The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The 29th Club National Meet Sunday 19th April - POSTPONED (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302856)

ricardo65 23rd February 2022 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 2921676)
The idea and appeal for national club meets is that they move around in location across the country and date at which they occur, to maximise the opportunity for as many members as possible to attend at some point if they wish. :sunny:

I understand the concept of a national meet my suggestion never mentioned East Kirkby as a national meet but as a annual meet with the backing and support from the club maybe because it's in the national meet thread it was assumed I meant as a national 🙂meets are a big part of this club the socializing the banter friendship and enthusiasm to keep these cars on the road is second to none it would be great to know that the club supported some of these meets and could be in the club calendar yearly it would also give people plenty of time to plan if they want to attend

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

Rev Jules 23rd February 2022 13:20

Quote:

The idea and appeal for national club meets is that they move around in location across the country and date at which they occur, to maximise the opportunity for as many members as possible to attend at some point if they wish. :sunny:

So who organises National Meets now, are any planned for this year>???.

Rev.

maxi_crawf 23rd February 2022 15:02

The East Kirkby annual meet has been organised
By Dave for some years now and he does it so well, this meet is effectively being offered to the OC on a silver plate, to use an equestrian quote "you don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Snetty 24th February 2022 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2921718)
By Dave for some years now and he does it so well, this meet is effectively being offered to the OC on a silver plate, to use an equestrian quote "you don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

The club is folked if those who run it stop listening to those to that pay the subscriptions to fund it. I am not a subscriber for these exact reasons.

dave lincs 24th February 2022 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2921664)
With the support encouragement and backing of the club plus the willingness and expertise of Dave lincs organisation why can't east Kirkby be made into a annual club meet this meet is always well attended by club members and is the perfect location with plenty of amenities close by for people who have travelled from away Dave has organised this meet for a number of years now and I'm sure if Dave had more support from the green team this is well achievable to be added to the club calendar for years to come

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

Very well put Richard as we all know East Kirkby is a very well attended meet that always attracts a very good show of cars and should be an annual meet and i feel it should be supported by the club as it seems to me the green team don't seem to do much in the way of events any more or even give any thanks to me for sorting the East kirkby meet

dave lincs 24th February 2022 09:36

Quote:

Paul
Surely if more mets are arranged and East Kirkby is an annual meet it can only do good for the club? It seems quite simple to me that if there is no support from the Green team the club will slowly drift away

Dave

dave lincs 24th February 2022 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2921705)
So who organises National Meets now, are any planned for this year>???.

Rev.

Very good question Rev

dave lincs 24th February 2022 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2921718)

Many thanks Roy often we have over 300 cars turn up and the last 3 East Kirkby events have had over 30 75/ZT cars attend

maxi_crawf 24th February 2022 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2921831)
Many thanks Roy often we have over 300 cars turn up and the last 3 East Kirkby events have had over 30 75/ZT cars attend

It's a good day out, lots to see, easy parking, it's Lincolnshire not the Moon.

dave lincs 24th February 2022 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2921832)
It's a good day out, lots to see, easy parking, it's Lincolnshire not the Moon.

Very true Roy and they even let us use there public liability insurance :}