The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "You can't get parts for Rovers" (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301690)

Bob Williams 24th December 2019 11:34

"You can't get parts for Rovers"

At nearly 254,000 miles my turbo diesel tourer had developed a loud knock from the front that occurred on bumps and also when changing gear. Fearing it might be an engine mounting (they are still the originals) I took it to Souls ay Olney this morning.

I arrived when they opened at 8.00 and by 11.00 they had diagnosed a very worn track rod end, a replacement was ordered (they had none in stock), it was delivered and fitted. Problem solved.

I remember ten years or more ago when Rovers went bust that prices collapsed as the motoring press were warning that spare parts would be a problem in future. I suggest it would be difficult to beat the service I received this morning if I had a new Toyota!

Yorkshire GOC 24th December 2019 11:39

I think we are relatively lucky for parts - my brother has a 2011 SAAB and despite the fact many GM Vauxhall Insignia parts can be utilised some stuff is just not available at all.

BoroRover 24th December 2019 12:58

Aah Souls of Olny. My Copperleaf still bears their logo on its number plates, from whence it came, brand new. I'm the second owner...of nearly a year now, the original owner sure liked his 75, keeping it nearly 15 years ago.
It's still stunning.

ceedy 24th December 2019 16:05

My 260 came from Souls :icon_redface:

Phil T4's home ground

Rick-sta 24th December 2019 16:25

We've been pretty lucky with parts. Ive never had a problem getting hold of anything, either new such as mechanical parts or used parts from mg rover breakers for things such as trims.

trikey 24th December 2019 19:27

You would be hard pushed to find a better dealer, with Phil on the premises the issue would be sorted without issue.

3disco 24th December 2019 21:23

My copperleaf tourer also came from Souls,happy Christmas every one.:snowball1:

genpk 24th December 2019 21:34

Trikey, do you break cars ie rover parts ?

Robson Rover Repair 25th December 2019 16:40

I think we where lucky with rover and mg going to China.

This lent a natural situation for replica parts and also with mg7 / roewe 750 being built for such a long time after our cars stopped being produced.

We are very fortunate as a group of owners, you look towards zs and 45 owners and see issues, yet 25 and zr owners are reasonable due to the Mg3sw carrying on for so long.

trikey 25th December 2019 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by genpk (Post 2783142)
Trikey, do you break cars ie rover parts ?

Sometimes! It’s worth dropping me a message if you need anything as I have a few bits put away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk