The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thank you to Marinabrian (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303859)

macafee2 27th March 2020 11:16

Thank you to Marinabrian

I don't know how many years ago, Marinabrian posted a reply to a thread on how to remove the front arm from the hub. I did not understand it.
I have always struggled to do this jobs and today is no exception and frustration was creeping in.

Today the penny dropped and omg what a effing* easy job it made of it.

* effing, no other word I can think of can impress upon how easy it made the job.

Hammering away made no difference. Marianbrian's 2x2 suggestion and once tied on.... 5 seconds?

wow, thank you Brian, I'm so glad you are back

macafee2

markypicks 27th March 2020 11:27

never met the bloke but hopefully one day i might but what i've heard he's one of the best rgds mark

Number 6 27th March 2020 11:45

Quote....."wow, thank you Brian, I'm so glad you are back!!"

As Bond would say..

He as never been away:bowdown:

bl52krz 27th March 2020 12:53

Floats like a butterfly but stings like a bee, that’s Brian. What would we do without you Bri?.

marinabrian 27th March 2020 16:31

I'm glad you found the workaround easy Ian.........after boxing up the back end on the ZT earlier, I decided to take a look at the front end to see what was causing the occasional rattle, and I'll be doing the same job myself once I source a replacement lower arm.

Brian :D

macafee2 27th March 2020 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2801885)
I'm glad you found the workaround easy Ian.........after boxing up the back end on the ZT earlier, I decided to take a look at the front end to see what was causing the occasional rattle, and I'll be doing the same job myself once I source a replacement lower arm.

Brian :D

Easy, yes your way was differently easy, I wish I had understood years ago :) Second arm took less then 5 seconds.

Anyone else not sure how to get this joint apart, pm me and I will explain Brian's way

macafee2

monty1 28th March 2020 06:16

He replaced my rear upper arm in the dark on the road outside my house :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, he’s a legend

itcaptainslow 28th March 2020 07:21

Any chance of a link to the thread with the magic answer please? Would be interested to see how it’s done. :)

macafee2 28th March 2020 08:19

1 Attachment(s)
I have no idea of the link but this is how it is done.

Place a piece of 2 x 2 x 5?ft at right angles to the car but "parallel" to the ground. Put one end under the sub frame and along under the arm, I had to put a piece of 2x2 between this piece and the sub frame. Just behind the ball joint tie the lenth of 2 x2 "tight" to the under side of the arm. Now stand 2 or 3 foot from the hub but on the 2x2 and the arm will drop out, may only need to put one foot on the 2x2. Make sure of course you have removed the pinch bolt first :)

I hope diagram make sense.

macafee2

Dallas 28th March 2020 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2801824)
I don't know how many years ago, Marinabrian posted a reply to a thread on how to remove the front arm from the hub. I did not understand it.
I have always struggled to do this jobs and today is no exception and frustration was creeping in.

Today the penny dropped and omg what a effing* easy job it made of it.

* effing, no other word I can think of can impress upon how easy it made the job.

Hammering away made no difference. Marianbrian's 2x2 suggestion and once tied on.... 5 seconds?

wow, thank you Brian, I'm so glad you are back

macafee2

Nice Job Ian... Its great when a hard job is made easy. :}

So is Brian back again? He's had more comebacks than Madonna. :D :getmecoat:

Sorry Brian, only joking in good nature. ;)