The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   OBD2 Torque (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293065)

Bullnose75 18th February 2019 14:12

OBD2 Torque

So guys,Xtrons Android installed in the Rover. Am well happy with it.
Still learning to do stuff on it. Latest thing i've tried to do is get the OBD2 reader that came with it working.
Have it as paired device on the Bluetooth screen and it says it's connected but can't find out how to get the Torque page to come up so I can access the fault codes etc with it ?
User manual just shows picture of the Torque screen but doesn't tell you how to get it ?
Paul

Rogue 18th February 2019 16:28

You will probably have to download it from the apps store.

Sjonnie 18th February 2019 17:14

It is already on the unit in the form of an apk. You have an app to manage the apk's on your unit (can't remember the name right now). Start the app and install Torque. Easy peasy :D

Bullnose75 18th February 2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2712465)
It is already on the unit in the form of an apk. You have an app to manage the apk's on your unit (can't remember the name right now). Start the app and install Torque. Easy peasy :D

:} Ok,next question then,lol - what is an apk ?
And how do I start the app you mention ?
I'm sure it's easy peasy if you're used to using things like apps etc.
I'm used to getting better user manuals with electrical things I buy that give a detailed layout of all the functions and how to access them.
User manual that comes with this just assumes you know stuff

Sjonnie 19th February 2019 05:51

Hi,

APK is a package/container for software. It contains all files needed for installing the software on your device.

The APK Installer should be on one of the home screens of the unit. You can swipe between the screens to search for it. Once found, tap the icon and it will start.

Bullnose75 19th February 2019 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjonnie (Post 2712680)
Hi,

APK is a package/container for software. It contains all files needed for installing the software on your device.

The APK Installer should be on one of the home screens of the unit. You can swipe between the screens to search for it. Once found, tap the icon and it will start.

Yep,found it. Forgot to swipe :D

goltho 26th February 2019 00:06

Assuming you've got the 4 USB cables for dongles etc, how are you planning to bring them out into the car? I got my my unit running yesterday and will be doing the final fitting tomorrow. I don't much care for four USB connectors dangling anywhere, so am considering connecting & mounting sockets instead.... somewhere.

I'm also well pleased so far. :)

Dougie.

Bullnose75 27th February 2019 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by goltho (Post 2714875)
Assuming you've got the 4 USB cables for dongles etc, how are you planning to bring them out into the car? I got my my unit running yesterday and will be doing the final fitting tomorrow. I don't much care for four USB connectors dangling anywhere, so am considering connecting & mounting sockets instead.... somewhere.

I'm also well pleased so far. :)

Dougie.

Haven't decided where to fit my usb's yet. Had been thinking one under the centre console armrest somewhere and maybe two in the glovebox or maybe fit them in one of the spaces between the heated seat switches.
At mo they're tucked up behind the centre console (dash end)