The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Orange Fuel Clip (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16140)

Fleckers 19th February 2008 07:18

Orange Fuel Clip

Hello.

I know it must have been answered but having major issues with my PC [nothing a hammer wont cure] and can not search anything at moment.

I have 2004 [53 plate] Mk1 ZT -T V8

Its coming up for a big service, but before it does, I want to find out if it needs to have the orange fuel clip mod, or where I check to see if its been done already.

Sorry if being a spanner etc.

cheers

Phil260 19th February 2008 10:40

First, yes you do need the fuel clip. To check if it already has one, you need to take up the rear seat squab. If the previous owner who fitted one was a thoroughly decent chap, he will have written something to say so, near the fuel tank access cover on the passenger side.

If not, you need to take the lid off and pull out the filter to check.

I would make sure you have a clip with you when you take the cover off as you won't want to do the job twice.

pmessling 19th February 2008 15:50

still not sure if mine has been done, nearly two years of ownership and still going. perhaps i'm pushing my luck and should check.

VXman 19th February 2008 16:01

I had already done the clip. but last June the car started misfiring except when on full power and would'nt pull beyond 3500 revs.

I got it to the local dealer who said the fuel filter was clogged up and they replaced the filter housing.

This week the exact same symptoms appeared. I took the filter assembly out and it had come unscrewed and there was no clip!!!!!!

I screwed it back together and its running fine again.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to take it apart again to put another clip on...or pay another £7 for it. Thats a rip off for a tiny bit of plastic!

dustybin 19th February 2008 17:52

You think £7 is a rip off, yet you drive around in a gas guzzler????

ragitty 19th February 2008 19:57

I don't think that I paid £7.00 for mine pretty certain it was about a fiver, anyway pay the money well worth it.

Tom Collins 19th February 2008 20:38

Lates asked me on Sunday if I had the clip fitted. There was a sharp intake of breath and a grin when I said no. :o

Fleckers 20th February 2008 07:48

Anyone offer a part number etc & a supplier ?

I dont want to sound even more of a plank than normal ringing up local parts place and asking for an orange clip thingy

cheers

anglaslt 20th February 2008 08:19

Redrover on www.two-sixties.com has a new clip for sale. £4.00 inc postage.

Tom

Understand it's now sold.

GreyGhost 20th February 2008 08:44

Rimmer Bros

Part Number WJC000230
Description CLIP-FUEL FILTER
Retail Price £5.62 inc. VAT (£4.78 exc. VAT)
Plus a delivery charge.