The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Glove box CD player removal... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249534)

Lynyrd Skynner 20th July 2016 09:43

Glove box CD player removal...

I want to remove the CD player from the glove box , the brackets appear to be held to the floor of the glove box so am I right in thinking the screws will be coming up from under the glove box , above your feet in the passenger footwell ? if so is there anything to remove to gain access , its a bit hard getting down to look what with this plaster on my ankle ...

Thanks....

klarzy 20th July 2016 09:51

Remove the glove box bud
4 screws in the top lip and 3 under the felt inside at the front... T20 torx if memory serves,

Push the plastic arms out to drop the shelf to get better access to the top screws..

clf 20th July 2016 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynyrd Skynner (Post 2333163)
I want to remove the CD player from the glove box , the brackets appear to be held to the floor of the glove box so am I right in thinking the screws will be coming up from under the glove box , above your feet in the passenger footwell ? if so is there anything to remove to gain access , its a bit hard getting down to look what with this plaster on my ankle ...

Thanks....

it will probably be easier to remove the glovebox. although the three screws behind the hinges may not be accessible with the CD player in place.

Dorset Bob 20th July 2016 09:53

Yes, it held in by screws from underneath.
I took my glovebox out to remove them, but other people have got at them, from underneath, by removing the fuse box cover.

This thread might help. :}

EDIT : You lot are quick!

ZedTeeTee 20th July 2016 11:51

I think it's more hassle than it's worth removing the entire glove box - you can get plenty access by simply dropping the cover down. You can reach all four nuts and disconnect the plug, 5 minute job.

Lynyrd Skynner 20th July 2016 22:09

Thanks gents , armed with this info I shall give it a crack in the next day or 2....

coolcat 21st July 2016 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee (Post 2333223)
I think it's more hassle than it's worth removing the entire glove box - you can get plenty access by simply dropping the cover down. You can reach all four nuts and disconnect the plug, 5 minute job.

Correct :bowdown:

Just drop the fuse box cover, undo the four nuts and unplug the connector and pull it out.

Five minutes tops to do it as Chris said :}

clf 21st July 2016 14:41

I would say sitting on the passenger seat, to remove the glovebox would be more comfortable whilst an ankle cast was still on ;)

Lynyrd Skynner 21st July 2016 15:04

Had the cast off this afternoon so will have alook soon , I only want to get the last owners CDs out and send them back to him .....

coolcat 21st July 2016 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2333894)
I would say sitting on the passenger seat, to remove the glovebox would be more comfortable whilst an ankle cast was still on ;)

You know what they say.....No pain no gain:eek::D:getmecoat: