The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   POL 2023 Tourer & ZT-T gathering (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=322826)

Mattyboy 4th February 2023 13:00

POL 2023 Tourer & ZT-T gathering

“The last chance saloon meets the lifestyle choice estate”.

I will be attending the Pride of Longbridge 2023 in my Tourer this year. I thought it would make a good visual effect to try & cluster some of the ZT-T & Tourer estates together at one end of the Rover 75 & MG ZT Club. Something similar was done at the RoverFest 2022 with organisers grouping cars by model & sub type where possible & it worked nicely with the estates parked opposite the saloons. This would an informal sub-group.

Therefore I’ve created a little ‘event’ on facebook inviting estate owners to park their wagons at one end of the club line. This being the end nearest as you enter Crofton Park from where the 75/ZT club parks in the centre.

As many members on here aren’t facebook users I’ve posted it here too. This is entirely unofficial & their is no official ZT-T/Tourer club it would just come under the wider club.

daveo138 4th February 2023 20:26

Any news on the date?

Mattyboy 4th February 2023 21:27

Saturday 15th April

It is on 15/04/2023 which is the actual anniversary of MG Rover’s demise.

So far I have five estates confirmed as attending on facebook.

daveo138 5th February 2023 10:28

I will be there, too.

Mick Brownhill 5th February 2023 10:33

Pol 2023

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2959905)

Just to confirm I will be there with Tommy (ZTT 180). Where could we meet from our area and travel together? Suggest somewhere on M1.

Best Wishes
Mick

TomTheTyke 5th February 2023 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2959905)

I think I've seen this date a couple of times online, and I'm sure you are right, but not seen anything 'official.' Do they have a Facebook page? I think I found out last year from the thread on here.

R75800sd1 6th February 2023 11:55

Count me in, will probably be in the Tourer unless I`ve finished the saloon. The Mrs will be in her TF again like last year, all being well.
Will keep an eye out for a meeting place as we`re coming from south of Chesterfield

Mattyboy 6th February 2023 18:30

Meeting place

Hello all. As most of those responding seem to coming from the north I’m going to suggest meeting at J28 M1 southbound ‘Brewers Fayre’ car park at 7:50am to depart at 8am (all subject to discussion/change) for those wishing to travel down together.

So far seven estates have said they wish to join us & I expect a few more will do so closer to the date. Of these two are from Chesterfield area, one is from Sheffield, & one is Middlesbrough who can join the M1 via the M18, whilst I can join the M1 at J28 (Mansfield).

Of course some may not wish to travel in convoy so they can park with us there. Based on previous years getting there before 9:30am is wisest because of the entry traffic jam that the 2000-4000 attending cars create. From J28 is 1hr 15mins & allows for us departing late from the rendezvous.

Mick Brownhill 6th February 2023 19:01

Tourers on tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2960059)
Hello all. As most of those responding seem to coming from the north I’m going to suggest meeting at J28 M1 southbound ‘Brewers Fayre’ car park at 7:50am to depart at 8am (all subject to discussion/change) for those wishing to travel down together.

So far seven estates have said they wish to join us & I expect a few more will do so closer to the date. Of these two are from Chesterfield area, one is from Sheffield, & one is Middlesbrough who can join the M1 via the M18, whilst I can join the M1 at J28 (Mansfield).

Of course some may not wish to travel in convoy so they can park with us there. Based on previous years getting there before 9:30am is wisest because of the entry traffic jam that the 2000-4000 attending cars create. From J28 is 1hr 15mins & allows for us departing late from the rendezvous.

Junction 28 M1 looks good

starbug2 11th February 2023 13:34

I saw a post on Facebook about tourers :-) currently thinkung if taking my car . I was just looking if the OC was doing anything