The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall android DD ... igo issue (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177779)

theridler 24th March 2014 07:44

Navall android DD ... igo issue

Hi Does anyone know if I need to do a factory reset. Igo loads and runs OK but keeps shutting down intermittently once I go to full screen... I have igo loaded from SD card rather than hard drive...

coolcat 24th March 2014 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by theridler (Post 1617332)
Hi Does anyone know if I need to do a factory reset. Igo loads and runs OK but keeps shutting down intermittently once I go to full screen... I have igo loaded from SD card rather than hard drive...

Hi John,

I would uninstall it and put it back on again.
Not had that happen myself but probably that will sort it out;)

Radioguy 24th March 2014 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by theridler (Post 1617332)

Sounds Like a Cache Problem

Can you clear the Cache?

Cheers

coolcat 24th March 2014 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioguy (Post 1617471)
Sounds Like a Cache Problem

Can you clear the Cache?

Cheers

Good point..... Definitely try that first ;)

Supervinnie40 24th March 2014 15:15

Or both. iGo stores most of the settings in an external file that doesn't get deleted when the app is uninstalled. When you re-install it, most of your settings will still be there.
So you can do both without losing much settings.

theridler 24th March 2014 20:02

Ok... how do I clear the cache? Is this through application manager? Then after this uninstall app (again through application manager)??
TIA for your responses peeps - you're almost too quick fro me! I find I've just got home & there's a shed load of info to work thru'! It's great!!

coolcat 24th March 2014 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by theridler (Post 1618004)
Ok... how do I clear the cache? Is this through application manager? Then after this uninstall app (again through application manager)??
TIA for your responses peeps - you're almost too quick fro me! I find I've just got home & there's a shed load of info to work thru'! It's great!!

Indeed it is,

Go to Application Manager, find Igo Primo and click on clear cache;)

The uninstall is in there as well but try the cache first :}

theridler 24th March 2014 21:18

Thanks Jeff for the prompt reply... may not happen till the weekend when I have control of the car!!!!

theridler 29th March 2014 18:28

Well tried:
a) clearing cahce - couldn't it was greyed out...
b) uninstall then reinstall programme - still had same issue
c) factory reset - no better, maybe even worse!

Don't know what to try now... maybe I reinstalled wrongly after factory reset... I had trouble accessing IGO SD card...?? Would there be an igo folder on the internal hard drive? If so I may hve installed from that directory instead of sd card???

Anyone got any thoughts?
Regards John

PS I'll try my old version of TOMTom as I need a satnav programme that doesn't shut down when I don't want it to... seemed to shut down as stopped at intersection or lights???

tony_fry 29th March 2014 22:44

You must delete the save folder within iGo uninstalling it and reinstalling it will nor make any difference. You have to delete the save folder and then reinstall.