The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Really Annoyed... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=150424)

Canonite 21st June 2013 07:41

Really Annoyed...

Got my renewal from Peter Best for my ZT. Last year my premium was £650 and my renewal letter gave me a price of a touch over £700 with my 'new' endorsements.
Not too bad an increase considering and I had added the side skirts to the list of modifications so I thought i'll take it.
Phoned them up to go through a few errors in the quote details and also had to notify them of an incident from back in May in a motability car.

I was in BP filling up (pump 1) and had gone inside to pay, on my way out I noticed an Astra moving in reverse towards my Astra, it mounted the kerb and scraped the back bumper of my car. My wife and kids were in my car.
I rushed over and there was nobody in the other car, peered inside and noticed the electric handbrake.
The owner came out of the adjacent shop frantic as her car wasn't where she parked it and she thought it had been stolen.
She said at the time she'd just bought the car and was just getting to grips with the electronic handbrake and she'd forgot to engage it.
She admitted liability and I informed my insurer and the work was done at no cost to me.

Peter Best then came back with a renewal of £1400, which I just cannot justify. So even though I was a completely innocent party my insurance has doubled, the only other thing that changed was that the car is now on a drive, not on the street as the original renewal stated.

So i'm now in a position where I either stump up the £1400, SORN the car for a year until a speeding endorsment expires or sell the car.

Wish i'd just let it go, but you can't. All incidents MUST be reported to your insurer whether or not a claim is made regardless of fault.... or your cover is invalidated!

Insurance......biggest con going. And it is a compulsory nessecity :mad:

TriumphStag 21st June 2013 07:56

That is ridiculous. I would check the three main comparison sites and see what they come back with.

www.comparethemarket.com
www.confused.com
www.gocompare.com

I do this every year and generally get my renewal halved.

andyg2011 21st June 2013 08:03

Wow Thats @@@@

Cant believe you do the right thing and they shaft you for it,

You was the one that put me onto peter best last year,

I cant wait for my renewal now,:getmecoat:

DaveyC 21st June 2013 08:12

Definitely GOooooo Compareeee!!!!! That is just mad. Its not a serious quote.

Mine from Direct Line cane in at £480 this year. went on price comparisons and now have a better policy for £313 !! Direct line had been cheapest by a mile last year. They also seem to have little or no interest in keeping me on as a customer and moving on their price. Their loss.

Seriously, you should shop round on the net.......

Dave :shrug:

Tatts 21st June 2013 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonite (Post 1340094)
Got my renewal from Peter Best for my ZT. Last year my premium was £650 and my renewal letter gave me a price of a touch over £700 with my 'new' endorsements.
Not too bad an increase considering and I had added the side skirts to the list of modifications so I thought i'll take it.
Phoned them up to go through a few errors in the quote details and also had to notify them of an incident from back in May in a motability car.

I was in BP filling up (pump 1) and had gone inside to pay, on my way out I noticed an Astra moving in reverse towards my Astra, it mounted the kerb and scraped the back bumper of my car. My wife and kids were in my car.
I rushed over and there was nobody in the other car, peered inside and noticed the electric handbrake.
The owner came out of the adjacent shop frantic as her car wasn't where she parked it and she thought it had been stolen.
She said at the time she'd just bought the car and was just getting to grips with the electronic handbrake and she'd forgot to engage it.
She admitted liability and I informed my insurer and the work was done at no cost to me.

Peter Best then came back with a renewal of £1400, which I just cannot justify. So even though I was a completely innocent party my insurance has doubled, the only other thing that changed was that the car is now on a drive, not on the street as the original renewal stated.

So i'm now in a position where I either stump up the £1400, SORN the car for a year until a speeding endorsment expires or sell the car.

Wish i'd just let it go, but you can't. All incidents MUST be reported to your insurer whether or not a claim is made regardless of fault.... or your cover is invalidated!

Insurance......biggest con going. And it is a compulsory nessecity :mad:

Ouch. I feel your pain.

Try Lancaster Classic Insurance, I insure my ZT with them on a classic policy, comes in about £270. With that policy NCD is disregarded, so you can use it on another car - if you have another car that is!

FWIW I had someone reverse into me last year in my SLK, so I now have a no fault endorsement on my policy. My SLK is a 3.5l V6, 306bhp and amazingly my insurance dropped by around £200, to £284, thats with Swift Cover via confused.com.

TriumphStag 21st June 2013 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatts (Post 1340130)
Try Lancaster Classic Insurance, I insure my ZT with them on a classic policy, comes in about £270. With that policy NCD is disregarded, so you can use it on another car - if you have another car that

I thought you could only get a classic policy on a second car. I.e. you have to have a normally insured car first?

roverchippy 21st June 2013 08:53

Hi,

I had the same issue and dont let them walk all over you!!!!

I persisted and claimed back the full amount of increase on my insurance over the next 5 years - that was an extra 4 grand in my pocket which has genuinly gone back on this increase.

I hate claiming - i really do...but my quoite went from 650 to about 1600...

Just so you know :D

roverchippy 21st June 2013 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriumphStag (Post 1340136)
I thought you could only get a classic policy on a second car. I.e. you have to have a normally insured car first?

No not at all - very few insurers do this now...

Gate Keeper 21st June 2013 09:04

That's terrible news Alan. I have seen similar reviews about your insurer on the net how they suck people in with a low rate and double it up on the first claim. I always try to settle a claim privately without involving the insurance people, but then if the 3rd party won't agree that's a non starter. I wonder if you could get a classic car quote?

MrDoodles 21st June 2013 09:09

Just shows that honesty doesn't pay with these sharks! :mad:

If someone's car ran into mine in a filling station and the Insurance wasn't involved, there's no way that I'd tell them, as it a No CLAIMS Discount, not a no incident discount! :mad:

I've said it before and I'll sat it again, Car Insurance in this Country is the closest thing you can come to legalised theft! :mad: