The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What cars do you regret selling (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296306)

ROVER2003 3rd June 2019 11:56

What cars do you regret selling

Just though i might make a thread for people to think what they regret selling the most I regret getting rid of my first 75 PX03XMM that i got rid of as i wanted to go to POL

RoverP480 3rd June 2019 12:30

Financially, my 1949 80" Land Rover, sold for £75 , now worth £25K or more

Mike Trident 3rd June 2019 12:34

Non really, we tend to look back with rose tinted glasses on. Comparing my old cars to new ones just reminds me how rubbish they really were.

madeupname 3rd June 2019 13:04

My second Austin Maxi 1800. It was like a tank, but went to an enthusiast who got her into fine fettle :D

But scrapping Tset, my 416, was a rather teary affair. She'd gone all over the country with me. Holidays together. Got me safely back home on an horrendously snowy Boxing Day a few years ago after going to Port Vale for an away match. It started snowing about half way through the second half and came down thick and fast for the rest of the night. We had to stop on the M1 for a short traffic jam just before Sheffield and I was worried she'd skid around and get stuck, but no, her trusty wheels got going and we made it almost all the way home, refusing finally to get up the hill from Broomhill to Crookes. Parked her up and dug her out the next day after the roads had been gritted. She saw me safely through foggy drives too. Oh, and I heard tell she could also do a ton :shrug:

markypicks 3rd June 2019 18:09

my vauxhall vx490 in green with a black vinyl roof . loved it rgds mark

MSS 3rd June 2019 18:28

Only one - my Vauxhall Calibra SE. It was an employer provided car which I had the option to buy at the t3-year replacement point. So my regret was not buying it and taking another car from the employer.

The Incredible 'ULK' 3rd June 2019 18:38

I regret selling my first car. A 2002 Hyundai Accent 1.3i Doesn't sound exciting, but it was such a characterful car, extremely reliable, and had a really nice balance of handling + performance that made it feel quite special in an area of the market where Corsa's and the like just felt plain dull and predictable. And try finding one now...

Mogodon 3rd June 2019 18:45

Really regret scrapping my 1975 Opel Manta A 1.9 Berlinetta after running into the back of another car (was young and keen then) around 1987/88.

The damage looking back was superficial and today I'd have repaired it but back then it was just an old car.

Fast, stylish coupe and now rare as hens teeth, and worth a small fortune.

Heddy 3rd June 2019 18:48

Never regretted selling a car, but wish I still had the BSA 650 Lightning Sports :duh:

Captain Crappycrimp 3rd June 2019 18:54

My first ZTT and first MG Rover of any kind Oh hang on bought her back last May
Ok so my ZT saloon x power grey with all the toys oh no hang on bought that back yesterday
Erm 03eb07 my Mk11 Chieftain tank less than a mile to the gallon utterly unreliable and I loved it sadly the Army said I couldn’t keep it😀

Richard