The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   School fines (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=280092)

suzublu 1st March 2018 19:40

School fines

Should parents be able to fine schools £60 for closure during the cold, when schools fine parents for taking children out when it's warm:shrug::getmecoat:

Darcydog 1st March 2018 19:52

Ha Ha Ha! Nice joke - but the premise is just that - a joke.

Schools close in bad weather on safety grounds.

Parents wish to take THEIR children out of school for all sorts of valid reasons - but I doubt “safety” is one of them.

Don’t get me wrong - I think Parents should be allowed to take their children out of normal school term time for a family holiday. I believe the child’s development is compromised by their NOT having quality family time.

But trying to play a stupid

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-

(.) for tat game is not going to work and denigrates the very real issues parents and families have with the rigid academic timetable inflicted upon them.

suzublu 1st March 2018 19:55

:D Of course my tongue was firmly in my cheek Clive;):D Just a little brevity on a cold, wintry night:D With the added bonus of Arsenal being stuffed:bowdown::D

macafee2 1st March 2018 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2601428)
Ha Ha Ha! Nice joke - but the premise is just that - a joke.

Schools close in bad weather on safety grounds.

Parents wish to take THEIR children out of school for all sorts of valid reasons - but I doubt “safety” is one of them.

Don’t get me wrong - I think Parents should be allowed to take their children out of normal school term time for a family holiday. I believe the child’s development is compromised by their NOT having quality family time.

But trying to play a stupid

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-

(.) for tat game is not going to work and denigrates the very real issues parents and families have with the rigid academic timetable inflicted upon them.

parents can take their children out in school time as long as the teacher can take their holiday in term time. The child will miss lessons and so when the teacher takes their holiday there will be no replacement teacher.:D

I suspect the No1 reason parents take their children out of school for holidays is cost. Whilst I accept there will be times when the parents cant get time off in school holidays, service personnel returning from tour of duty for example I do feel that holidays should not be during term time.

macafee2

COLVERT 1st March 2018 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2601429)
:D Of course my tongue was firmly in my cheek Clive;):D Just a little brevity on a cold, wintry night:D With the added bonus of Arsenal being stuffed:bowdown::D

Your comment made me smile. Good bit of lateral thinking there ---:D:D:D

Take care though. It's like using a rocking chair in a room full of long tail cats.----------;)

Darcydog 1st March 2018 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2601445)
Your comment made me smile. Good bit of lateral thinking there ---:D:D:D

Take care though. It's like using a rocking chair in a room full of long tail cats.----------;)

Quite! :D ..........

Darcydog 1st March 2018 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2601438)
parents can take their children out in school time as long as the teacher can take their holiday in term time. The child will miss lessons and so when the teacher takes their holiday there will be no replacement teacher.:D

I suspect the No1 reason parents take their children out of school for holidays is cost. Whilst I accept there will be times when the parents cant get time off in school holidays, service personnel returning from tour of duty for example I do feel that holidays should not be during term time.

macafee2

Hi Ian - that analogy only works if both sets of workers have the same amount of holiday. I suffered all my parental working life from trying to battle to get my 4 weeks and later 5 weeks to coincide with the academic school holidays.

The U.K. is not moving towards the modular basis of education used in more forward thinking Nations.

Why don’t we have our teaching staff working to the same sort of contracts as others?

If we deem our children to only need circa 40 weeks tuition time out of 52 - why do those 40 have to be at set times?

Why don’t we allow our children to take time out with their families and commit to those 40 weeks on a modular basis?

Other countries work this system well

If we scrapped the archaic existing 3 terms with a 6 week summer break with 2 weeks at both Easter and Christmas and 3 half term time breaks of a week each - plus up to 5 inset days - actually reduces a calendar year from 52 weeks to as little as 38 weeks.

If any thing - surely those that have 14 weeks (as opposed to those who have 5 weeks and no control of when those 5 are allocated to them) could be a little more fexible and forthcoming as to family holidays.

planenut 1st March 2018 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2601422)
Should parents be able to fine schools £60 for closure during the cold, when schools fine parents for taking children out when it's warm

I always thought, if a school closure forces the family to arrange for child care or parental need to take time off work, there should be some compensation similar to child benefit.