The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Reached 15> Breakdown cover? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298021)

HarryM1BYT 2nd August 2019 09:54

Reached 15> Breakdown cover?

Or rather roadside rescue/get you home..

I cannot renew with my present one, because it is now past 15 years old, so what's good on price?

I don't need home start.

I need cover around UK only, with a caravan and...

If my caravan is on site far from home and I need to be taken home, I would need the car and caravan taken home.

Happy to pay, then get reimbursed, so long as I have a number to ring if I am stuck in an emergency.

Avulon 2nd August 2019 10:35

Take a look at AA personal cover with full recovery option. I've just rechecked mine and can't find any vehicle age restriction in the T&Cs. Just as well as the 'large' print says the personal cover covers me in any vehicle as a driver or passenger.

There are restrictions on vehicle size, and they will also cover your caravan (relay the caravan as well as the car if the car breaksdown) provided it meets the size requirements:
max width 8'3" (yes it's given in imperial!) and max weight 3.5 tonnes (no maximum length given).

N.B. None of my vehicles are less than 15 years old.

BoroRover 2nd August 2019 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2752074)
Take a look at AA personal cover with full recovery option. I've just rechecked mine and can't find any vehicle age restriction in the T&Cs. Just as well as the 'large' print says the personal cover covers me in any vehicle as a driver or passenger.

There are restrictions on vehicle size, and they will also cover your caravan (relay the caravan as well as the car if the car breaksdown) provided it meets the size requirements:
max width 8'3" (yes it's given in imperial!) and max weight 3.5 tonnes (no maximum length given).

N.B. None of my vehicles are less than 15 years old.

As above. They removed the restriction on vehicle age, along with limited call-outs a while ago.
Probably because there are more players in their game these days.
Lost a fair bit of business I reckon, so they upped their game.
Gotta be good.

coolguy 2nd August 2019 11:43

Personal RAC cover has no limits on age of car or number of call-outs - I have been with them for over 40 years and have no complaints. They also cover me in other peoples cars. Maybe not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for!

smudge.g 2nd August 2019 11:45

Agree with above, i have had AA cover for years and only last weekend had my 16yr old tourer recovered due to crankshaft pulley failure. Have never seen an mention of age of car in the booklet and my wife's Pajero had cover a while ago and that was much older!

MSS 2nd August 2019 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2752092)
Personal RAC cover has no limits on age of car or number of call-outs - I have been with them for over 40 years and have no complaints. They also cover me in other peoples cars. Maybe not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for!

Likewise - we've been with the RAC for many years and see no reason to change. Whilst not cheap, the service is excellent.

Bernard Fishtrousers 2nd August 2019 12:35

Auto Aid - at autoaid.com - about £45 quid for a husband & wife combination driving any car any where in the UK. Recovery, the lot. Been with them many years.

planenut 2nd August 2019 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Fishtrousers (Post 2752105)
Auto Aid - at autoaid.com - about £45 quid for a husband & wife combination driving any car any where in the UK. Recovery, the lot. Been with them many years.

Agreed, and their website quotes
Quote:

AutoAid Breakdown covers you and your legal spouse or civil partner with total breakdown cover, which includes, roadside assistance, a vehicle recovery service to one place of your choice, home breakdowns, emergency travel or overnight hotel accommodation and an attached caravan or small trailer.

HarryM1BYT 2nd August 2019 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Fishtrousers (Post 2752105)

I cannot see any cover at all on their site for £45. £66 seems the only one which comes close to my spec., but only their £78 offering includes some sort of trailer / caravan cover.

stocktake 2nd August 2019 15:39

I'm with auto aid, gone up since last yr, Personal cover as opposed to specific vehicle cover currently £59:99 you and spouse any vehicle you are legally driving, caravan covered in T&C's (2nd Link)

https://secure.autoaidbreakdown.co.u...409.1564759965

https://secure.autoaidbreakdown.co.u...20Document.pdf