wise,so let’s get our heads together and get this rolling,if anyone knows of anywhere who serves good food with a decent sized car park and facilities to cater for us like minded folk get the fingers working,also I would like to do a selfie treasure hunt,where we drive around different locations take a selfie at different locations and return no specific route but mileage will be taken beforehand and the person who does the least miles wins the day,maybe a Cornish pasty run,pub run,point to point taking in various locations on the way,we have a good group of forum members and want to keep it that way by not stagnating but keeping it enjoyable and interesting to do these Mini meets etc I would also like people’s thoughts on the usual Newquay Oct meet and the Warner’s I.o.w December weekend away,or maybe different locations to visit,I would like to also thank you guys for the support you give in turning up to these meets and mini breaks as a couple of Rs have stood down due to lack of interest,as it’s not easy to please everyone and takes a fair bit of thought to get these meets off the ground,thanks for reading this rather long post but things need to be said etc thanks again mr c tie

FLYING BANANA 3rd June 2018 14:45

Well, I have locations for breakfast meets so far and I'm not even moved yet. The breakfast meeting area's include the Sloop at Kingsteinton, Carkel garden centre, Kernow Mill, Louis tea rooms, Toby Carvery Exeter, Cardinals Hatt and the Engine House at Callington. We also have Trago Mills and Par market as venues.

Evening meets for dinner at The Swingletree at Kelly Bray, The Toby Carvery at Exeter, The Ploughboy in Saltash. Plenty of places to choose from.

Starting next month I'll be putting together a "Cars under the stars" meets. Mid week and in a pub car park. Alternatively either side of the Tamar.
The first Thursday of every months the Cornwall MG club have a meet at the Quintrell Inn near Newquay, might be worth a visit.

But I'll be looking to venture further down into deepest Cornwall. Plus a run up the Atlantic Highway up to Westward Ho! Taking in places of interest.
There will also be some runs across the moors and having a Teddy Bears picnic/BBQ.

Dont't forget the Isles of Sciliy trip we discussed.

Will chat with you Matt next time we meet.

Cable Tie 3rd June 2018 15:03

No worries bob I’m sure we can have some truly good meets I’m sure

Ratty 3rd June 2018 15:12

I think most of the gang are up for Newquay & the IOW. Don't forget Butlins as discussed before.

Cable Tie 3rd June 2018 15:14

Oh yea forgot about butlins lol

FLYING BANANA 3rd June 2018 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cable Tie (Post 2636720)
Oh yea forgot about butlins lol

Start posting up the Newquay hotel now, plus the IOW December run. See what response you get. Contact Muddy Nathan & Speedy Boy, I'll bet they will go.